• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hondata Airbox Mod Done.... Some Pics

I was supposed to be doing my sparks today but I got carried away doing the Hondata Airbox Mod on my Prem.

I would not do this again without a Dremel [mine broke a while ago].
So I used a Hacksaw, Jr Hacksaw, Coping Saw, File, and Side Snips. It took over an hour of sawing and swearing!
Its all done now, but I havent popped it back into the CTR yet because I am going out for the day

I am going to do the sparks tomorrow and pop the Box back in. I will report on results.

Following this little mod I am doing to get a 90mm+ heatproof CAF to improve flow.

Before:

P1020397.jpg

After:

P1020458.jpg

P1020459.jpg

P1020460.jpg

CAF

P1020489.jpg

P1020490.jpg

P1020491.jpg

P1020492.jpg

P1020493.jpg

P1020494.jpg

P1020496.jpg

P1020497.jpg

P1020501.jpg

P1020503.jpg

P1020504.jpg

P1020506.jpg

P1020507.jpg

P1020509.jpg

P1020510.jpg

P1020512.jpg

P1020514.jpg

P1020515.jpg

P1020516.jpg

P1020517.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jermal - Its sitting on my kitchen worksurface at the moment. I will fit it tomorrow when I get a chance [after fitting the new sparks].

I will take it for a little blat and see how it fares.

TBH I am not expecting too much.

I did the same thing on my VX220 and took it on the RR at TMS [completely std] and it returned me manufacturers BHP. However all other std VX's on the same day were reaching around 135BHP, so maybe it it did something.

Here is the VX Mod:

AirboxMod1.jpg

AirboxMod2.jpg

AirboxMod3.jpg

This is the TMS Result:

RR-TMSday.jpg

This is a RR Result following an ITG enclosed box:

RR-BlanchieITG2.jpg

I finally got the kit installed and tested out.

Noise - when revved statically the typical 'induction suck' noise is now evident, It wasnt before. When driven on full acceleration there is now more induction noise coming from the engine bay which is almost as audible as the engine but not quite. It is however louder than before.

Performance. I only went for a 10 mile test route around my local B roads so probably not enough time for the ECU to tweek its settings. However there was a definate difference. Throttle response was slighly better, it also revved through the range more freely. There was a definate stronger pull in VTEC.

I highly recommend this little modification.

I am now sourcing an oversized intake which I will fit from above the Radiator straight through to the Airbox,

IMG_0532.jpg

I haven't ever heard of this mod before. How does the car benefit from this exactly? Does it makes things a little less restrictive?

^^It lets the air flow more freely around the filter, and i think because there is more room, it keeps the temps down, thus making it more dense and so giving a bit more power. With an air feed, you should get more air in their, so working even better. It's worth a go as lots of people have tried it, bonus is, it is free, you just need time and patience ;)

^^It lets the air flow more freely around the filter, and i think because there is more room, it keeps the temps down, thus making it more dense and so giving a bit more power. With an air feed, you should get more air in their, so working even better. It's worth a go as lots of people have tried it, bonus is, it is free, you just need time and patience ;)

Nice one cheers, is there anyway to upgrade the cone filter that sits in the air box? As I assume the paper one isn't up to much

The OEM one is very good in my opinion.

However, there are a few aftermarket filters including K&N and ITG available for the EP3.

I just need to wait for the oversized CAF to arrive and test it.

The OEM one is very good in my opinion.

However, there are a few aftermarket filters including K&N and ITG available for the EP3.

I just need to wait for the oversized CAF to arrive and test it.

where you getting the CAF from chris, interested in this myself until I get the greys for GruppeM

You could go for the Spoon one but the price is a bit steep. It is a foam version basically. I think K&N might do a replacement aswell.

I would personally go for the foam ITG replacement, but I think the OEM [if new] is fine but half the cost. I think it would be cheaper to buy a performance aftermarket filter because it would not need replacing unlike the OEM.

I would personally go for the foam ITG replacement, but I think the OEM [if new] is fine but half the cost. I think it would be cheaper to buy a performance aftermarket filter because it would not need replacing unlike the OEM.

How much was the standard one out of interest?

Back