• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

It's your K20 that's causing your fuel bills, so swapping it into an EG won't save you any money! :lol: That, and it'd hardly be cheap to swap everything over into an even older chassis that'll need even more money to put right than the EP3...

I wont be running the turbo, so my mpg will hopefully rise from the stupidly low average Im getting now. The EG/EK will be another project that will be done over time, like the EP3 has been. Money from the sale of the turbo and parts I break will essentially pay for sorting out the chassis and handling mods on whichever car I buy, with plenty of change, keeping it N/A with my K20 motor going back to stock.

Anyway, its still only in the planning stage at the minute. I might cop out and get a diesel yet.

Hi buddy

This is indeed unfortunate news. Will be sad to see it going. Knowing you I am sure you will be back with another monster project.:)

Well we will see what happens. Got a few ideas in my head.

This is how she currently stands....

2 days to strip out the brakes, exhaust, turbo, intercooler, Manifold and Downpipe, bumpers, skirts, and all the bling parts.

:( Damn shame. Nobody likes to see it like that. But needs must I guess.

Never got that ride in it either :mad: You owe me next time you've got a stupidly powerful car mate haha.

Dude, just read your whole build thread and gutted for you that you are stripping it down. :-(

Fantastic read, thanks for being a mad bugger and doing all the stuff to an EP3 that I would like to do.

So the EP3 is dead, gone but not forgotten, and we start another project. I have been looking for an EK or EG. I gave myself a small budget, and jumped in. In total I went to see 7 cars, the majority were shagged, but I had expected a few dogs as they are getting on now, but realistically I was looking for a rolling shell, so bodywork was the most important factor.

Then yesterday I spotted one on eBay, gave the chap a ring 10 minutes after he had listed it, and got a viewing this morning. So today I dragged my Mum out of bed at 7am and made we made our way down to Middlewich. After getting lost for 10 minutes, we pulled into a small compound and it was tucked away round the back, freshly washed. A 2000 EJ9 in Milano Red, 81k on the clock, 2 lady owners, 3 months MOT and 6 months Tax.

Its an unbelievably clean car. 1.4i Sport, although I think the only thing sporty about it is the badge on the back. Its not quick, but it does sit nicely at motorway speeds without screaming. The interior is clean, and in fantastic condition. The body work is 90%, a small rust bubble on each of the rear arches, but that was something I was expecting anyway, and a couple of very minor dents and a scratch on the rear quarter. But other than that the body is solid. It drives really well, is comfortable although a little too soft for my liking. No smoke, even on start up, and a very clean engine bay.

The only faults I have found so far are, the drivers side window doesnt work, I think its the switch, and the Cassette Player comes on, but has no sound through the speakers. Both hopefully quick fixes.

So I am very happy with it, and it was a bargain at £650, and I do have plans for it.

Kswap is a certainty. Turbo will be staying in the loft though until the 'Canada Fund' reaches the target.

Hey lad. Just read through this thread, couldn't stop reading it. Epic tale of an epic ep3! The stuff dreams are made of! Hope to see this new build in the future! Good luck.

Was gutting I'll admit, but Im saving so much money each month it levels it out.

Although the EJ9 is going soon too, as is her Pug 207.

Back