• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Karcher

Danger200

Hi TRO

I'm aiming this thread at people who know a bit about Karcher pressure washers.

A little while back I created a thread about a jet washer but got side tracked. But recently I sustained a slight injury to my shin from my gf's slippy patio :lol: so I will be buying one very soon.

Ok there's the K2900M at Machine Mart for £130 with all the attachments
But for more power (only 10bar) I can get the http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karcher-K2-..._1_25?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1266933446&sr=8-25 without the brush attachment
Then I found http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-K2-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1266934401&sr=8-1 and have no idea what the difference is....BUT
If I dont care about attachments http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-5869.aspx £50

I have no idea what one is good or bad, which attachments are useless etc, could anyone advise me please?

Cheers

danga, i can't answer specific questions but i have owned a karcher for about 8 years. it is great. i had to use an unbranded costco spec one at the weekend and it was gash. well worth the money.

danga, i can't answer specific questions but i have owned a karcher for about 8 years. it is great. i had to use an unbranded costco spec one at the weekend and it was gash. well worth the money.

Not any more they aint they have been cheapend my first one i had for 5 years used it once a week to wash the bike the last two i have had have only lasted about a year and a half and then died

Cheers for the replys. I agree with collister, they have established their name so now they can afford to make cut backs on materials. Although, I do feel that value for money they seem to be the best like rossy said.

After thinking about it £50 isnt bad for your basic washer, although is the patio cleaner worth £40?

Rossy/collister you had any experience with these attachments? QVC and other shopping channels make them out to be fantastic

I've had a little Karcher washer for the past five years - K100 I think it is.

Anyway, it has been brilliant in stripping the muck of driveways, cleaning windows and washing the car. I have the foam lance fitting from CYC and it runs it great.

The best accessories are the lances. The brushes are not too great at all. Make sure you get a Vario-Lance so you can turn the force down if needed. Unless you are doing heavy duty cleaning then the little/medium washers should do fine.

I would like a hot water pressure washer but they cost a bit.

£100 off

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_380947_langId_-1_categoryId_165689

Karchers are the daddy, don't use their attachments for car washing!

The circular thing for patio's aint great either, I used an open end for the back patio.

CYC Sell foam lances if you fancy one.

I noticed that not long after you posted it actually. I like the idea of the long life motor in it.

I've had a little Karcher washer for the past five years - K100 I think it is.

Anyway, it has been brilliant in stripping the muck of driveways, cleaning windows and washing the car. I have the foam lance fitting from CYC and it runs it great.

The best accessories are the lances. The brushes are not too great at all. Make sure you get a Vario-Lance so you can turn the force down if needed. Unless you are doing heavy duty cleaning then the little/medium washers should do fine.

I would like a hot water pressure washer but they cost a bit.

Well if I do purchase one without the vario-lance I can allways nick it off the half busted Karcher in my garage. The thing leaks water, has been dropped off a conservatory and sustained alot of ice damage during the freezing weather. It's just has no pressure at all, funnily enough that's a k100.
Tbh I wouldnt use the brush on anything anyway, would probably snap or something :lol:

Go for one with wheels, they stabilise it so you can pull it around behind you without it falling over. It might seem irrelevant but if you don't it will drive you mad, I bought the Karcher K2.29 Pressure Washer for 65.00 and can't fault it for use around the house and car, high pressure lance good for patio, fascia and soffit etc. I can also agree with previous posts that the brush attachments are pretty useless, so don't pay extra for these.

The Karcher K386 Pressure Washer looks good value with on board tank for the detergent, plus 6m hose

Had a sniff on the argos webby, they do a replacement 7.5m Hose and Hand Gun at 39.99 for anyone who has a short hose, might take a look as that is the con with mines.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a K2.97 for a couple of years now. Cylinder head has gone on it so it just pulses all the time its switched on.
If you're going to get something decent make sure you protect it from the frost during the winter.
This winter has killed mine I think. Its left in the garage, maybe if I keep the next one in the garage i'll wrap it in an old towel and put in back in the box.
Annoying thing is, I kept the box.
Will be stripping it down next weekend. Repair will cost about £40, so may as well get a new one.

Cheers you two.

Yeah I werent too sure about the wheels but I will look at one with them on it lol. How long is the hose usually? Are they really short?

JMR- yeah the one I nicked off my nan and grandad just pulses all the time, regardless of whether I have pulled the trigger on the lance or not. Then it acts asif there isnt enough water going through it and I lose the water all together along with the pressure lol

i only ever use the standard water attachment. that is i only ever used it for spraying water.

I have the k7.85 and I use it everyday 3-4 x a day and had it for god knows how long now it's awesome did a patio and it looked like it had just been built !

reccomend the karcher 3.91 and an autobrite foam lance . this with a good snow foam/shampoo mix makes sure your cars pretty much totally clean before you touch wash it (Y)

Cheers for the advice people. I was also looking at the Nilfisk ones at Machine Mart but I'd rather the Karcher as it's getting the best review

I werent really intending on spending that much mate, but whereabouts are they based as I may change my mind after the Civic comes out of Honda today. It having it's alarm sorted so I'm not sure how much it's going to set me back

Cheers dude, that looks more like it.
Swindon is about 2.5 hours for me :lol: bit too far unfortunately

Back