• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

When this car drives past you - you feel your drums piercing srs. :lol:

I remember on the way to JAE last year, I moved from the middle lane, into the lane closest to the hard-shoulder, when Karl drove past me in the inner-most overtaking lane (the "fast lane" as they call it). So loud.

The guy in the Audi at the lights was the funniest, he looked a mix of bemused and shell shocked:lol:

Right, well seems alot has been going on over the past few days! :lol:

In regards to my car, it currently won't engage vtec even though the engine oil is just below maximum; most think it's a sensor issue, I'm taking it to Eurospec on Saturday to get it seen to. It wouldn't be anything to do with European fuel, as the warning light came on on the train heading IN to Europe but nothing seemed wrong so carried on as normal.

My CV dust boot has also ruptured/ come loose again so I've got oil all over my wheel again. My front tyres are also pretty much bald on the inner edge due to the camber, so unavoidable but still annoying seeing as other bits need paying for. Oh, and my front passenger side Advan was kerbed on the train going in to France somehow. :freak: Pist.

This, coupled with road tax for the car and van needing to be paid for, it really made for a sh*tty day - hence the FB thing..

In regards to my exhaust, I knew that it would have never been most people's cup of tea, but I purchased it for me and the lolz really. As I mentioned to some on the trip, when I placed the order I never intended to take my car on track, but now I want to and am gutted that my exhaust means I can't do that, even at the 'Ring it seems. I will attempt to get a triple silenced, smaller bored, custom exhaust made up ready for next year's trip :lol:

Haters gonna... But even the haters can lol at it, which makes me smile anyway. :)

Lap wise at the 'Ring; I completed 4 on the Sunday, then was told I couldn't do any more, thinking because it was a Sunday (day of rest etc). But then got pulled for a sound test on my first lap on Tuesday (5th lap) before heading out but the tester wasn't around so they let me go. Came up to me as soon as I got back and told me I was too loud. Seems a 70RR fully heated can record over 120dB at 3k rpm!!! But hey ho, it's all fun and games.

For those that were on the trip... Black Skoda driver anyone?! ;) :lol:

Hehe nice one man.

You really want to get in spa next year. I love the ring but I think I prefer spa :)

Hopefully your VTEC engagement problem will be relatively cheap mate.

Did anybody grab a good quality video of the car in motion with that exhaust ?

By the "sounds" of it - it sounds epic.

Kerbed the Advan... no way............................... :(

Sh!t man.. rough couple of days.. Fcking cars, ey? I hope you get it all sorted man

Whatever it be man, I hope it's not too serious or expensive... I hope the answer to the 2+2 question I have formulated in my mind, isn't what I think it is.

Keep me posted. Good Luck. :D

God damn that thing is loud! Lovely car mate great spec & figures

My exhaust system seems sensible in comparison which is kind of reassuring, you’re car does sound immense though

Well, not so much an update but a video catalogue of my trip to the Nurburgring (wanted them all in one place for ease of access more than anything).

First video was filmed by Scott (SicklyPilot) and was my virgin lap (so don't expect anything spectacular :lol: )

[video=youtube;RY94VLmmi14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY94VLmmi14&context=C4c0bbc8ADvjVQa1PpcFOT H3SE20zh3iHzSW-b1EYRS3En1kVQWKg=[/video]

After this I did two more laps before lunch, then another lap after a coffee (4 in total). I was then found in the car park and told that I failed a drive by decibel test and couldn't go back out (potentially 140dB plus!!!). But I had completed my 4 laps so wasn't that fussed about not being allowed out. (Thought it was more to do with it being a Sunday; day of rest etc).

I then followed the rest of the TRO crew to Spa, where I knew I wasn't driving, but got dB tested anyway for the hell of it.

**video to follow as can't remember who hosted it**

Then on the way back from Spa, whilst a passenger in Chris' car (MilanoChris), Scott filmed this... :lol:

[video=youtube;sL9DFeyc6vY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9DFeyc6vY[/video]

Later that evening, prior to a group BBQ, it was mentioned that I should drive a little country road in the far off distance to see if the car could be heard from the houses where we were staying. It could. I'm in the trees on top of the hill in the distance in the centre of the video.

[video=youtube;mn1uRTId_]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn1uRTId_**&feature=relmfu[/video]

The following day I decided to have another go at the 'Ring but thought my attempt was going to be cut short when a marshall told me to pull over after the entrance gate to be tested. A few minutes passed and the tester couldn't be found so I was told I could go. To see the tester chasing my car down in my rear view mirror! I pretended not to see him and carried on. Scott, provided the camera work again. (Filmed on my camera so available in 1080p!).

[video=youtube;82Otbtc4kOg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82Otbtc4kOg[/video]

In hindsight I should have cleaned the windscreen! :lol:

Then, as soon as I came in to the car park, I was approached by two marshalls, and banned for the second time in three days. D'oh.

[video=youtube;mC7GWxhF2-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mC7GWxhF2-8[/video]

Seems a hot 70RR can achieve 120dB at 3k rpm! :shock:

So all in all a great trip, and very much looking forward to next year! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back