• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

I had an rx8 before I got my type r and to be honest I absolutely loved it, They handle great and sound amazing The only thing is like the others have said is the fuel and the oil the rotary engines go through. I was 70big ones of v power to fill it and only got 220 miles out a tank.

If you do go for a Rx7 (which I totaly love by the way) try and get one with a recently rebuild engine as they are older cars now and the tips of the roters do ware through time and when that happens you will need a rebuild as the compresion in the engine drops, thats what happened to my rx8 but I did get 82000 miles out of it.Get a good one and look after it right and it will be fine;)

Don't come out of a Honda and buy an RX7.

Unless the reason you're coming out of a Honda is because you've won big on the lottery.

As many people as you can find with an RX7 that doesn't cost wallet exploding amounts, there's about 20 that do.

**** that ratio. Especially coming from a car that typically doesn't cost you much and is reliable.

Tears. Lots of tears.

Lol Harv.

Mate has a lush black RX7. Full engine rebuild 5 weeks after buying it. Been on and off the road ever since. Turbo has gone now. Going to break it and sell two years too late.

10347243_10152111595624109_8687349372939810841_n_zps5bbced56.jpg

One of the rare occasions it was working. Borked soon after I believe.

Guy at work runs an RX7 as a daily drive, he works on shops so probably on about 30k a year. Running 400bhp too, never known him not turn up because his car died.

So I was a little way off with 400, but here's his dyno print from 2011, he'd had it at least a year before this and still running it today.

I find the best place for advice on Mazda wankles is on a Type R owners forum where no one has ever owned one :picardfp:

3 of my friends have had RX7s over the years

One grenaded so badly it wasn't worth trying to fix.
The second got sick of the running/fuel costs he started cycling to work instead, and ended up buying an EP3.
The 3rd still has his, but doesn't use it as a daily driver and is a minted IT consultant so can afford to lavish attention and money on it.

Granted, but no one wants Jesus' favourite ailment... people do want RX7s.

Thanks for the spelling correction, that's the only accurate and helpful RX7 information on this entire thread.

Oh yay everyone! Gerbal is back, he always has such important and helpful things to say!! I think Darren will be pleased.

Granted, but no one wants Jesus' favourite ailment... people do want RX7s.

Thanks for the spelling correction, that's the only accurate and helpful RX7 information on this entire thread.

Oh yay everyone! Gerbal is back, he always has such important and helpful things to say!! I think Darren will be pleased.

Doodle though. He has things to say that make sense. And make me appear even more right than I already knew I was.

None of this is said to crush Jenkerses dreams anyway. Just merely offering an insight into the ownership of a vehicle that many many people have also wanted to have over the years and then slapped themselves out of the stupor of initial attraction in order not to go bankrupt and/or cry every single day of their life that they own it.

There are a lucky few who have no issues - that is true. But by jingo it's a gamble and a half to take. And seeing as Jenks is coming from a disgustingly reliable Honda, my point was that the almost inevitable fall-into-life-of-misery partnership that more often than not comes with owning an RX7, would be even more soul crushing than if he was to come from a less reliable marque.

I'M POSTING BECAUSE I CARE.

Back