• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Evo X SST FQ300

THIS! But financially i can't do it. Its all about selling the X and buying a FD2 which i want at the same time. Seems impossibru!
Are they not the same sort of money Mark? Or is it a case of you can't be without a car?

Are they not the same sort of money Mark? Or is it a case of you can't be without a car?

To import one in i'd be looking at £17k, to buy one in the UK with similar miles im looking at £16k.
I reckon my Evo will sell for £14 - 14.5k so i'd be short.
Im still under my loan so i can't really get any more money really and i do need a car to travel to work.

So my options are:-

Shut up and put up with the Evo
Sell it and get an extra loan but be forever in the sh*t with Sam
Or buy something cheap and run it for a bit while i try to save some cash

I thought they were different engines? I know **** all about Evos. Get a VI :lol:

The 9 has the Mivec engine but essentially they're the same

I'm sure 2007 FD2s were moving on FD2-owners for around £14k.

To import one in i'd be looking at £17k, to buy one in the UK with similar miles im looking at £16k.
Im still under my loan so i can't really get any more money really and i do need a car to travel to work.

It's not so bad buddy, you're driving about in a Evo x!

Mark, would it be worth putting some extras on the X? I'm sure swapping out things like the suspension for coilies, exhaust, maybe a remap etc. would bring a new lease of life to the car, and you never know, you may feel completely different about it. I know things like that aren't cheap, but it will probably bring you less grief from Sam when you tell her it's all been a big mistake :lol:

Just because they're advertised at £16k doesn't mean they sell for £16k.
It might be worth advertising for a swap?? You never know?

The X has a whole new engine.

What don't you like about it? I quite like the look of them but I've never driven one.
There's one in a garage that I pass on my way to work and it is quite tempting. I just can't, a) justify or b) be bothered with, the extra monthly outlay.

Des, after speaking to Mark recently, I remember him saying the X felt too "normal" compared to Sams 8. And the 8 gave him the grin factor that the X couldn't.

OMG! How many replies :lol:

I'll try and answer them all.

So basically, are you find the X too lazy?

Yes, its too electronic. You don't drive it, you sit behind the wheel and let it do everything for you. Its a very lazy car.
I stole Sam's 8 today and she drove the X, she said it was good for being stuck in traffic and pootling around town. She finds the 8 hard work sometimes.

Mark, would it be worth putting some extras on the X? I'm sure swapping out things like the suspension for coilies, exhaust, maybe a remap etc. would bring a new lease of life to the car, and you never know, you may feel completely different about it. I know things like that aren't cheap, but it will probably bring you less grief from Sam when you tell her it's all been a big mistake :lol:

I did think about it but to get the X SST remapped you have to go to people who know what they are doing. Which isn't near where i live and reading on MLR the X don't like to be modded. I would have to reforge the internals to do some proper modding. Uber cash.

Why? You asking her to pay the loan? If not do what the fcuk you please if you're paying.
You a man or a minge?!

We share the same bank account, all our money goes into one pot. We split everything down the line and if there are any extras we have to talk things over to make sure we can afford it. Plus there are also 2 kids and a house to sort out first.

Get another DC5. :lol:

After selling my last one and then getting this to go back to another would not go down well :lol:

Just because they're advertised at £16k doesn't mean they sell for £16k.
It might be worth advertising for a swap?? You never know?

I know that mate but mine could go for less as well, plus there is the issue of finding one with low mileage and in a condition i want.

The X has a whole new engi** - He was on about the difference between 8 & 9

What don't you like about it? I quite like the look of them but I've never driven one.
There's one in a garage that I pass on my way to work and it is quite tempting. I just can't, a) justify or b) be bothered with, the extra monthly outlay - Its nothing like the rest of the Evo range, its soft, the steering feels electronic and has no feel to it, the car feels like a german cruiser which is fine but i prefer my track feel in a car

Answered above

Back