• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Mugen 200

Hmmm, having a bit of a wobble with the car again.

My main issues I think are that it's very exclusive in theory and I worry about it so much that I almost don't enjoy it. Knowing that the parts on it are pretty much unobtainable is cool, but has its stresses!

Whilst it shouldn't bother me, I do worry about the residuals too, especially with Type R kits even making the aero bumpers now. Unless you really care (and we're a dwindling number) is having genuine parts really going to make you pay £££ more than one that looks the same. It's a real shame that these parts can be duplicated, unlike the Mugen RR which remains exclusive.

Kinda leaning towards an FD2 which I was 50/50 with when buying this one. All the things that put me off (i.e. lack of toys and ride) aren't issues for a weekend car and I think I'd be more comfortable owning one and taking it to the track.

Am I being an idiot?

Yes, MTFU.

Copied parts always have an awful fit. Most of them (including J's stuff) costs just as much in the long run to get them to fit properly as the genuine Mugen stuff. I wouldn't worry.

Never realised they're now copying the aero stuff,
I can see where you're coming from though, parts being discontinued would be a worry also type R kits really have killed mugen for the Fn2.
Would parts for the fd2 be tricky to source as well, be import most of the time (at a guess)
Fk2 calling :lol:

1ooqmm.jpg

It took me 3 months to get a new FD2 rear bumper through the Honda network from Japan. I can only squint at what anything more substantial would take.

Remember the FK2 is a limited run too. Someone had a cracked water pump housing and it took Honda a couple of months to source that, and there are reports of people waiting a couple of months for warranty gearbox fixes. It's not all sweetness and light over in that camp either.

Ha, some very valid points gents. Might pinch the meme Loxy!

FK2 not an option as can't afford it as a weekend only and don't want it as my only car.

FD2 thinking was residuals and yes there's a wait for spares, but at least they exist!

Just be as careful as you can driving/parking etc but put it out of mind and enjoy it. If something is going to happen, it'll happen. You know this from the damage that brought about the whole bumper changing etc anyway.

Enjoy driving it. Park safe. Where you can't, try get it under clear CCTV in the case something does happen. (Again.)

I could have cried when my CW got written off, I remember at the time of the accident I turned around to the driver that was pushed into me & whimpered "It's a limited edition" :lol:

Mine was insurance so had to come from Honda. I know yours wasn't Mark, but even so, seven weeks with a car off the road is long enough.

If it's a second car the delay of parts is not so much of a worry. I required front and rear windscreens at various occasions for my DC5 and had them both within two weeks. I know they're a little different to bumpers, etc.

I'd say go for the FD2! Though I'd also say not to worry about the Mugen FN :)

(Almost) everything I've read online has people running replica parts on FN2 but that they all complain about the fit.

Keep the M200 and modify the engine

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What most have mentioned, just be mindful but try not to worry so much. Imagine how deep my heart sunk when that butt tard drove into the back of me when I had the 70RR fitted. You've just got to get on with it and enjoy the car, otherwise there's no point in owning it.
And what Ed said, go full retard on the engine.

I'd say it's 50% worry about the car and 50% that the fakes will knock value off it, whilst it's just sitting outside my house looking pretty - I'm only going to do 2-3K miles per year.

With so many Jap cars values surging, I wonder if I'm backing the wrong horse...

I'd say it's 50% worry about the car and 50% that the fakes will knock value off it, whilst it's just sitting outside my house looking pretty - I'm only going to do 2-3K miles per year.

With so many Jap cars values surging, I wonder if I'm backing the wrong horse...

Stop being a fairy.

Part value will not change as people will always pay a premium for genuine products.

Also bring it to track days.

Bought some Rays.....

.....valve caps.

Still on the car after two weeks which I'm impressed by. Even lubed them for easy removal.

Ha, I'd actually temporarily forgotten it was on it, but yes it is. As it's free to list and it's for enthusiasts I listed it at an I'd be stupid to say no price, expecting zero interest and I'll just crack on as I am.

I have had zero interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back