• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Karl, you never seem to have the best of luck. re the advisories last time, job trouble etc.

Good luck though dude, hope it's easily sorted.

Cheers guys :) and yeah Martin, my luck sucks donkey schlong at the best of times :lol: But I do have some luck from time to time, but usually in strange roundabout ways. Such as the following..

Right, the good luck aspect of all this is that it wasn't my coilovers that had started leaking, so that's good in my eyes :)

What seems to have been the case is, the monkeys at "Bagshot Tyre & Exhaust" who conducted all the alignment knocked my CV boot off of the driveshaft, which explains the random fluid all over the place. Didn't even think to tell me, just left it. And the cause of the cronic understeer was due to them NOT TIGHTENING THE SODDING CAMBER AND SWINGARM BOLTS!! on the drivers side.! So when I cornered, it just collapsed inward, giving me the experience of being on ice. Effing knuckle draggers!

When I get a chance tomorrow, I'll post pictures of the camber before and after etc. But thankfully a classic car restoration place in the same estate as Eurospec have just had a new £20grand alignment machine installed, so they kindly sorted it out FOC for me. So hats off to them :) The place in Bagshot can truely FOAD. With a passion.

Still took it easy on the way home again today, as you always get that fear that it may happen again, but everything seemed ok, and I'll slowly get my confidence back then report on the coilovers properly :smt023

Shoddy workmanship FTL

At least it's nothing expensive to be fixed

Indeed. And nope, apart from the cost of petrol to get there again today, everything was done FOC today :)

All good in the end then. Did you give them an earful?

Ball joints okay?

I didn't, but Ben at Eurospec did; and yes, ball joints, roll centre adjusters, etc all ok :)

Should have got the alignment done at TGM..

Do they have there own machine then? Didn't realise that they did.

Good ending :) .

Yup. Considering the possible outcome and potential costs etc, I'm happy with how it turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very good news Karlitos.

Pics when you get a chance man.

I weren't convinced about that tyre place TBH.

I refitted my coilovers again and managed to squeeze a hell of a lot more camber out of the fronts than they suggested wasn't even possible - very wrong my wheels are probably -3 plus degrees now, when they suggested that -1.5 was the maximum.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice choice of damper :cool:

car looks minty:)

Cheers N&N. I'm the guy that asked you about the coilover condom on "the other side" :lol:

Oh, and I'm likely to use your rear boarding for inspiration :smt023 Just so you know :p

That's very good news Karlitos.

Pics when you get a chance man.

I weren't convinced about that tyre place TBH.

I refitted my coilovers again and managed to squeeze a hell of a lot more camber out of the fronts than they suggested wasn't even possible - very wrong my wheels are probably -3 plus degrees now, when they suggested that -1.5 was the maximum.

No I wasn't at all convinced by them when I turned up, but seeing as Ben said that they weren't bad I thought I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. How wrong was I?! But apparently it was due to "the right guy not being there" etc etc. Avoiding without a doubt. They gave me the same dross about camber too.

Speaking of camber, after mine had collapsed, my drivers side was -3.5 and it looked completely insane! Opted for -2.25 once everything was sorted today though.

Pics imminent once washed. :smt023

Look forward to them (pics).

I'll MMS you a pic of mine, when I'm next doing something with it - though it's embarrassing; the crazy camber and wide fenders make for very, very tucked wheels LOL.

Cheers guys :) and yeah Martin, my luck sucks donkey schlong at the best of times :lol: But I do have some luck from time to time, but usually in strange roundabout ways. Such as the following..

Right, the good luck aspect of all this is that it wasn't my coilovers that had started leaking, so that's good in my eyes :)

What seems to have been the case is, the monkeys at "Bagshot Tyre & Exhaust" who conducted all the alignment knocked my CV boot off of the driveshaft, which explains the random fluid all over the place. Didn't even think to tell me, just left it. And the cause of the cronic understeer was due to them NOT TIGHTENING THE SODDING CAMBER AND SWINGARM BOLTS!! on the drivers side.! So when I cornered, it just collapsed inward, giving me the experience of being on ice. Effing knuckle draggers!

When I get a chance tomorrow, I'll post pictures of the camber before and after etc. But thankfully a classic car restoration place in the same estate as Eurospec have just had a new £20grand alignment machine installed, so they kindly sorted it out FOC for me. So hats off to them :) The place in Bagshot can truely FOAD. With a passion.

Still took it easy on the way home again today, as you always get that fear that it may happen again, but everything seemed ok, and I'll slowly get my confidence back then report on the coilovers properly :smt023

That is a joke!! Have you spoken with them? Compensation is required for that mate!

Yeah have just spoken with them, didn't get angry and start demanding compensation or anything, just politely mentioned that I wasn't happy, it could have been dangerous, and I just wanted my money back. Which they refunded. So I'm happy enough with that, probably shouldn't be, but I'm more happy with the fact nothing serious happened.

Camber measurements to follow.

Right, here we go. This picture shows the alignment after having the coilovers fitted and what "those whom I no longer speak of" supposedly set it all to:

DSC_0004.jpg

Yet after the drive home and subsiquent collapse, this is what I ended up with! :shock:

DSC_0006.jpg

Then after taking it back, and having the classic car place sort it out, this is what I now have (bottom of two diagrams). With all bolts nice and secure :lol:

DSC_0005.jpg

And this is just of something that cheered me up a little, very tasty indeed. Especially the Gram Light titanium lipped chrome 57S's :p om nom nom...

DSC_0003.jpg

Back