• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Steamy windows

ok what about when the windows are steamed up on the outside? this has happend to me twice in cold mornings. couldnt see shizzle out the side windows so i had to open them up just to see out, and i freezed my butt off!!

I assume you get the same problem when it gets frosty :lol:

:lol: this thread has kept me laughing at work all morning, people keep looking at me giggling to myself

keep the windows clean when i first got mine the insides of the windows were dirty from getting rubbed with a cloth when they were misty. I cleaned them with glass cleaner and they dont steam up now

I find that the more you use AC, the more you depend on it.

During all that rain last week, I used AC more than I've ever used it before. I noticed that my usual 300 miles of fuel per tank went down by 40 miles!

I decided to try not to use AC for a while:

There always seems to be some residual moisture (this is what causes the bacteria to grow, and you get the smell) left in the ventilation system when you've used AC (whatever the car)...and the next time you switch the blowers on, you get the misting. Turning on the AC clears it obviously.

Only by using the fans with no AC for at least 15 mins on a fair bit of heat would dry off the vent' system.

Then use the fans without AC and they clear up the glass no problem. Opening the windows a bit helps to get rid of moist air too.

I havent used AC all week...and I've not had any misting problems :)

This is one of those arguments that'll go round in circles for ever. People with it will say it's awesome people without it will say you don't need it.

I had an Astra with AC before my EP3, my EP3 didn't have it and I regretted it for 3 years, I'm now on my second car with it since my EP3 and i'll never have another car without it.

My windows steam up really easily too and it bugs the hell out of me. I'm gonna give them a really good clean, but is there anything you shouldn't use on tinted windows? Not sure if those products will do anything to the tints?

Well i just fitted new tinted windows from a premier and they haven't steamed up once so i'm putting the clouded windows down to either seals on their way out or dirty windows.....pretty sure a damp cloth will clean up the inside of your windows then just use an anti mist cloth after....

For me - no idea, I've only had the car a month.
Is it easy to check - i.e. will they be discoloured or anything?

this-will-not-end-well-cat.jpg

Back