• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

EP3 Need a new clutch? Recommendations? Flywheel ?

Hi guys, I can't believe I'm doing this, although I don't drive the Type R much, I can't come round to selling it. So anyway recently I have experienced some clutch issues and looking to replace it. Who makes the original? I forgot where I got the previous one from. There's all sorts of...
  2. R

Passed MOT - drive shaft issue after

Hi guys, need some advice. The ep3 was due MOT. They took the car in, and gave me a estimate of £470 for two front arms fitted + couple of bulbs. Two arms cost me £145 but I went ahead as i have busy week at work so we agreed on £410. As I was picking up the car out of garage he was...
  3. R

Can't wait to get into my ep3 today + what to get next

So I had to do some long distance driving so I took my 2016 golf tdi 2.0 auto for 4 days. Day 1 : 55mpg Day 2 : 42mpg Day 3 : 35mpg Day 4 : 29.2mpg So in total I did 300 miles and it finished on 29.2mpg. I'm very dissapointed what a load of rubbish. I'd rather drive the ep3 like I done a bank...
  4. R

Different width tyres in front and back ep3

I have standard ep3 with Bridgestone RE050 Front: 205/45/17 Rear: 215/45/17 I feel I have less over steer when driving enthusiastically and turn in is better at the same time (track) Has anyone ever had these sizes on? Or is that just a stupid set up? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. R

Handbrake failed MOT - 8% Hand Brake efficiency. Faulty Caliper OR handbrake cable?

I have recently felt like my brakes are not braking as well as they should be despite replacing discs and pads last year so I put it in for an early MOT (2weeks) I have had brake binding on the right rear, which was fixed at previous MOT and it passed along with adjustments to the handbrake...
  6. R

Anybody ever imported any Honda's from Japan?

The price for some cars like Integra Dc5 is over the top on the UK market however after a bit more researching I understand that the costs rack up and a £6/7000 dc5 is similar to one being imported which may initially only cost £4,500 but with a 30% tax duty and shipping costs it can rack upto...
  7. R

Garage say new steering rack

Took my car to Formula one autocentres and they have recommended I try and source a used steering rack with 'you-joint'???. I found a steering rack claiming to be in perfect working condition for £110. What is the you joint? Linked between steering and rack? Labour quoted was £170 including...
  8. R

Anyone using mintex discs with Ferodo pads? Poor braking and pedal sinking

I've had a year or two with OEM discs and pads on my ep3 and after they were showing signs of wear I decided to upgrade. I upgraded to Mintex discs and ferodo pads and I have to say the pads bite much better but the discs feel absolutely *****. When cold, bite is good. Braking distance is...
  9. R

My Ep3 is crappp, I need to restore it! - What could it be out of my list?

Hi guys, My type R was stunning two years ago, 37,000 miles later it is now not fun to push. Since I had the clutch replaced, my steering wheel is not straight. I have had several tracking checks, all of which were spot on! When I push the car it hops, creaks in reverse, and also if I max out...
  10. R

EP3 Advice needed on clutch + flywheel upgrade

My clutch has been slipping, well to be more specific, it doesn't go into gear easily when cold. When I start the car cold, clutch fully down and trying to go into first and the car slightly moves forward as I attempt to put it in first gear although it doesn't go. When the car is off, gears...
  11. R

Topped up different brand oil

I use synthetic shell helix ultra 5w40. Just after 2-3 weeks I checked and dipstick was below the minimum mark, so I had a complete hard attack on the spot. I needed to drive so I filled up 5w40 castrol edge (blimin £12 per litre - Asda emergency) Anyway my question is how damaging is this...
  12. R

Car seems sluggish and loud under acceleration

The car still accelerates fine at peak rpm, and sounds 'raspy' loud however if you open throttle in low rpm in any gear i can hear a horrible boy racer type sound coming from underneath me and car feels sluggish until vtec engages. What could this be? From the sounds I think exhaust however the...
  13. R

Secondary sensor wire cut - eml on

My heat shield come off my ep3, resulted in wires to my 2nd sensor to cut. Garage advised sensor needs changing too and quotes £110. Is that okay? Or can wiring be repaired? Before heat shield hit wires I had no issues on my 113,000 ep3. Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. R

Formula1 Autocentre quote £467 for brakes

I had brake problems, turns out there's some damage on the inside front disc that could not be seen resulting in uneven wear. Anyway I was shown all four wheels, the rears were overdue too. I was happy to get it all changed but I was quoted £467 to get it all done. I don't mind paying for the...
  15. R

I want to upgrade car!! Discussions welcome!

I'm looking to upgrade car. I have had my ep3 2002 for nearly 3years and I am bored of it. It is bog standard, red. I was looking to get integra, which appeals to me because it is expensive and unique which stops people getting it. When I bought my ep3 I was very few of the ones who had one in...
  16. R

Knocking sound/feeling on brake pedal....Grinding sound when turning or braking

Dear typerR forum browsers, My car used to produce a sound when braking (like rusty brakes) on driver side. All pads and discs are new. Now I can hear it scrape on left side when I brake. If the brakes are pressed they shudder, my brake pedal feels like it's 'knocking' If that makes sense...
  17. R

EP3 Annoying sound coming front driver side wheel - video included?

Hi all, The car has developed a sound on the front driver side wheel, the brakes sound like when you return from a long holiday when brakes scrape due to bits of rust. (however they are clean atm) Car is at 112,000 miles, new brake pads and disks last year. However driver side caliper gave...
  18. R

Heaters/blower with mind of its own

I have had this problem for a year now and I can't take it anymore. The problem is I cannot show the mechanic because they start working again. The heaters will randomly start blowing and work for days and than they stop for weeks. Sometimes they stop when going round a roundabout. What is...
  19. R

MOT failed on handbrake efficiency

the reading was 14 percent. is this expensive to sort out? The car is due to be repaired at Mr clutch and iI am just wondering what the maximum bill could be? Could readjusting it manually myself help the situation or is it much more serious? iI do feel u have to pull the handbrake...
  20. R

Keys inside car!! No spare!!

I unlocked my ep3 with remote. Opened boot. Put keys on top inside. Put luggage in the car. Closed boot. Saw keys. Boots locked. Car locked. Im fuc*ked. What can i do? How strong is the rear window? Honda are trying to find solution to get blank key cut but no luck yet. Will it be...
  21. R

Loud noise when reversing until car stops

Heavy noise from steering when reversing. What could this be? Sorry i cannot provide more info. I have low brake pads and worn discs on front, could this is causing the noise?
  22. R

Yess bitchesss!!!! I got 37mpg for my 60mile commute on the 24th attempt!!

I have been trying to see how economical a ep3 can be. I always think, whats the point having an ep3 if you are not going to use It properly, this results in me not getting over 30mpg. on my average country side commute of 60 miles the total mpg has varied depending on driving style. -...
  23. R

Noise from underneath bonnet after long drives - any help please

In the past, whenever I go for long drives 50+ miles motorway or a/b roads I get noises from underneath the front of the car. The following can happen (sometimes different times and not always together) - steering wheel becomes squeaky (end of long drive, never short) - once stationary after...
  24. R

What is this black stuff under engine oil cap? [Photo]

Hi all, would anyone know what this is and the reason for buildup. Everytime I fill up I see this dirt inside and it really bugs me. It is solid and does not wipe if you touch it. Thankyou
  25. R

Slow start of the line

I was on the last set of lights at the start of a dual carriageway. Lights went green, i Released the brake, disengaged the clutch at 1-5mph, when it was fully disengaged I put my foot down and there was a good 2 second delay before any response. Boyyy did the car go after that as usual...
  26. R

Just ordered a UltraGauge unit for the ep3

Has anyone else tried these or seen them in action? I quite like the current mpg and rpm readings along with many more. Here's the link to the product. http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/index.htm Az
  27. R

Had to replace 2nd bridgestone in 2 weeks. Bad luck or someone playing with them?

I've had the ep3 for just under 2 weeks. No harsh driving, certainly no kerbs. I was advised by Honda to change a tyre as it had been running low psi and had shredded inside so they advised to replace. Left tyre thread was fine at 5mm. Today car was fine, after returning to it I feel the tyres...
  28. R

What's your Mpg's for your ep3's?

My first week, I'm currently getting 25mpg with bits of vtec! I'm not so used to crappin it in my pants every time I touch the accelerator I wonder what mpg it would return if I took the lead of this wild beast and unleashed it fully?
  29. R

Is there too much oil in? Is it Damaging? See Picture **

Hi users of Type-R-Owners Forums!!! Ive just bought an ep3, ive checked the dipstick and there seems to be too much oil. Have a look. How much shall i drain out? It is at least 1cm if not more above the upper marker. Can this be damaging to the engine? Thank you
Back