• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. ND1989

Skunk's Honda Addiction

Doesnt seem like you have had much luck so far, keep at it, will look great when you are done.
  2. ND1989

S2KIP's S2000

Looks good. I will admit it took me a couple of attempts to spot the difference.
  3. ND1989

Eibach or Skunk 2?

Definitley go with Eibach. Skunk 2 will be very low. 2.5 inches on the Teg.
  4. ND1989

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

I like it personally. Looks subtle but aggressive.
  5. ND1989

Team Heko deflectors

Climair ftw.
  6. ND1989

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 Importers or Private Purchase?

I went with TGT to buy mine. I would however not discount a car from ITR-DC5.
  7. ND1989

EP3 Dumb question alert.. Factory shock absorbers

I managed to get a set of OEM shocks from ebay in great condition. Try there?
  8. ND1989

Team Heko deflectors

Use the clips. I only ever had the clips in albeit on my Climair deflectors, no movement at all.
  9. ND1989

S2KIP's S2000

Sounds ace!
  10. ND1989

Temporary Insurance

I did the same. Just phoned to switch!
  11. ND1989

Neil's 2004 CW Face Lift DC5

Thankee kindly. I know! ever since I got this there have been two that I know of turn up near where I live..so much for exclusivity! haha in real terms though it isn't an issue it is a great car and does everything I need it to do! Yes they do indeed. Quite competitive as well in terms of...
  12. ND1989

EP3 high mileage k20s? Ok or stay away?

My Milano was traded in with 133000 miles on it. Loved to have its face kicked in. As above take care of them and they will be golden.
  13. ND1989

Thanks guys! Just awaiting some time off to get at it and add some more mods.
  14. ND1989

Hello all, Thought I would start a thread/progress blog for my Integra. I intend to simply update my first post as time goes on, forgive me for the wall of text. Previously I owned a Milano red EP3 which although I enjoyed immensley I felt it was getting a bit long in the tooth at 133k and...
  15. ND1989

Good to know! A sly edit, the car looks great Mark. the AB wheel cleaner makes a good job of it, I have some Bilberry stuff myself, which works well but needs to be used neat really for best effect.
  16. ND1989

I haven't let the light come on in the DC5, partly because, unlike the EP3, I cant see where the light would be, I assume its the petrol pump symbol but still too afraid to find out.
  17. ND1989

Looks great Mark. Really glad you're happy with it.
  18. ND1989

Excellent, I do love it when a plan comes together. Just as an aside, I had all the parts for the teg before I picked it up also.
  19. ND1989

i was thinking rear window? Then my mind went to dark places...ill show myself out.
  20. ND1989

Rear windows...looking in at you...great scott!
  21. ND1989

Nah not yet! Bet you're excited!
  22. ND1989

I paid a smidgen under 10k man.
  23. ND1989

Totally stock CW facelift.
  24. ND1989

Loxy's Type R #4

A friend of mine owns one of these and has lowered it on coilovers. It handles brilliantly! I think they are a much better car then they are given credit for.
  25. ND1989

I didnt think about that at the time otherwise I would have had a look. Im happy with the car I have now and yes, the drive back will be good!
  26. ND1989

Dundee to Devon, quite a treck. It is a bit of a kicker. Ive done everything I can now, all there is to do is wait.
  27. ND1989

Amazing looking car Mark. Looks much better in the pictures Andy has sent you. I know how you feel. Mine is bought, paid for and in the country. I just cant make the 1000 mile round trip until the end of the month :(
  28. ND1989

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

I am sure I have seen a set of rear calipers for sale on "the other site"
  29. ND1989

Caliper retaining bolt seized

Tried chapping on a smaller socket? Probably have but thought I would mention.
  30. ND1989

Caliper retaining bolt seized

Amazon do rewind sockets which have teeth and would removed the stripped bolt. The issue is then needing a replacement bolt. But that wouldnt be expensive from Honda.
  31. ND1989

"Gong" noise

I get this when i turn off the car after a journey. Doesnt worry me.
  32. ND1989

Petrol prices in your area

1.10 yesterday.
  33. ND1989

The Drift Brick Build Thread.

I can just imagine the carnage.
  34. ND1989

The Drift Brick Build Thread.

Looks like so much fun.
  35. ND1989

My civic type r Fn2 (update)

fair enough. Hope you get decent gains man.
  36. ND1989

My civic type r Fn2 (update)

Looks really good. Not heard much about this vitviper thing before.
  37. ND1989

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

I can see the attraction of changing but the sheer number of people that do, and end up right back where they left off is an indicator of what would happen to me. That and Rodan's description of cryw*nking into my empty wallet is a pretty big deterrent. Your DC5 is a nice car. Glad you're...
  38. ND1989

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

Good decision. My mate has one of the swifts, absolute riot of a car. I don't think he cleans it, ever. I am sure you will though...maybe.
  39. ND1989

My Milano EP3 - LCA's Page 5

Thanks very much Sun.
  40. ND1989

S2KIP's S2000

Looking great Chris.
  41. ND1989

Haha good. Looks so good from underneath.
  42. ND1989

They had better. The amount of faff it was to get all the bolts aligned properly.
  43. ND1989

Car is booked in for a FRSU at Progrip in two weeks time. :D/
  44. ND1989

thanks very much.
  45. ND1989

Thanks man.
  46. ND1989

My Milano EP3 - Winter stock pile begins. So today I went about installing my ACR brace, Beaks brace and skunk 2 lcas it was a total faff start to finish but totally worth it. A couple of pictures for you all. Before, all unwrapped. My awesome halogen light. All on. Finally...
  47. ND1989

My Pink Wheeled Integra DC5 :)

Very girl-ish but that's fine. Like the brakes, nice touch.
  48. ND1989

Brake issue or is it normal?

Air in the lines?
  49. ND1989

Todd's Championship White Honda Integra DC5.

Reinvigorating my want for one of these. Looks great.
  50. ND1989

My Milano EP3 - Winter stock pile begins. Wee picture after I gave the car a good clean. I washed, clayed, polished and waxed the car by hand. I was knackered by the end but the reaults were great. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  51. ND1989

EP3 rear caliper carrier seized

As above mine was removed in a vice and greased up good. A company called Big Red can do a refurb which is a decent price, although they may not have your calliper on the shelf for an exchange.
  52. ND1989

FN2 Why are these cars so greedy?

I find the civic to be not too bad on fuel in my experience. I do 300 miles a week which is A road and a very small amount of dual carriageway. I manage about 300 to 340 out of a 50 quid fill up. This isn't too bad I feel.
  53. ND1989

Teething problem....

I imagine that the FN will have various heat shields as well. The issue is they corrode, rattle and can fall off entirely. For example the heat shield at the rear of the exhaust by the fuel tank came away in my hands the other month, no force applied what so ever. Good luck bud.
  54. ND1989

Teething problem....

Possibly a drive shaft or exhaust heat shield. I think most of the heat shields on my EP3 have been removed.
  55. ND1989

custom type r badges?

Sometimes it is. :smt030:smt030
  56. ND1989

custom type r badges?

The font could be green lol. No harm done.
  57. ND1989

custom type r badges?

Was thinking of the Type text in satin black with the R standard red. Would match my wheels nicely.
  58. ND1989

custom type r badges?

Why does my idea have to be novel? It pleases me.
  59. ND1989

custom type r badges?

Black and red would look nice. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  60. ND1989

rattle/knoking over rough road tarmac or pot holes

Mine was a loose caliper, which the garage missed, after I explicitly told them that they had been changed in the past two months. Never using a garage for something I can do myself ever again. Plus side is I have some low mileage shocks as spares.
  61. ND1989

My S15

Good advice there Rodan.
  62. ND1989

My shock absober was at fault apparently. Sounds terrible atm but new ones are on order.
  63. ND1989

I get this. My car has 120k + on it so I believe the bushes around the front suspension and possibly the top mounts have worn.
  64. ND1989

So I think I have got my plan of attack for this/next year locked in my mind. I want to get the car feeling better/stiffer, eek a little bit of power and improved engine characteristics out of it and make it feel a little younger. So below is a list of modifications/enhancements that I have...
  65. ND1989

MilanoChris' Evo IX

Better safe than sorry!
  66. ND1989

Fcuking cars! turns out the bolt which connects the brake pipe to the caliper was not on quite tight enough. Brake fluid seeping out and some questionable braking characteristics. Sorted all of this this evening and im hoping there are no after effects in regard to the paint on the wheel...
  67. ND1989

My S15

It seems that a lot of people sell a Honda, buy powerful boosted cars and then return to the Hondas. Must say something for them. It's a shame as your S15 is lovely. Sticky callipers are the worst, It just so happened I had this issue the same day I saw your post, so type R's are not...
  68. ND1989

Thanks to a late night and my mate lee I now have some replacement calipers on the car. The passenger side had been stuck which was causing all sorts of nasty effects. So we swapped them and bunged new pads in which has made a vast improvement. Only issue still present is that the disc was ever...
  69. ND1989

My S15

Warped disc.or sticky caliper?
  70. ND1989

Cheers. Im a fan of the wheels. Its not bad for 120k tbh.
  71. ND1989

I had it done by hand the other day, I get it once a month but only for the shine really. The car needs a proper detail and machine polish to remove the swirls, heck it needs repainted really. Thanks for the kind words.
  72. ND1989

So on the way to Crail on Sunday the car started to behave in a strange manner; felt as if the road was bumpy and rippled when in fact it was not. Pulled over immediately and noticed smoke wafting from the pass side caliper. Checked it over and there was plenty meat on the pads and fluid was...
  73. ND1989

MilanoChris' Evo IX

After all the work and effort I hope you get good results when Mase maps it, although I am sure you will. Stunning looking Evo Chris.
  74. ND1989

Thanks very much. It is not the cleanest car going but for a 10 year old car with 120k on it it isnt too bad. The paint will need seen to at some point but for now I am going to try and get some more power and driveability out of it.
  75. ND1989

Wheel Refurb and Polish So this week I had my wheels refurbished in gloss black, reason for this was that my original paint job was pretty rubbish to be fair. I also had the car cleaned and polished to head to crail tomorrow. Couple quick pictures. A shot of the little bit of stretch...
  76. ND1989

Suits' Nissan 370Z

That wing looks very nice. Goes with the shape of the body nicely.
  77. ND1989

Fair enough lad, big boy priorities. The new R looks quite good to be fair.
  78. ND1989

Thank you kindly. I like the look of both but these wheels have definitely won me over. Will look better once properly painted. Any word on your ek, if you still have it?
  79. ND1989

Cheers mate, The car does sit better on the wider wheels and feels much more positive. I have front camber bolts so might get a little more dialed in at the front. Thanks, definitely cant fault the wheels bar a little kerbing. They will be getting refurbed in the next couple weeks if I can...
  80. ND1989

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

Sorry to hear of the issues with the diff, bet you cant wait to get it on the road.
  81. ND1989

Recent pics of my DC5

Want.
  82. ND1989

Hazz's 1996 R33 GTR

Lovley looking car that!
  83. ND1989

Well the Evo 9 wheels are now on the car and have been given a wee test drive. My first initial reaction is that the Kumho tyres inspire much more confidence than the previous set. The car feels more planted and chuckable, which isnt bad for the money I paid. The wheels will need a pro...
  84. ND1989

I hope so, will post up better pictures once they're all on.
  85. ND1989

So my tyres have arrived. 215/40/R17 Kumho Ecsta Le Sport. Decent reviews online for my price point and I doubt I will be driving hard enough for them to meet their limits. A rated for braking in the wet also, bonus considering I live in Dundee. Will be going on the car on Saturday.
  86. ND1989

Cheers mate, the wheels are 8x17 ET35, The 235 wide tyres on them in that rather shoddy picture are far too wide and catch on the arch. I have just recieved delivery of some Khumo tyres which should do the job.
  87. ND1989

Hondata reflash

The CPL reflash is perfect for me at the moment to be honest, as its a plug and play item which will work, I can then add more mods and map at the same time.
  88. ND1989

Hondata reflash

TBH I doubt CPL would do a group buy, although I could be interested if they did.
  89. ND1989

Little Update A little bit of an update for you all. Over the Christmas period a friend and I refurbed my Evo 9 wheels as well as a spare set of OE wheels for him. Went for black and I dont think they came out too bad despite doing them ourselves! I have got Evo wheel nuts and spigots to...
  90. ND1989

Hondata reflash

you are right, emailed TDI they only do full tunes.
  91. ND1989

Hondata reflash

Fair enough.
  92. ND1989

Hondata reflash

Why TDI over CPL? Just curious.
  93. ND1989

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Looks fantastic, What size are the wheels? I wonder as the tyres you have are the same as the ones I am looking to purchase for my evo 9 wheels so just asking to see if they foul at your height. Car looks amazing though mate, black on cosmic is a great combo.
  94. ND1989

Goldie's SS Type R

Looks really nice this, very clean. If I hadn't got a Milano I would have loved an SS.
  95. ND1989

Ste's Bronze FN2 **Car sold and gone**

That looks great!
  96. ND1989

URGENT HELP NEEDED!

Check the drop links, they can commonly cause knocking if they are away. Perhaps examine the bolts holding the calipers and sliders to check they are not loose.
  97. ND1989

Arch rust

Could have been caused by something as simple as a stone chip. As said the options for repair are limited, sand back and repaint probably.
  98. ND1989

Change backbox to spoon n1 or keep standard?

Hey lad, have a look at my build for an idea of looks. The exhaust sits well IMO. I have a Jperformance rep and although it doesn't have the brand name I feel it does the job well. The noise is indeed addictive and lovely. As mentioned for gains a 3" exhaust and race header seem to be the best...
  99. ND1989

Suits' Nissan 370Z

That Z looks dangerous. Glad you had a good day getting to know the car. looking forward to updates.
  100. ND1989

My S15

Although that labour bill is a bit galling for a gasket. At least that's all it was.
Back