• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Paulos

Immobiliser problem

Hi I have a Possible problem with my immobiliser in my 02 ep3 Is it normal that I have to unlock my car twice in order to start my Car? Once to unlock the central locking and then again to start my car. If I unlock my car just using the key in the lock and open the car the alarm will go...
  2. Paulos

Superpro caster increase bushes.

Hi all. My bushes in my lower controll arms are knackered. So I have managed to buy some new controll arms with the superpro caster increase bushes already fitted. When I get these fitted and my alignment done again, will I need to get the settings changed to anything special? Toe in...
  3. Paulos

Where to by an hydroshield for aem cai

Hi all. As per title. And what size would I need for an AEM CAI. Driving in heavy rain this morning, must of sucked in abit of spray or something. Car ran rough for 5 minutes and then was fine again. So going to get a hydroshield, hopefully will help and I won't be ********...
  4. Paulos

anyone seen this before?....exploding rear windscreen!

hi all soo, about 20 mins ago i was taking some stickers off my rear windscreen on my ep3, i was doing this using an ice scraper, using very little pressure on the rear windscreen. i had completed the removal of the stickers, then went to wash my rear screen down to get rid of the bits of...
  5. Paulos

Need clutch changing. Worth putting in a lightened fly wheel?

Hi all. Need the clutch on my 02 ep3 doing. The release bearing is whirring away so suppose its a sign of needing a change. Is it worth putting in a lightened fly wheel in whilst its getting done? Can anyone recommend a good one and how light to go. Car is modified, spoon n1...
  6. Paulos

Filter size for aem v2?

Hi all. Just bought a 2nd hand AEM v2, the filter is shagged on it so want a new one. I can't justify spending 65 quid on a replacement aem filter. What is the size of the filter I need so I can buy a cheaper one? Cos it's fairly big pipe work on the filter. Cheers
  7. Paulos

TDi north backbox? Or help identify?

Hi all I picked up this new backbox. Cost me £100. The person I bought it off said he had a receipt for the exhaust for £400. And said on it was a Tdi north high flow exhaust. Is it a Tdi north custom or something else? The hangers have been changed by the previous owner. Also...
  8. Paulos

Why would a decat make my ep3 run rich?

Been reading up about this, Everyone's saying that putting a decat pipe on an ep3 will make it Over fuel, but why? Because surely the 1st lambda sensor is the one that adjust the fueling etc, And that's obviously before the decat. So the emissions are getting read before it reaches the cat...
  9. Paulos

What make is this backbox...?

Any ideas? Cheers
  10. Paulos

Ep3 sloppy gearstick.

Hi guys. Just wondering if there's any way I can tighten the feel of my gearstick lever on my ep3. When it's in gear I can still move it side to side a lot. Maybe 20mm each way. I have a tegiwa short shifter fitted. I noticed tegiwa also do the solid gear shift bushes. But I can't...
  11. Paulos

MOT and Tax run out on same day...

hi guys hope you can help me! My tax and MOT run out on the same day, i.e. the 31st of july. i cant tax it without having the MOT valid, just tried but it wont let me, as the tax would start on the 1st of august, 1 day after my current MOT runs out. so my question is, i can get my car booked...
  12. Paulos

How to remove front lower mount for inserts?

Hi all. Bought some energy suspension inserts for my ep3. Fitted the rear lower ones into the mount perfectly fine. Went to fit the front Lower ones. Cant get the mount off. Can unbolt it all so it's free. But just cant it out due to the radiator fan/aircon fan impeeding it. Any...
  13. Paulos

Opinions on my wheels please....

HI all. i have some rota attack alloys in gun metal grey on my ep3. never seen another civic with them fitted, had a search on the forum and cant really find alot about them! let me know what you think, opinions good/bad? car is lowered with the ABP/Eibach 15mm lowering kit (rear is...
  14. Paulos

Unsecure team heko wind deflectors...

iv had some team heko wind delectors fitted to my ep3 for a few months, all was fine untill one day one flew off when i was on the dual carridge way. my brother following in his MR2 turbo was not impressed when it smashed into his bonnet! i had those metal clips to hold them in but they didnt...
  15. Paulos

Engine mounts...competition or fast road...?

Going to buy some new engine mounts tomorrow when I get paid as my mounts are completely knackered so thort I might aswell upgrade. Thinking about getting the vibra technics ones. But which ones would you reccomend I get? Completion or fast road. I regularly go 1/4 miling, but I also do...
  16. Paulos

WHY is my ep3 destroying top engine mounts!?

Few months ago I noticed my top engine mount had split. Bought another one 2nd hand off a guy off eBay. Not split and in perfect condition. Just noticed on way home from work today that my car felt abit funny. Got home and lifted the bonnet to find that my top engine mount has gone. Again...
  17. Paulos

Pauls 02 satin silver ep3 CTR!

Hi all, iv been on this forum for a few months now and have decided to eventually start a progress thread. after previously owning 3 saxos iv always been very interesting in modding my cars so obviously when i bought my ep3 i knew i wanted to start modifieing as soon as possible. so i found...
  18. Paulos

where can i find a triangle exhaust rubber?

cant find one on ebay, and dont want to pay silly prices for a genuine one. its for the b pipe for my ep3. 1 hole at top 2 at bottom. any help would be good :) cheers
  19. Paulos

clutch or gearbox issues...?

i bought my ep3 around 2 and a half months ago. i had no paperwork or had any details about the clutch ever been replaced. its on 115k milage, could the original clutch last that long? considering iv had to had the timing chain done so cant of had the easiest life. i do have a big problem...
  20. Paulos

what induction kit do i have...?

hi all, iv had this induction kit ever since iv bought my ep3, just wondered what make it might be? and wether it looks ok? iv fitted a new filter on it and fitted the heatshield to prevent heatsoak. also i managed to fit a cold air feed, although it was a bit of a squeeze to get the end...
  21. Paulos

Spigot rings ep3

Hi guys Just bought some rota attack wheels for my ep3. I'm aware I need some spigot rings. I work on a Cnc lathe so was going to turn them myself. The bore on my wheels are 73mm. I'm just abit unsure on what size the bore and the width on the spigot rings need to be. Is stock wheel...
  22. Paulos

P0341...what to do?

Hi all, The engine mangagement light has been on on my 02 ctr since I bought it a few months ago Have the p0341 error showing. I have a slight problem with vtec on first startup, after letting it warm up it won't vtec But if I flick ignition off then on whilst driving. It solves the...
  23. Paulos

strange VTEC problem with my EP3

iv read through the vtec problems thread but cant find anything about this problem i have. the first time i start my car up in the morning, i let my car warm up, wait for around 15mins of driving before trying to hit vtec, but vtec just wont work, even though its warmed up. and has been driven...
  24. Paulos

advice needed please :)

hey guys recently joined this forum as im planning on buying an civic ep3 type r in the next few weeks, one of my friends mates is selling one, its an 02 plate with 100k miles silver with black aftermarket whees (not sure on make) he is taxing it at end of month and MOT is untill september. he...
Back