• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tighten EP3 Handbrake

Funky

Events Organiser
IMG_1682.jpg

Undo this screw, there is one on the other side as well

IMG_1683.jpg

The rear portion of the centre console should now lift upwards.

IMG_1687.jpg

Tighten this nut to adjust the handbrake

Nice one mate, i'll be doing this the weekend as mine is slacker than a hookers minge:lol:

Did mine today thanks to the diagram and it feels way better and such and easy job :)

Also thing to remember is jack the rear end up and spin both wheels to make sure once adjusted the rear wheels are not tight to spin.

wow, that simple?
i was on a hill start and i was using the handbrake and foot brake. i was ready to pull the thing right round to get it to stop the car

Guys, I'm glad you are all finding the guide useful, now how about clicking that thanks button ;)

didnt realise it would be that easy..
thanks mate saved me some cheese as my handbreak was mentioned to be abit flimsey at me m.o.t last week
and was going to take it to the garage.. not anymore!!

sorry to bring up an old old old thread, but is there a torque this is done upto or just till the handbrake works fine?? Remember on my feista it was a torque. Didnt know if its different on EP3's

Cheers in advance

sorry to bring up an old old old thread, but is there a torque this is done upto or just till the handbrake works fine?? Remember on my feista it was a torque. Didnt know if its different on EP3's

Cheers in advance

Just do this
Also thing to remember is jack the rear end up and spin both wheels to make sure once adjusted the rear wheels are not tight to spin.

Honda say

Jack up the back end
Lift the handbrake 1 click and tighten until you start to feel some resistance on the wheels
Take the handbrake off and check the wheels spin freely (if youve got resistance back it off a touch)

Then you're done

Last edited by a moderator:
Back