• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
TarmacNymph
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I work in the office, so I dont kill anything lol but we deal with any pests so shooting with air rifles, rifles and shotguns is part of the business. I also look after our ferrets in the store area joined to the building. Brilliant animals, I didnt like them until I started looking after them and they are so funny
    Yeah that's true, although there is allways the chance of some numpty hitting you as you will be going quicker than normal but everyone will be doing it. You never know until you tried it lol I wouldnt mind coming to watch if you do decide to go ahead with one. I half contemplated buying an older Civic and doing track days with my mate, watched TopGear with the 24hour race and the whole thing about them looks really enjoyable.

Nah pished me right off, makes me a bit nervous taking it anywhere tbh. I used that tyre repair stuff because I want 4 new tyres so Im trying to wear them all down and have rotated them. I know it's not the most sensible thing to do but I'm not going far and I barely get fast enough during the week to make it life threatening.
    There is always the niggle of "what if...?" but then you can also think that you are less likely to crash pushing hard on a track as apposed to on a b-road as you have more room too run off into if you do get it wrong. But granted you hit tyre walls. I guess it's hit and miss, but I don't think you're any more likely to get it wrong on a track than normal road. Price wise I have no idea, insurance companies don't cover you (unless you get special cover, but then I probably won't bother as wouldn't want to affect my no claims), getting on the track I have no idea of cost either as haven't really looked into it but I like the idea :)

Gutted to hear you had a flat tyre mate, not the kind of thing you want to wake up to in the morning :( Get it sorted though?

And pest control? Does that mean you get to shoot stuff? :D Or is it mainly traps and chemicals?
    I work in pest control, and people are now starting to be more reluctant to call us out when they have problems which is a bit dodgy lol. As soon as we tell them it's chargeable they dont want to know, or they tell me they are on benefits blah blah lol.

Oh that must be bad seeing that alot of stuff is priced up for half that amount, say a decent TV or sound system.

It's quite expensive to get on track isnt it? Like insurances, tyres that you will be munching through, possible crashes. Doesnt seem too appealing to me when the chances of smashing it up comes into play lol
    Paper cone filter? Guess I should have checked before I opened my mouth lmao! I'd expect mine to be the same as yours, it was just an assumption hehe Yet I still think that the Mugen isn't that good due to it being a foam filter lying flat.

And quiet my end you say?! Well let's just say that yesterday was the first day we took over a grand in almost a month! :? I'm not too worried though as luckily I work in a small shop with 4 members of staff which actually needs all four of us (to cover days off and holidays etc), but it definately does suck. What is it you do mate?

And yes, track day tyres for summer driving ;) I *may* do a track day at some point, but it's all down to money that I don't have lol
    It's actually quite depressing how much pre-facelifts are going for atm, considering I paid just under 6500 for mine.
    Is work crap your end then? It's very slow my end, starting to get worryingly low and we arent invoicing enough to cover our outgoings.

The filter in mine is a paper cone filter, really long and it sits upright. Is your different to mine? I'm thinking of doing to Hondata air box mod when I can be bothered lol.

Track tyres on standard rims just for summer blasts you say, now I dont believe you lol. Im certain your car will touch a track day lol
    Oh easily! If I had saved the money I've spent on this one I definately could have bought a second one, hell, I theoretically could have bought an early pre-facelift for how I spent on the system let alone the rest of it.. Now I'm not sure whether that is depressing or not :? haha But yes, I was bored enough to edit my page wasn't I? So suppose I will eventually figure out how much I've spent, might as well crack on as I'm stupendously bored today lmfao!

Yeh I've heard that the Mugen one isn't that great, but then I can only assume it's due to it being a foam panel filter intake (same as OEM) as apposed to being a proper cone filter (which has a greater surface area and therefore more air gets through). That's my 2p anyway.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm usually taking pictures in sh*te car parks too, I just had a lucky few shots taken in Stuttgart as it was part of my Europe driving holiday last year :p
    Well you were bored enough to edit the first page of your thread lol. I think the amount you have spent you could have bought a second EP3 lol.

Show off lol, I'm used to the crappy BlueWater carpark, with the odd bit of rubbish and random puddles here and there. With some gypo in the background.

People will make excuses because they have probably bought the rival kit. Although I have read that the Mugen intakes are crap and not much better than standard and they cost quite a bit, so be good to see the results. Even if it isnt that good, you get a fair bit of respect for fitting it.
    No idea how much it's set me back, I'm sure I can tally it up but I'm scared to :? lol Although I may be bored enough to do it at some point haha

Yeh that car park was so unreally clean it was scary! But then it was the car park for the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart so I wouldn't expect anything less lol and yeh, the white makes the car look lighter and the heels darker, quite nice in a way, if a little odd.

In terms of the dyno thing, yeh it wouldn't suprise me if people came up with multiple excuses as to why the run isn't legitimate, but I may just do it anyway and people can make of it what they wish :)
    Just had a look now and my gosh you have alot of stuff for that car, how much has it all totalled now then? Those pics inside that car park with the numbers on the floor look pretty cool, shiney floor FTW lol. Makes the cars colour look different too.

Haha yeah that sounds a right PITA job to do, sunny day job that sounds like. Yeah I wouldn't bother taking a day off any time soon to fit it as you will want to do a few nice shots of the lot fitted.

You know that as soon as you get in dyno'd people will start saying that we can't use those figures unless it was on one dyno, with one car running both air intakes on a completely standard engine blah blah lol. Either way, the ARC kit showed to be almost as good as the GM so be interesting to see how this bad boy fairs.
    Ah that's cool mate, I'm sure I can let you off! haha

Yeh the hoses are the ones that are pinned underneath the bonnet and then disappear into the drivers front arch (which is a pain as I have to take the wheel off to fit a sodding hose! lol)
    And yup the slam panel replaces the OEM one :) Isn't exactly rocket science to fit but umongst other things I've just been to lazy to fit everything :? Am contemplating taken a few days off as hol to get it all done but it's a question of when? As I can see me taking the time off and then not doing anything as it'll be raining..

In terms of dyno'ing, I think I probably will as people always ask whether the J's compares to the GM so getting a legitimate map done will finally give people an answer :) But we'll see

Oh yeh, have you seen my revamp one the first page of my build up thread? Was bored at work yesterday and decided to list everything and add new pics, didn't realise I had so much til I saw it written down :? No wonder I'm poor haha
    Sorry man, didnt know you had wrote back.
    Bet you cant wait to fit the intake, it's a very nice bit of kit none the less. Will you be having the car dyno'd aswell?

Where do the washer hoses go, the ones that attach to the underside of the bonnet?
    Does the slam panel replace the OEM or is it a cover?
    Ah not too much of a shame, as Sumo (even though they took fecking forever to get it to me!) did do me a deal with my other bits so got the intake for around £800 I think when at the time due to the Yen it should have been about £1150. But yeh, typical that one has come up for sale around the time that I'll be fitting mine :? D'oh! Oh well, live and learn lol

Erm, what else have I got? *ponders*
    J's intake
    Purple SFS induction hose
    Purple washer hoses
    Jazz washer jets
    Carbon slam panel
    Skunk2 weighted gear knob
    J's floor brace
    J's c-pillar brace
    JMR battery tie and rear tow bar
    Lots of stickers lol

Think that's everything, well, from what I can remember at work anyway hehe
    I'm not too sure what my worst is, mainly because I have to reset my mileage and I go by when the fuel light comes on and 9 times out of 10 I forget to check how far it's gone lol.

So what else have you got lying around that you will be fitting? Shame you bought it for loads as Murph is selling his J's racing intake.

Haha a tad too excited, well when you fit your exhaust it will be fast beats all the time just to hear it pish people off, or scare some grannys lol.
    Oh dear, yeah just listen to that sort of thing standing still. My new favourite atm is No Easy Way Out from Rocky IV, just makes me want to go work out haha
    26mpg is pretty good TBF, I don't know what my average is but I do know that my "worst", ie, most fun, was just over 13mpg! :twisted:

You swear correctly in regards to the intake my friend, yet that, amongst other things, are still in my bedroom awaiting me to fit once it gets back from ARTech. I just gave them the bits I wasn't confident in doing myself :)

And I'm the same, fast paced stuff when I want a blast but I'm not allowed to listen to anything with too high a BPM as I get a tad too excited! haha To the extent that both of the write-offs I've had have been whilst listening to Scott Brown's hardcore cd's :? 200+ BPM FTW lmao
    Yeah I got a drivers card, I have now moved up to the Vpower card. Took a couple months of solid exclusivity of using their fuel only but I got there in the end haha. :lol: well if you drive sensibly you can make it last a bit longer, although I very rarely get over 230miles per tank of fuel. My best average is 26mpg, dont know if that is good or not.

I listen to everything too, I used to love DnB but grew out of quickly. Just like So Solid Crew, listened to Oxide and Nutrino album other day and had to turn it off lol.
    Although I rather listen to, well normal music like radio day to day. In a bad mood = heavy metal, up for a blast about = something fast paced.

Saw pics, looks awesome. Although I swear you bought a J's air intake? That's ok though, atleast they have found what's wrong with it. So how long until it's all fitted and the car is back in your possession and you are racing around loving it? :lol:
    Part 2..

Ah yes, it is currently being repaired as we speak, it went in to ARTech on Monday. Passed it's MOT, they did the service Tuesday with no issues and then they set about finding what's wrong with it, initially they couldn't see anything wrong but rang me earlier to say that it wasn't the suspension but the engine mounts :? So they are getting new bushes sorted and then giving me a call later on :)

And pics being done today mate, keep your eyes peeled :)
    Part 1..

Nah I always go for Shell as it does actually make a difference :) not to mention that now that I have a driver's card I'll not want to miss out on the points haha But I wasn't aware of that overflow thing, that means I've wasted at least £50 in fuel over the last year "squeezing a little more in" :? :( D'oh!.. Oh well, at least I know now..

Yeh I opted for the 10"'s as they perform better with fast paced stuff, and seeing as I listen to hard house and metal along with other stuff I thought it best to get something that will perform with the music I listen to. 5 years ago that would have been different as all I listened to in the car was drum and bass!! haha In which case a single 13W7 would have been on order but tastes have changed, still love DnB, just not the only thing I listen to now..
    I have allways stood by the fact that 10" subs are better, they are sharper and are still pretty loud. But either way that car must have sat well low before you got the springs on.

Once the filler clicks off, dont try to put more fuel in I have been told. Apparently it just goes into some overflow thing and gets wasted. I prefer my tank above half anyway as it goes down slower lol. Yeah I hate putting Morrisons crap in, not too fussed about Tesco's 99RON fuel though.
    Haha you will forget how much it cost you until you pull up at Shell and you cant afford to fill up :lol:
    Anyway few questions, where are these pics you promised, when she booked in and have you had it repaired yet? :lol:
    Yeh it is pretty heavy, yet I seem to remember there being talk of 100kgs when it was all going in but I think was when I was going to go for two 12" W7's but went for two 10"'s instead, so yeh, 70ish kgs in total lmao
    In regards to the fuel, I always fill it right up, as think engine performs better if fuel is in abundance, not to mention, there aren't that many Shell garages around here so I have to be careful in regards to re-fuelling, don't want none of that cheap crap petrol from other garages! haha
    Yeh credit card bills suck :( But just don't be silly with it like I have, I'm definately paying the price for it now but oh well, once it gets back from Artech with it all fitted I'll soon forget the cost :D haha
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back