• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

I wish I could say the same about EP3's round my way. Seems since I got mine they're f'kin everywhere, just more aware I suppose but even so :(

Plenty of EP3s round southport mate, Tegs and CRXs are rare though. Am looking forward to taking mine through the kingsway tunnel tomorrow to get to moreton, love the noise as i pass through :D

Plenty of EP3s round southport mate, Tegs and CRXs are rare though. Am looking forward to taking mine through the kingsway tunnel tomorrow to get to moreton, love the noise as i pass through :D

Seen a few DC5s around Wallasey. A blue and also a black one too not seen any CRXs though. What takes you to Moreton btw?
Yeah going through the tunnels makes a nice sound. Not had the oppourtunity to tec it though, to scared of getting caught, tunnel police FTL :(

Neither have i, always to much traffic. Gonna see if i can book an apointment to carry on my back tattoo at global tattoo studios on hoylake road, nearly finished now thank god, had about 20hrs on it so far :lol:

Neither have i, always to much traffic. Gonna see if i can book an apointment to carry on my back tattoo at global tattoo studios on hoylake road, nearly finished now thank god, had about 20hrs on it so far :lol:

Yeah tunnel is almost always chocca too :(

Not heard of global tattoos but I'm sure they do good work if your travelling from Ormskirk ;)
Anyhoo must stop raping Rodans thread or we'll get told off by Beard :lol:
Sorry in advance Beardy poos :lol:

lose the tints. the alloys look good keep them and the originals then put the originals on when you sell it and sell the aftermarket ones.

Looks a well loved car Graham, nice find dude :)
Sell the Rotas & see if you can bag some 16" OEM wheels (I think these were options on the JDMs iirc)

lose the tints. the alloys look good keep them and the originals then put the originals on when you sell it and sell the aftermarket ones.

Tints are being removed today. Bagged Emma's hairdryer and brought it in - stick it in the showroom at lunchtime and get them off quicksnap. I've been so embarrassed by them I have driven everywhere with the windows open so far.

Really tempted to put back to OEM - the original alloys that came with it are so mint, all they require is new rubber on 2 of them.

Decided to go back to original ride height too. Too old to be falling into a car that low down.

I concur Beard. The original alloys float my boat much more. Always prefer OEM as far as possible for my own tastes.

The windows..........I can see them from where I'm sitting now and they are an abomination. If I cant get them off easily enough I may just smash all the windows out rather than face the shame.

If the windows have been doen properly Roadi, they might be a bit of a git to remove while on the car.

Not sure how easy it is to take out the door windows, but that might bring better results.

I've seen windows with the glue still on them from removing tints, looks like that froatsed stuff you get in your bathroom windows.

If it looks gash try and get your hands on a replacement set if cheap enough.

If the windows have been doen properly Roadi, they might be a bit of a git to remove while on the car.

Not sure how easy it is to take out the door windows, but that might bring better results.

I've seen windows with the glue still on them from removing tints, looks like that froatsed stuff you get in your bathroom windows.

If it looks gash try and get your hands on a replacement set if cheap enough.

This is what I was thinking.

I am armed with hairdryer and lunchtime, and just about to commence removal. Luckily we have pro valet stuff here at work as we do all our own valeting on the cars anyway, so it should be ok.

I removed tints from that 3rd gen Prelude I had and after a bit of trial and error I seem to remember proper valet window polish got rid of the residue left by the glue. Hard work but it was successful.

Worse case scenario I'll get the guy who does our window tints on customers vehicles to take it off - he has removed dodgy tints before for us but I'd prefer not to have to pay him.

Well that was fun.

Film peeled off very easily, but then you are left with Satan's spunk on the windows to remove. Tried panel wipe, thinners, polish and window polish but no deal.

Eventually razor blade + 2 hours of arm movements did the trick. Driver's side now minty, passenger side not completely finished but good enough for today. May well get some of that Tardis stuff to have a crack at the rest of the windows too.

Some piccies from a better camera, in our glamorous work yard.

100_0548.jpg

100_0551.jpg

100_0552.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0558.jpg

Looks excellent Graham ;)
The wheels do look nice, but the 16" OEM would look better for me.
Another silly, yet inexpensive mod that I think would look good, although I'm not so sure others will approve of is...
Get a spare set of indicator lenses & have them yellow. A bit of an old skool look, but I think they'd look great offset against
the black bumper. And for 5 mins work you can swap them back for MOT time.
Just an idea to put your own stamp on the car & not break the bank.

Back