• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

Yeah, I have thought about wrapping it or coating it, but I read somewhere that coating it can sometimes damage the mani, so I may just wrap it..

Really? Paul @ TDi should be able to help with an enquiry mate, they ceramic coated a mani on one of there cars & seen LOTS of Foci RSs with ceramic coats & no ill affects. Wrapping is good, but looks GASH & have heard horror stories of oil getting on the wrap & fueling fires :eek: although I'm sure the stories are more urban myths than truths.

Im not a big fan of the ceramic coating. From my own personal experiences with its not as good as wrapping. As Suits said the Ricks header comes with OEM heatshield mounts, so that will be plenty to keep the temps at bay.
Lee you can get a Kpro, i had one for a short time but they are a major pain in the ass to fit as it means changing numerous sensors, internal sensor wheels,new cam cover ect. They now do the reflash on 06+ DBW cars which is a pretty good system but lacks boost by gear and other features.

Suits, i'll fire you a PM regarding mapping mate :cool:

Looks lovely, fair play, how much extra power does it have over the UKDM?

On a Standard OEM it gave increases all over the range, peak was about 6/7bhp at 6500rpm, torque was about 9lb/ft. These are great figures for a manifold on a OEM map.

I have a JDM though so it may react differently to the USDM cars it was tested on.

I will be having a ECU mapped to it though and am quite looking forward to what it does on the dyno.

Sorry mate, I meant how much extra power does the JDM have over the UKDM version?

Another treasure arrived today.

AEM 1052 ECU.

This will allow MASE to work his magic :twisted: .

Om nom nom.

AEM1.jpg

AEM.jpg

lol car not for sale then? mase FTW

Yeah, keeping it for now, maybe for a while, I don't know :lol: .

Most of the people that viewed the car used to have a S2000 before and wanted another again, I didnt want to get rid of a good one and want another in the future.

You wuld be gutted if you sold it, especially for a poxy house.

I just FB mase to see when he's over :lol:

Probably the best standalone for the s2k imo.

Phil said Mase might be over before Rockingham :cool:

Very nice mate. Will look forward to seeing this when its finished.

Just don't leave a very heavy EP3 behind on the way to JAE!!!

not really too up on S2Ks or the AEM, what do you mean works properly on them? excuse my noobism!! lol

From memory getting Hondata to work on the S2k was a ball ache, and the AEM is a plug and play unit so should work out of the box. Plus the AEM is a more advanced unit than anything Hondata makes, but for most people that's more of a secondary thing unless you're running retarded engines like Phil and J :lol:

Back