• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

So the splitter is sprayed up and back on the car, and im glad, the car looked strange without it. Its not 100% perfect as far as colour goes, but it's close enough for me.
The car is never going to be a show car, i've decided i want it more track and fast road orientated. With this in mind, over the next few months, i'll be getting some bracing on the car, and a good geometry setup done.I'm going for the Ultimate Racing four point upper front strut, and possibly their four point lower aswell. I'll be getting LCA's and a rear tie bar, aswell as rear upper and lower braces. I'm also looking at Aero for the front to increase the front end downforce, Canards and a front splitter are top of the list, matched with a set of side winglets, to all add up to help the keep the front end in place, and add a bit of aggression to the car.
After taking a few good drives out over the last week, i've realised how capable a car i have, and it's made me realise why Dotty has taken his DC5 in the direction he has, a real track based car, that's still able to carry out a daily run if need be.
Anyway, here's a quick photo from a drive i took last night across the top of Exmoor, over to Whistlandpound Reservoir.

DC5 Integra TypeR by www.dpjphotography.co.uk, on Flickr

Hope you like, and please let me know what you think about the future plans, i appreciate any ideas and comments, and advice about my choice of parts. Thanks peeps, Darren ;)

There's no denying it, that's a cracking car, especially in blue.

Will you actually be tracking it or just having the track look?

I like the sound of your plans Darren and I look forward with interest to seeing how you go.

Are you going to go with those front winglets I posted?

Cheers Mart, cheers Ed. mart, hoping to get on track this year for the first time in the Teg. There's a Jap Only day at Castle Combe in August, so I'm going to try and get to that.

Ed, yeah the ones you posted at pretty cool. I have been looking around at options tbh. There's a lot of different materials out there to be used so I'm keeping my eyes peeled until if find the exact ones I want. I'm possibly going to go with a custom made diffuser for the lower part of the bumper. I've worked with Fibreglass before quite a bit, so thinking I may build my own. I may also look at the option of building my own winglets all dependent on price really.

Cheers Youj, hopefully I'll have a few bits done before JAE.

Ed, just been speaking with Lyns and I'm thinking of going down the completely custom route. Fibreglass is light, strong and easy to work with. We've just done a few quick drawings for side winglets and a diffuser/under tray structure. We will build a mould to use first from mdf, then lay the fibreglass on this. The finished item will be about 1/2 inch thick, and we should be able to get some 1/4 inch Ali bars in there for structure and strength.
We'll build the winglets first and shape them, adding in some L shaped brackets, then lay up the fibreglass for the diffuser section and overlay it on to the L brackets to get it as one big piece. Because the lip of the Teg is sort of peaked, I'm going to go with a rounded diffuser that pokes slightly past the lip, probably around 2 inches in front of the peak of the lip. The whole thing will be bolted to the bumper as a single piece using Ali hardware. If it needs any extra strengthening I can use the tie rods that are on race cars from the bumper down to the diffuser.
I know it all sounds a bit Blue Peter, but with enough work and input it should come out pretty good. The diffuser I had on the ST was only fibreglass and that was strong as hell and light.

Sounds very interesting Darren.

Are you considering anything for the Saxo (nudge nudge :lol:)

Cheers man, only thing I'm thinking for the spaxo is driving it into the ground:lol:

It may aswell be Ben:lol: managed my first handbrake turn in it the other night. Felt proud. Lyns was suitably impressed and slightly moist to the touch.

Back