• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

Have you had a test drive without a sale person in the passenger seat?

Chance your arm and see if they can delay demos for 48 hours and loan you the demo for that time so you can see if your wait is worth the day to day ownership.

Worth the punt. Don't ask, don't get.

I have nothing useful to add to the conversation... Sorry suffering brain freeze from the ice cream.

Worth try Bonito but can't see dealer going for that. But like you said worth a try.

Thats possibly the straw that broke the camels back.

IMO Honda have really dropped the ball with the FK2.

I have phoned Honda UK this morning. Based my order date, my order falls into the range that will be delayed and will be four weeks later than my original delivery date.

So basically, my dealer has been telling me porkies.

I've escalated it for a member of the customer services team at HUK to get a more specific response, rather than what the call centre have been told. So I am waiting for a call back.

So yeah. I'm spitting right now.

So Honda are almost certain your FK2 will now have a 4 week delay and you are going to test drive the M135i on Sunday, oh dear!! :D

Joking apart the time scale shouldn't really matter if you are fully 100% behind the Type R John, but from what you are saying I think you have doubts and can really see you going for the 1 series with how you feel at the moment anyway.

Two other people today on other forums phoned Honda.

They too were told 4 weeks delay at the moment due to parts. That could mean anything really.

One chap spoke to his dealer afterwards and the system is showing that his car has come forward 6 days.

It's very much a case of they can't find their arse with both hands.

Four more weeks will be 5 months from order to delivery and would be 9 weeks from now. Mid to late December when I'm probably not going to be able to drive it properly without winter tyres.

The sparkle has gone out of this for me now.

I honestly think you'd regret going down the BMW route. Yes it makes a nice noise and goes well, but it doesn't really stand out from other BMW's you see all day every day on the roads. Think I've seen an Fk2 2-3 times. I'd wait out. You're not exactly going to have the best driving conditions if it was to be delivered on time ... I remember getting delays when I ordered my facelift EP3. Didn't really matter to me as much as I had an 02 EP3. Get yourself a cheap runabout.

I honestly think you'd regret going down the BMW route. Yes it makes a nice noise and goes well, but it doesn't really stand out from other BMW's you see all day every day on the roads. Think I've seen an Fk2 2-3 times. I'd wait out. You're not exactly going to have the best driving conditions if it was to be delivered on time ... I remember getting delays when I ordered my facelift EP3. Didn't really matter to me as much as I had an 02 EP3. Get yourself a cheap runabout.

I agree with Stu.

If I would of known it would have been 5 months when I ordered the car, I would have kept hold of the FN2 or bought a run about back then.

I'm not going to buy a run about for the next 9 weeks and lose money on it off the back of Honda not being able to get their house in order. The lad at work whose dealer has been up front with him about the CTR delays, has actually had a rental car from Enterprise booked for him paid for by the dealer/Honda to stop him cancelling.

Re: the BMW. It's the Q car vs shouty car argument really. Both have their attractions. The BMW comes with a set of winter wheels and tyres in the deal too though and ironically would arrive at roughly the same time as the CTR now.

I might arrange to drive the CTR again on Sunday and drive them back to back.

Not a bad idea, it will get the Honda dealer twitching a bit & may work in your favour

I dropped him and email this morning about the delays knowing he doesn't work Fridays, so he'll ring or email when he gets in in the morning.

He doesn't know I've spoken to Honda or that I'm driving the BMW on Sunday, but he will. I'm wondering what is going to happen when I tell him about the four week delay that Honda have told me about. If he comes out with it first however, faith will be restored, but I honestly think I've more chance of winning the Lottery tomorrow.

Friends car was delayed and Vertu threw in the carbon interior pack and 5 year servicing, you for info if you're going with the fk2 for your dealer to consider.

I'm not going to buy a run about for the next 9 weeks and lose money on it off the back of Honda not being able to get their house in order.

Unfortunately I'm still 4 weeks or so away from mine, otherwise I'd happily lend you the Ovlov :lol:

Loxy - Don't ever buy an import :lol:

It took a year for the FD. That's from selling the S15 to picking up my FD

That's because you were waiting to find the right one and you're reliant on someone else for that. Once you did and paid the money, it took less than 5 months didn't it?!

I dropped him and email this morning about the delays knowing he doesn't work Fridays, so he'll ring or email when he gets in in the morning.

He doesn't know I've spoken to Honda or that I'm driving the BMW on Sunday, but he will. I'm wondering what is going to happen when I tell him about the four week delay that Honda have told me about. If he comes out with it first however, faith will be restored, but I honestly think I've more chance of winning the Lottery tomorrow.

Hi loxy.

I have gone through similar experiences as you may recall. I honestly believe there is a distinct lack of communication between Honda UK and the dealers. The systems are throwing out generic dates and it wasn't until I forced them to keep ringing Honda I started to get some clearer information.

I think your right to drive the two back to back while you have the chance. I also feel if you stay with Honda, the least they should do is provide you with a car. I got the civic sport showroom car at which point they seemed to push a bit harder to get things moving. I honestly think shouting louder pushed me forward. You should see the email I sent 3 days before receipt of my car.

On the other side of the coin the car is great and I tend to agree with dotty. The BMW just doesn't set itself apart. They are everywhere. I have had my fk2 3 to 4 weeks now and I've only seen one other around over all my driving. Yes the car gets a bit of attention but its all been positive really for me. An amg owner at the petrol station absolutely loved it. I have had compliments from obviously young people but also older people.

Hope you get your situation sorted out.

I would say you are getting the vip treatment from Honda. No customer cars have been delivered at all over here, and I'm at 7 months+ since order now.

But yeah, false info is never a good thing, I agree about that... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back