• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

TypeRiter's DC5

I could do with the money M1ke - the car is expensive to run as it is when I factor in the fact that I save half of my wage. On top of the running, I can't keep lashing what I do on parts every month, and still maintain commitments and have some sort of social life. Cars have been my life for the last 3/4 years. I mean literally... I've not done anything but plough money into cars. I want to be free of that - and now seems like no better time given the impending arrival. I might pick up a runaround and tidy it up to keep me in the fold.

Would you consider going back to an FN2? They are relatively good for families and must be cheaper to run then a DC5 even with more or less the same engine?

Pretty gutted TBH Sun, but like Mike says, family comes first. Though i will say this goes to prove nothing good ever comes of having kids:lol::lol:

I could do with the money M1ke - the car is expensive to run as it is when I factor in the fact that I save half of my wage. On top of the running, I can't keep lashing what I do on parts every month, and still maintain commitments and have some sort of social life. Cars have been my life for the last 3/4 years. I mean literally... I've not done anything but plough money into cars. I want to be free of that - and now seems like no better time given the impending arrival. I might pick up a runaround and tidy it up to keep me in the fold.

Fair play mate, needs must etc. Try get your old EP3 back! :lol:

Well in principle, I have a few things sold. They will only be sold once I know for sure that the DC5 is going... no chance I'd split if I'm keeping it. Took forever to get some of the stuff.

M1ke, yeah needs must though - if it comes to it, it's more practicality than it is financial, but I'd welcome the massive savings I'd stand to make from not owning it. Mods, maintenance and running..

Ed, a family wagon would be on the cards, as it'd probably replace our Almera/Teg and then I might pick up a runaround if it makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, congrats on the news of another turdy on the way :D

Second of all, it's a shame you might be getting rid, I liked what you were doing with the car, but needs must at the end of the day and I wish you and your newly expanding family well whatever you choose to do :D

:D

fe1148dc.jpg

So, yeah I've decided... this is going back to stock to start with and will then see where I go on from there.

Please only inquire about parts, if you have the money ready to go... it's strictly on a first come first serve basis (with money), because I'm already losing track of who wants what.. money gets the parts - that's not to come across funny or anything... money: It's what I'm selling for after all :D

Thanks for your understanding.

Back