• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Courier dropped off a lovely present this morning! :D

DSC00941.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00943.jpg

Now just to get them fitted! :twisted:

I really, really like this :D About a year ago, when I was planning on getting an EP3, this was basically the look I was planning on going for, Cosmic with purple :)

Nice dampers. Did you get "the" hook up ;) ?

What sort of set-up you going for?

If it's anything like how mine was when I first got mine set-up from Artech they'll be amazing - it was about -40mm to -50mm all round (the height it was at Wembley) - geo was about -2.5 Front, -2.0 Rear can't remember the toe settings but can pull 'em out for you when I get in.

I really, really like this :D About a year ago, when I was planning on getting an EP3, this was basically the look I was planning on going for, Cosmic with purple :)

Thanks Sickly. It seems that I wasn't the only one with this thought pattern, as you're the third to admit they had similar plans. And there's me thinking I was special :( :lol:

Nice dampers. Did you get "the" hook up ;) ?

What sort of set-up you going for?

If it's anything like how mine was when I first got mine set-up from Artech they'll be amazing - it was about -40mm to -50mm all round (the height it was at Wembley) - geo was about -2.5 Front, -2.0 Rear can't remember the toe settings but can pull 'em out for you when I get in.

Hello mate, I did text you, but you must have a new number.

But yes, the "hook up" was definately utilised ;) :smt023 So big thanks for that.

Set up wise, I am unsure. But it'll basically be more aggressive than what I currently have, as Romain mentioned that my LSD now "outweighs" the geo, so need to go more aggressive to make the most from the diff :twisted:

amazing you rich lucky bastid :D

Cheers Joe :) But rest assured, I'm not rich, I just don't go out much :lol:

Great choice mate. Looking forward to seeing it slammed. And exhaust'ed one day :lol:

Thanks mate, I did have my heart set on Nitrons but the asking price was just too high. That being said, I very much doubt that I'll be disappointed with these :D Really looking forward to fitment. Not sure if I'll "slam" it. Not as far as Sunny anyway hehe. Am thinking 25mm at the front, and probably 35mm at the rear to try and level it out as there's no weight in the back now :) Will see what Romain suggests too.

And yes, getting exhaust'ed would be lovely :p :lol:

Hello mate, I did text you, but you must have a new number.

But yes, the "hook up" was definately utilised ;) :smt023 So big thanks for that.

Set up wise, I am unsure. But it'll basically be more aggressive than what I currently have, as Romain mentioned that my LSD now "outweighs" the geo, so need to go more aggressive to make the most from the diff :twisted:

You're welcome mate. It's an awesome hook-up.

Yeah I've got a new number - I don't have yours either actually. Drop us a PM with it :)

Will be interesting to see your set up. Go 40mm all round - it'll be magnificent, and handle amazingly especially with the slip diff.

I should have let you take mine for a Spin at Wembley - it was a good set-up.

Yeah that would have been good, but I was happy enough just listening to the Arc whizz past me :twisted:

Thinking 40mm at the front might be too much, just that one of the routes home (that leads to the best twisties home) has speed bumps through a village, and my chassis brace can catch already with a 25mm drop. Only way to avoid this is to drive in the middle of the road, but it can get quite busy. Might get tempted once I get them fitted though :lol:

PM sent Re: mobile :)

Fair enough - but I don't think you'll scrape at -40mm, not if you have the damping force set accordingly - when you lower a car that much it's best to stiffen the damper, and in doing so you won't compress as easily over bumps as you currently do with springs on OEM (soft) dampers.

I'm not talking about maxing the stiffest damper setting - as they're reasonably hard even on the softer settings. I'd go just over mid-way - that should be firm enough to improve handling, and save scraping. IMO.

I'm on dampening force 13 out of 16, and am -60 to -70 at the front, and -50mm at the back (soon to be level-ish when I can be asked) - And it's all good.

Do what's best for you though boss.

Edit: It's all about the ARC.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good point regarding the extra stiffness not compressing the front end as much. I may very well go lower than originally contemplated then :p

Obviously, you know what's best for you - but you have to remember that on whatever setting you have the damper on, they will almost certainly be harder than the Tein's (or any spring for that matter), as the OEM damper is soft in comparison. So height, unless you're properly maxed out, doesn't pose the same issues as it does when OEM componenets are in the picture - especially if you're going down conservatively (-25mm to -45mm IMO).

Again though, get the height/geo/set-up suited to your car, your mods - and what you intend for it. That said, I will get my geo set-up and track mine at the height it's at once I'm happy with it. Hope to start putting in track time this summer - as I'm basically almost where I want to be with mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
The car looked great when I saw it. Are you coming to JAE this year?

The car really does look great. Put mine to shame parked up next to you at Wembley.

Back