• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Oil questions and recommendations here

Help oilman

hi , quick question regarding what type off oil would be suitable for all year round driving . ctr ep3, ive heard there may be a discount on offer .

as i didnt have the manual as i said in a seperate thread that was why i was asking ,, i would of read the manual if i,d had it , thanks though lol .

I know this has prob been asked but I have a civic sport and i need to do a oil change on it and i was wondering what oil to use for doing high mileage.

Thanks

hey oilman i dont really understand oil but i like to keep a litre in the boot so when i check my oil monthly i can top it up if need be! the guy i bought it off used to keep ow-40 mobil 1 and gave me half a litre which i used up so need to get some more! is this the correct oil? iv got an 05 plate CTR with 36,000 miles and were can i get the right oil

yes its really good oil its fully synthetic the best stuff.
you can get it from halfords its about 13 or 14 pounds a liter though,
im ready for one two ive done 8 thousand miles and used 2 liters going to be onto number 3 this week.
i used to keep mine in the boot with the spair wheel too, but i think i minght just by the five liter one i use for the service as it will last the year or more and proberley work out cheaper as its about the 45 pound region save money in the long run have a think about it. :)
mines an 02 ctr with 65000 sweet as a nut :)

I dont know of any other company selling Silkolene oils, so there isnt a price to beat for that brand!!

There are a few other peole that do it, but based on the amount we sell, I doubt they'd come close on price. Castrol and Mobil are a whole lot different though.

Thanks for the advice so even if i have used mobil1 before and i go for a different one will this be ok to be used to top up the oil?

Back