• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. birchy

Stereo issues, Extremely annoying

direct off the headunit thanks
  2. birchy

Stereo issues, Extremely annoying

Hi, ive got problems with the stereo in my Type R. Basically when my music is playing the speakers cut out. The music continues playing and the sub is still working but the speakers cut out. It is deffinately a loose connection somewhere because as daft as it sounds, if you shake the car or tap...
  3. birchy

Put my mind at rest....

Cheers for the help loxy
  4. birchy

Put my mind at rest....

So with a bit of luck, having no warning lights, knocks or leaks etc it should be fine?
  5. birchy

Put my mind at rest....

I'm not sure i wasn't really concentrating on the speed as such. Comfortably in 3rd, dropped to 2nd to take a bend went to go back into 3rd and hit 1st instead :( I've just had the chain changed aswell. I have no eml on
  6. birchy

Put my mind at rest....

Hi, Basically this evening I was driving 'enthusiastically' and somehow accidentally went into 1st instead of 3rd. Embarrassing I know :( The car obviously chucked us forward and bounced of the limiter. There's no knocking and the gearbox feels ok. Will it be ok? :(
  7. birchy

Eml diagnostic. Opinions?

Right, so I had a mate read a code on my car and it's showing up something along the lines of: Catalyst efficiency bank 1 What does this mean exactly?
  8. birchy

EPS and EML???

Hi, My Type R is displaying the following lights occasionally. Every so often my EPS light comes on and in the past 3 weeks my EML has come on twice, I reset the ecu the first time and it has come back on today.. I know i obviously need to get the fault code and get it diagnosed but in the...
  9. birchy

No coolant in radiator and mayo

I had my head rebuilt at tdi north My rad had leaked and cooked the engine. Had 10thou off the head, new gaskets etc etc aswell as a cam chain kit and some work on the valves. Cost me £1500+ and that was cheap. So prepare yourself
  10. birchy

My new ep3 civic type R

did you take these pictures on a gameboy camera?
  11. birchy

JamesT's Premier EP3...

love this mate
  12. birchy

Front bumper

On an ep3 front bumper, half the radiator is exposed and half covered by the black plastic pieces. Do these serve a purpose or can they be removed?
  13. birchy

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

About to order a set of these, Just send £8.50 to your paypal and pm you my address? cheers
  14. birchy

HID's???

that answers my question ;)
  15. birchy

HID's???

great thankyou both, unsure whether yellow would look good on a jap car or tacky? it is ukdm at the end of the day
  16. birchy

HID's???

p.s sorry about the wrong section, was unsure
  17. birchy

HID's???

hmm i guess. I take it HID sidelights are unheard of then mate?
  18. birchy

HID's???

Hi all, Recently bought some HID's for my Type R, Question being, there is obviously a main bulb (Dipped/full) and a small side light bulb. In the kit I can only see a main bulb??? However my mate bought a kit for his Type R and has HID side lights? Help please? Picture:
  19. birchy

3rd Honda, First Type R!

Love it mate
  20. birchy

Birchy's Silver CTR

Solidsponge - Fair comment and your entitled to your opinion but with all respect go f*ck yourself. Its a Mugen splitter not a combat bodykit and I have a personal plate that spells out my name. It doesnt exactly say AD1D4S does it you tool. Aaron87 - Cheers mate, by Lichfield. I go to...
  21. birchy

Advice on keeping your car safe

Both sets of my keys go in my bedside drawer every single night. And my car is neatly positioned so a bush covers view from the road. Luckily I live in a fairly low car crime area. *Touch wood*
  22. birchy

Changing an ep3 rad DIY, Hard or not??

21 views and no reply? really?
  23. birchy

Changing an ep3 rad DIY, Hard or not??

Bought a new rad and 5ltr bottle of antifreeze. Looking to change it asap as mine is leaking fairly badly. How hard is the job to do? Could anybody post a quick guide for me/link me to one please? I did use the search but couldn't find anything
  24. birchy

Help needed, best place to buy...

I wanted a new one really.
  25. birchy

Help needed, best place to buy...

I have a leaking radiator, Other than Honda, does anybody know a good place *UK based* to buy a good quality radiator? Cheers
  26. birchy

Birchy's Silver CTR

what
  27. birchy

Birchy's Silver CTR

Hi, I took a few pictures today so thought id put them up on here. C+C welcome :)
  28. birchy

How to turn off the engine management light??

Hi I have fitted an aftermarket air filter to my type r, It has caused the EML to come on, Its quite obvious its come on because of this because I only drove it off my drive. How do I turn the light off myself??? I dont really want to pay £40 at my local garage to wipe it if I can do it...
  29. birchy

Weird overheating problem??

another update: Checked the rad and the water was low even though the overflow was showing a decent level. The rad took nearly 3 pints!!! The problem has gone for now, took it for a spirited drive and even left it stood still for a good 15 mins and no overheating.
  30. birchy

reallly? :(!
  31. birchy

Hi thanks for all the replies. Ive done as suggested and the fan does come on for a short amount of time. A little update though: Ive noticed that when the car starts to overheat, revving the car brings the temperature down???
  32. birchy

I have a small issue with my Type R. It keeps overheating!!! Its strange though because its very intermittent, and 99% of the time it happens when the car is stationary. I can drive 50 miles to work and back, no overheating.. and get to a set of traffic lights and it will creep up toward...
  33. birchy

Setting up an amplifier??? Please help

Can no one help me with this????
  34. birchy

Setting up an amplifier??? Please help

Hi, Im really no ICE expert but have managed to wire my amp in. Heres my set-up for starters... Juice wiring kit (I think its this one) In phase amp Audiobahn AW1200V Sub Question being... Im a bit confused in how to get the best sound out of the sub, Safely! Here is what im faced...
  35. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

Sorry mate
  36. birchy

Wiring Amplifier in, CONFUSED

No its a Clarion unit, Its playing up though, the sound keeps glitching and cutting out? the screen stays on and track keeps running but the sound goes and comes back when it likes??? Any ideas
  37. birchy

And any comment to the blue cable in question, it is labeled p.cont on the headunit, seperate from the main block of cables
  38. birchy

Ok, But a strong connection to any metal in the car will provide a good earth?
  39. birchy

Remember your earthing point on the amp is as important as the positive. Solid earth to bare metal using cable as thick as the positive is a must. Where do you recommend connecting the Earth in the back? I have all the correct cables, I bought a Juice kit that was...
  40. birchy

I have a blue cable the same thickness labelled "P.cont". Is this the one???
  41. birchy

where exactly do I plug the remote cable into the headunit? I no longer have the manual for it. Sound system noob :P
  42. birchy

Yes its the remote cable! Epic win of a thread. Thanks a lot :D
  43. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

Is it a big job???
  44. birchy

So im trying to wire in an amplifier for a sub I Purchased. Its a decent system, not a cheap job. Ive connected a cable from the +battery to the amp as guided. And a cable from the earth which ive tried touching to various parts of the back of the car. I really am not an ICE wizard so Ive...
  45. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

Do you know of a guide on how to do this mate?
  46. birchy

05 Milano red / now lowered with pics

Looks excellent mate
  47. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

Cheers mate
  48. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

Where can I get a refurb'd piston from mate? Time is not on my side :(
  49. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

So yesterday I was changing my pads and on the one side the piston will not go back in!!! The rubber seal has been damaged at some point which has left it exposed to the weather. What should I do here in peoples opinions? Can I fix it myself? i.e take the piston out somehow and clean it up...
  50. birchy

Calliper Piston Seized!!

So yesterday I was changing my pads and on the one side the piston will not go back in!!! The rubber seal has been damaged at some point which has left it exposed to the weather. What should I do here in peoples opinions? Can I fix it myself? i.e take the piston out somehow and clean it up...
  51. birchy

5W40 oil??

Ive used the search feature but just wanted to clarify this. A lot of people have suggested a good Fully Synth 5W40 oil for the Type R. The only one I can really find available is Castrol Edge in Halfrauds. It says its for Turbo Diesel though??? Can I Still use it? Thanks
  52. birchy

CUT OUT?

fuel pump?
  53. birchy

my new honda civic type r ep3 :DDDDD

Looks clean enough but you dont want stickers like that all over it. Makes the car look halfords-tastic :)
  54. birchy

Help Big problems!!!! PLEASE HELP

Well I would imagine it could be a whole number of things mate, As suggested best thing to do is get a local Honda or reliable garage to run a diagnostic on it so you can get an error code and go from there. I managed to get my fuel pump fixed with new parts for around £180 with all the labor...
  55. birchy

Water bubbling over???

Ok cheers for that info mate. And no its not a mayonnaise substance. More a foamy water substance.
  56. birchy

Water bubbling over???

Thanks for the comments.. Ive ordered a genuine Spoon Rad cap to see if that helps. It hasnt been leaking so to speak the last day or so, but instead just sort of dribbling a white foamy substance.
  57. birchy

How to I bleed my cooling system????

A carry on from the thread I posted yesterday... Going to try and bleed my cooling system to wipe out the possibility of an air blockage causing my water to boil over. Whats the best way to do this??
  58. birchy

Water bubbling over???

Small Update: Checked it this morning and the coolant was low so i filled it back up to level with water. Ive also noticed a sort of gold/bronze dust around the tank fill cap and where the water has leaked??? There is absolutely no white gunk on the dipstick or oil fill cap either. Any...
  59. birchy

Water bubbling over???

Will this cause the water to bubble over then? After some "spirited driving"... The engine temperature was steady and then i stopped the car, the fan came on and a fair amount of water came out of the radiator/front of the car area and it was frothing out of the overflow tank and making a...
  60. birchy

Water bubbling over???

anyone?
  61. birchy

Water bubbling over???

For the first time today i turned off my car and the water was bubbling out of the overflow tank? I think its the overflow anyway, the bottle right at the front by the radiator. What could cause this? :confused: Thanks
  62. birchy

Mine and a few mates Type R's

Took a few pictures the weekend, so I thought I'd post them up for anyone interested. C+C welcome Thanks
  63. birchy

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

are these still available? cheers
  64. birchy

For anyone thats interested the car is now fixed, Turned out to be a dodgy fuel pump
  65. birchy

Cheers for the help mate
  66. birchy

I was just saying, is it the error code in the ecu that causes the engine management light?
  67. birchy

They did i think, thats how they came back to me with low fuel pressure. I originally thought it was an alternator issue
  68. birchy

Theyve said my EML is on now theyve got it started at the garage, will this just be because of the error code in the ecu for the low fuel pressure?! youve got me worried now!
  69. birchy

Please dont do that to me lol, Im on edge as it is
  70. birchy

Or would i prefer not to know
  71. birchy

So here is where im at currently, please correct me if any of this is incorrect. The fuel pump has been ropey causing the juddering, and then died completely causing the car to cut out. Ive then tried to start it that many times that ive flattened the battery. This is the reason why it...
  72. birchy

Right the diagnostic has come back with a low fuel pressure error code? Opinions?
  73. birchy

Hmm well see what happens tomorrow, and when i say jump start i was referring to jumping the battery not pushing and dropping the clutch etc. Cheers
  74. birchy

Update Went on a trip to Honda earlier for a diagnosis (which was pointless because the technicians had gone home) Went to leave and the car wouldnt start, with a jump start it just about started. The car was juddering worse than ever all the way home and eventually I had no throttle response...
  75. birchy

I dont quite understand what you mean, sorry
  76. birchy

How do I check the earths?
  77. birchy

I should also add I drove the car all day yesterday and all of last night without any spluttering issues. Puzzling
  78. birchy

nah i havent bump started the type r, forget I said that i was referring to something else.
  79. birchy

So the car spluttering will be another issue?
  80. birchy

right i understand, the charger im using has a "reconditioning" feature which is when battery's are very low i believe? It keeps going into that mode so perhaps this is the issue. Ill leave it doing its thing overnight. I still dont understand how this would cause the car to splutter though...
  81. birchy

Anybody know if the 12.8 volts is low and a possible cause??
  82. birchy

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate it Right the battery is charging and the meter is showing 12.8 volts if this means anything to anyone? The voltage is rising as its plugged in? I didn't realise that a low battery can effect the ecu and running of the car??
  83. birchy

Ive been driving it all day though? it hasn't been left to stand Also it wouldnt cause the spluttering would it? Grr :(
  84. birchy

I have no idea where its come from but my car has suddenly started really screwing up. It all started this morning when the petrol guage said it had just above empty but it cut out on the way to the petrol station... Not sure if this is because it ran out of petrol or because of whatever is...
  85. birchy

New member :)

Mugen splitter and a 35mm drop by ABP motorsport :) It doesnt take kindly to speed bumps :D
  86. birchy

Lights not working

I think I have a loose connection with my electrics somewhere, both of my dipped beam lights are not working. I originally thought it was the bulbs, but i went over a harsh bump in the road last night and they flickered on?? Full beam and side lights work as normal. Where should i try the...
  87. birchy

New member :)

Hi, im new to the forum and just thought id show a few pictures of my new car :) Thanks
  88. birchy

Water leak!!

Will it cause any problems if its overfilled or will it just keep draining out to the correct level?
  89. birchy

Water leak!!

Im not sure, Ive just had a look. I cant see the markers your referring to though?? Still trying to get used to where everything is lol. The actual leak is coming from the rubber area where the black pipe connects to the top of the bottle, the same black pipe that goes up to by the rad cap. Cheers
  90. birchy

Water leak!!

Hi, I bought a new car yesterday and have been experiencing quite large water leaks randomly from the top of the water bottle where the pipe connects to it? It wont do it for an hour or so and then ill stop and have a pool of water on the floor :( Please help
  91. birchy

Chain and Tensioners

Cheers, how much roughly in labor?
  92. birchy

Chain and Tensioners

Cheers for the reply mate, how much roughly would it cost in the event of the chain jumping a few teeth in the future? Can the chain be tightened up?
  93. birchy

Chain and Tensioners

Hi, Im looking to buy a Type R at the moment. It is on 92,000 with full Honda Service History. I asked him if the Chain had been tightened or whatever needs doing because im not sure :confused: I had been told that they have a habit of jumping the teeth if not seen to and that it is an...
Back