• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. benztyper

ribbit's EP3

Looks good, better job than my under seal, I was laid under my car which was on axel stands with a paint brush :smt119
  2. benztyper

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

So last Tuesday I was booked back into TDi North for a few reasons, after fitting the skunk2 intake manifold I went somewhere else to get mapped and to me it didn't seem to run right at low speeds, almost felt like the engine was misfiring, also my lambda sensor issue keeps reappearing and Honda...
  3. benztyper

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

It seemed to go well on track mate, I was there for a coupe of hours, might of been the quietest Honda there though lol. I have a couple of Pics of the car across the start finish line if you want them, only done on an S7 but yours if you want.
  4. benztyper

Bit of an update long overdue, Japfest was good..... cold but good. Didn't get on track in the end but here are a few pictures of how she looked on the day. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  5. benztyper

So JapFest a week on Sunday.... Track time booked too. I will be on EP/Vtec owners club stand if anyone wants to come and say Hi..... With that in mind I went on a spending spree... Mugen front Lip - Fitted and ready for paint on Friday Spooner Restorations Cam Cover - Fitted Skunk2 Pro...
  6. benztyper

New Premier calipers fitted this weekend along with Yellow Stuff pads and Hel braided lines.... Ready for track :smt023 [/URL][/IMG]
  7. benztyper

P0131 o2 Sensor Fault Won't Clear

Been having primary o2 sensor issues to the point of actually taking it to Honda for them to fit a new Primary o2 sensor. Error code is P0131 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Low Voltage Fault. It is not on all the time and only seems to come on after giving the car a thrashing then driving normal afterwords...
  8. benztyper

Yeah they look the part, I've seen them on Ebay a few times but they are expensive
  9. benztyper

They come standard on all 30th Anniversary models mate..... took me a long time to find a nice one.
  10. benztyper

Spoiler fitted and car washed and waxed [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  11. benztyper

Just back from the Body Shop sprayed and ready to fit tomorrow [/URL][/IMG]
  12. benztyper

Also this arrived...... [/URL][/IMG] currently in the body shop getting sprayed so hopefully will be getting fitted next week.
  13. benztyper

So I was at Grinspeed on Wednesday and it was a fantastic day.... Stevie knows his stuff, customer service was outstanding and plenty of coffee provided. I cant recommend them enough for anyone else wanting work doing, it was well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive :smt023. The main motivation for...
  14. benztyper

Emmsy's Arctic DC5 Integra

Hi welcome back, Nice project to keep you busy, would be my choice of colour for a DC5, CW is very nice but you dont see as many blue ones (or I don't) :smt023 Looking forward to seeing your progress
  15. benztyper

So 2016 modifications have started, I'm now running all four wheels on 215 Eagle F1's which feels a lot better to drive but that wouldn't be hard because the Falkens where very worn, also my Mugen style spoiler has arrived and will be getting sprayed on Wednesday while I'm at GrinSpeed getting...
  16. benztyper

If you are able to decat I'd go for a different exhaust to be honest. The only reason I went piper was the CAT, I don't have the space to be swapping exhaust parts for MOT's which is why I went down this route. Decat is always going to be better and with no cat you can fit a better header. The...
  17. benztyper

Nice one, I'm on the EPOC stand, no track spots left when I booked :noseblow:...... looking for a passenger seat though
  18. benztyper

To be fair they told me that too,but it was already paid for so i decided what the hell and i cant see how OEM could be better especially with the figures I got. As for drone, people can definitely hear me coming but if you get it on the motorway it does have a quite spot at 70mph, not sure if...
  19. benztyper

Had a quite few months with my 30th but time to get things moving again. Just booked into GrinSpeed for the following: OEM Clutch Facelift Fly Wheel M Factory LSD FD2 Final Drive Box. All being well this is happening on the 3rd. Also ordered a new pair of Eagle F1's for the front...
  20. benztyper

Yeah Krzys I've been in touch with Stevie from Grinspeed £890 fixed price for supply and fit of LSD going to do the clutch too and check the syncro's.... just need the cash haha
  21. benztyper

So leaving the arena after Mimms I had a little bump, wont go into how and why but I'm kicking myself. Fortunately only slight damage, cracked the bumper and bust a headlight bracket. As a temporary repair I drilled out the area that was cracked on the bumper, fiber-glassed behind the damage...
  22. benztyper

Finally got 10 min to do an update: Lots of things been going on, had an Invite to Mimms Honda Day a few weeks back. Met up with Trixibell and a few others, convoy down to Peterbrough the night before to meet a load more for food and drinks then on to the show the next day. I was on the epoc...
  23. benztyper

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

Some nice pictures there Trix, Annie looking good too :D.... I really need to get my pictures uploaded, got a nice headlight one for you hahaha.
  24. benztyper

Dan's EP3 Track Car (Tight Budget Build) Or Not.

nice. any pictures? :smt026
  25. benztyper

It's been a quite few weeks as far as modifications go, decided I need to save to buy a house and a LSD so lets see what comes first lol. All that been said I had the chance to run at Croft again with a few mates last week.............. saying it was a wet day was an understatement!! 3...
  26. benztyper

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Bad times mate but I'm still buzzing with mine..... having owned one of Bavarian's finest you will love the 50/50 weight distribution..... don't worry about snow, that's just an excuse for people who can't drive and I'm pleased you have gone for something with some power (was it a 1 series...
  27. benztyper

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Just got the mag, car looks very good in there..... glad to see the EP3 got best of the rest in the top 10 :D/
  28. benztyper

Clutch Fluid Change Fail

Thanks for that advice Dazz, I tried all the above and after a lot of google work I have decided I need to bench bleed the master cylinder.... given my work comitments I took the easy way out and drop the keys off with my local garage, after been asked WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT BEN? they agreed to...
  29. benztyper

Clutch Fluid Change Fail

Hi, really need some help. Noticed at high revs I was struggling to get 3rd and 4th, had this before and a clutch fluid change cured it. The fluid was once again looking very grey which didn't surprise after the track days and hard driving. Unfortunately while bleeding the fluid i did the...
  30. benztyper

You need to head over to North Yorshire moors Trix. Head for Stokesley then try the B1257 to Helmsley fantastic road (careful of police as its a bikers hot spot), then head toward Pickering but take a left to Hutton-le-hole and stay on there up over the moors, nice twisty bits and fun on a...
  31. benztyper

My Milano Red CTR

Thats a nice paint job Si. :smt023
  32. benztyper

haha yeah, ive had stuff delivered to work before so i dont miss the delivery at home. Sounds like the oven for your lights then. Unless you can get some dry second hand ones and polish them up on the cheap. You must be after something very specialized for Romax to say no, keep your old...
  33. benztyper

Cool, so I used Wonder Wheels in Redcar but I'm struggling to find there web site so I'll have a drive past tomorrow to check they are still in business, Another one is Romax UK based in Stockton, they have a web site but it's under construction lol, they are on facebook too.... I used these...
  34. benztyper

Hi mate, the headlight kit was from ebay.... link below: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=quixx+headlight&_sop=15 I used the tegiwa solid shifter bushes, not a difficult job but it is a little fiddly, I think Jimbo did a how to guide either in the how to section or on...
  35. benztyper

Now then stranger, again it depends where in yorkshire you are but if your north yorkshire there are a couple of places on teeside, I paid £50 to strip, repaire and powder coat each wheel but that was for just one colour.
  36. benztyper

Just uploaded a drive by on the pit straight at Croft Circuit.... love that roar. https://youtu.be/HknFrWi4W58
  37. benztyper

So i've had a brakes nightmare, booked on a track day for 4th September and had some new premiere front calipers on order (the ones with Type R Embossed on them) but they didn't turn up in time. So I decided to just swap the front pads for the track day and found this: [/URL][/IMG] and that...
  38. benztyper

LOL so it's not boss? Looking very clean mate, very jealous of your stone chip free bumper.
  39. benztyper

I had a similar experience with the tooth paste method only lasting a few weeks, I just used some stuff which came with a polish compound and sealer which lasts 3 months (then just re apply more sealer). Might be worth a look think it was called Quixx but it's on my build thread. Looking...
  40. benztyper

My 30th Anniversary EP3 build

I went for Yellow Stuff pads on mine, EBC recommend them for smaller cars like civic's and red stuff for bigger cars. Not sure why lol. Fitted HEL lines to mine this week, they are class.
  41. benztyper

D4N H's 2008 FN2 GT (NHB)

Nice car mate, shame about the delivery lorry, Have you sold your 30th Anniversary?
  42. benztyper

Caliper Overhaul/Service

Thanks for that info mate.
  43. benztyper

Caliper Overhaul/Service

Any tips for getting the piston back in?
  44. benztyper

I agree, still trying to find the limits on mine haha.
  45. benztyper

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

Strong statement for a Type R forum lol I'd say the FK2 might be classed as blisteringly fast after the ecu is hacked.
  46. benztyper

A bit of headlight TLC today, I did think about an upgrade to facelift lights but with it been an Anniversary model I decided to keep them standard. So working with what I've got I purchased a Quixx headlight restoration kit. I know people are raving about the 3m kit but this one was only...
  47. benztyper

Very nice mate.... coilovers next apparently haha.
  48. benztyper

Croft 4th September 2015 105 dB Track Day

Just booked onto a Javelin Track Day at Croft on the 4th September if anyone else is going?
  49. benztyper

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Wow Jimbo, that looks class. Well done sir. :smt023
  50. benztyper

Thanks User1martyn, i'll try as funds allow lol. Yeah Jimbo, got the solid shifter bushes fitted, they made a noticable diffrence too. I got the BuddyClub shifter on fleabay. Always fancied trying knockhill, croft is fast but I fancy something more technical next year.... to be fair though...
  51. benztyper

30th looking very smart N77, I like the DC5 pedals.... I might be pinching that idea. :smt023 Keep up the hard work.
  52. benztyper

CheatsIP5 JDM EP3

Nice example mate, When I first got mine I took it to Honda for a free health check, you don't need to use them for anything they find but it's a good starting point if your not sure about it's history.
  53. benztyper

Yeah driving like I've nicked it haha. The gear shift has improved a lot, short, tight with a reassuring notch into gears, but I think to finish it off I need to splash out on a skunk2 gear knob. You still need to get yours on track Jimbo, she's screaming track car with that fresh stripped...
  54. benztyper

Well I spent the day at Revolution Gateshead having Eibach Pro Springs, Eibach rear camber arms and front camber bolts fitted. Also full race setup: -1.0 deg camber all round, 2mm toe in at the rear and 1mm toe out on the front. It's made a massive difference to the whole car, the handling is...
  55. benztyper

Not much happening with the 30th over the past few months, fitted an oil pressure gauge and vacuum gauge. Also got around to fitting my Amp and speakers, I fitted the Amp under the drivers seat to keep it out the way. The gauges have stepper motor's so they have a start and stop sequence they...
  56. benztyper

Pete, Do you know what has happened to Honda Tuner Mag? Been expecting my July/August Issue and can't even get onto the web site now?
  57. benztyper

I hope you manage to keep the EP3 Pete, your efforts inspire alot of idea's. Could you follow Jimbo's example and go for a run around (like a Polo TDi) and keep the EP3 for summer weekends?
  58. benztyper

EP3 Gear Box Top Mount

Glad to be of help, forgot to mention..... do not be tempted to trim the inserts, Powerflex have made them slightly to big for a reason. The pressure of the insert flanges against the bracket gives the mount its strength, if you trim them then no pressure to strengthen the mount.
  59. benztyper

EP3 Gear Box Top Mount

Felt a bit better, but I already had engine mounts done which was a massive improvement so can't really say how much better it would be as a first mount upgrade. No I didn't support the box, it's bolted to the engine so only moved about 8mm, mind as above my engine mounts where already...
  60. benztyper

Time to get a few little jobs done that I have been putting off..... Powerflex Gear Box top mount fitted this evening, hands cut to peaces and a little 'How To' guide added to the forum for anyone else wanting to do this. [/URL][/IMG]
  61. benztyper

EP3 Gear Box Top Mount

I struggled to find a 'How To' fit gear box mount poly bush inserts for my EP3 so I took a couple of photos to help anybody else wanting to try this little modification. I fitted Powerflex inserts. First you will need to remove your Battery and Air Filter Box, I managed without removing my...
  62. benztyper

o2 sensor wireing checks

So the wiring all checked out ok but still getting a fault when I give the car a good blast out. It's a low voltage error and some digging on the internet has told me the voltage drops as the emissions rise then the ecu cuts back on fuel to drop emissions till the voltage rises again then it...
  63. benztyper

Dc sports race header

Yeah it's an old issue ive had a few months, bank 1 sensor 1 low voltage, definatly pre cat because post cat was removed with remap. I thought I had fixed it with a genuine oem part £178 from tegiwa, but it's back so now i'm looking at wiring.
  64. benztyper

Full Exteria Detail: [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] Love that NHB Shine
  65. benztyper

Little update on my Lambda sensor issues, I thought I fixed it but the 2nd hand one failed so I splashed out on a new one, but the same issue which is a low voltage fault code on bank 1 sensor 1. So a week before my MOT I took TDi Norths advice and checked all the wires. I cleaning all the...
  66. benztyper

Dc sports race header

Ignore my MOT fail, I have lambda sensor issues making my Annie run rich lol, a relief in one way but a wiring issue somewhere ](*,)
  67. benztyper

Cheers mate, I went for the Matt Anthracite rather than having a shine on them and I was very impressed with the look, I think Bronze looks nice on the NHB's too.
  68. benztyper

Dc sports race header

True but a bottle of £10 additive wont fix a decat fail lol and cheaper than £2000 for a new dc5 setup. Every set up has it's pros and cons and if everyone did the same thing it would all be abit boring. Do your homework and pick whats best for what you want.... simples.
  69. benztyper

MOT day Yesterday :hide: She failed on emissions the o2 reading came out at 0.2% with the piper sports cat. My mechanic added some fuel additive then it sailed through :woot: Next year i'll add the additive before the MOT haha.
  70. benztyper

Dc sports race header

Hi sorry for late reply, had a busy week. Had my type r through an MOT yesterday and it failed on emissions with the piper sports cat, however my mechanic added some fuel adative and it sailed through so I just need to add that before next time. Paul at TDi North just said the piper header...
  71. benztyper

Dc sports race header

I have a Piper Header, Sports Cat and Cat Back with a Tegiwa Induction kit and a K100 fitted and remapped by tdi north, I got 234 bhp and was told I could get 240 bhp with a skunk 2 inlet manifold. The only issue I had was the guys at tdi north slated my Piper header so might be worth...
  72. benztyper

MY first of many EP3! Newbie

Welcome, looks a nice clean car..... What is the spec list for all the mods?
  73. benztyper

This arrived yesterday....... Latest impulse buy [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] Fitted with Tegiwa Solid Bushes [/URL][/IMG] Very impressed with the 40% throw reduction, going to do a few other bits while the center console is out.
  74. benztyper

o2 sensor wireing checks

A bit of back ground, I had a new exhaust fitted with sports cat back in Feb, the old o2 sensor was jamed so the garage fitted an after market special from euro car parts, the week after I took it to TDi North for a k100 and at that point the o2 sensor failed. we put it down to it been cheap...
  75. benztyper

Loxy's Type R #4

Nice work Loxy, bet she goes and handles like a dream, any clues on whats next? I think I will have to move closer to Grinspeed lol
  76. benztyper

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

I'm running EBC yellow stuff in the front and brembo in the rear, the yellow stuff are epic when up to temperature but havent lasted that long I think i'll try brembo in the front too, I've also got drilled and grooved discs. I would reccomend the grooves but if you go for drilled go for top...
  77. benztyper

Removed the top wing bolts and head light bolts last night, they had gone rusty so instead of buying new ones I cleaned them up and sprayed them black, a quick effective fix and cheap. [/URL][/IMG] Also pleased to say my Air Con is still performing well and just booked into Honda for a Service...
  78. benztyper

My Cosmic Grey Premier Edition Type R

Looking nice mate, be careful of those tires when you get your rims done, had mine powder coated anthracite but Falken tires fit the same and they don't protect the rim at all... I know from experience :noseblow: Your recline lever would of gone the same as every other 30th anniversary and...
  79. benztyper

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

Nice mate, good to see an EP3 mixing it up with the big guns..... can i suggest a brake fluid change and uprated discs and pads for next time lol
  80. benztyper

Little update: It's been a busy few weeks doing some preventative maintenance on Annie. I have been knocking as much surface rust as I can off the chassie, there wasnt much but thought at 12 years old best to get it done. I then painted some rust treatment on the bare metal and then painted...
  81. benztyper

Very nice Trix, who's is the teg?
  82. benztyper

Hi Trix, fantastic price for your rocker cover. I hope your friend is going to help with the cost of the rubber they picked off lol. Don't worry about your car, under the dirt is that gleaming paint and that 200bhp engine...... smiles for miles. I have had the opposite problem recently, to...
  83. benztyper

No More Eibach Spring Kits for EP3!!!

Thanks Loxy, Seems the lad i was talking to a Revolution doesnt know his part numbers (he said those part numbers are only for the EP2) coupled with a few sites I visited that didn't supply them either. Few options there so i can breath easy and carry on as planned.
  84. benztyper

No More Eibach Spring Kits for EP3!!!

So I decided to price up a set of Eibach Pro springs, camber arms and bolts for my EP3 only to find they have stopped manufacturing them. I can still find sets on ebay but is it worth looking at other brands? Revolution recomended using TEIN as an alternative. Any feedback or ideas will be...
  85. benztyper

Bad news guys. Eibach have stopped making spring kits for the EP3 :noseblow: which I was very gutted about on saturday when I was trying to price a set up. Has anyone fitted TEIN springs or had any experiance with them or knows any body with them? Or any advice on other springs that are...
  86. benztyper

Epic car Pete, the JDM seats are so much better than standard ones, really need to get mine as clean as yours. What's next?
  87. benztyper

Had an Air-con weekend mainly. When I got the car it wasn't working, had it serviced by Honda last year and they couldn't find a leak but it was only holding pressure for a day. They suggested a new condenser but could not guarantee a fix and at over £500 I left it. Last week I managed to get...
  88. benztyper

McSherryMan's EP3

They didn't give me a model, but TDI North have a thread on here you could ask the question, I'm on suspension before I look at my manifold.
  89. benztyper

McSherryMan's EP3

Nope, that's why Paul suggested it to me, straight swop but you'll see more bhp with an intake first.
  90. benztyper

McSherryMan's EP3

TDI North recommended I get a Skunk 2 Inlet manifold, bit expensive though. What your new intake pipe needs is a Tegiwa Induction Kit, I promise it will make you grin from ear to ear.
  91. benztyper

My first car CTR '05 plate NHB

Nice looking car, enjoy driving rings around your partners Aygo haha
  92. benztyper

I take 2 spare wheels, socket set, trolly jack, power bar, pump, few screw drivers, oil and my AA membership card lol.
  93. benztyper

So do you carry a 12mm ring spanner with you at all times? lol
  94. benztyper

Good little DIY job done this week, handbrake adjusted. A very simple little job. [/URL][/IMG] Also gave the inertia a good clean out and thought it worth including a new ecu pic.... [/URL][/IMG]
  95. benztyper

The latest track day went well at Croft Circuit, very happy with the performance but i defiantly need to focus a lot more on handling before looking for more ponies under the bonnet. My dB reading was 98 so the new exhaust was fine and the remap with launch control meant I could only rev to 4k...
  96. benztyper

Watch me at "Croft lap track day 20-03-15" on YouTube

I'm running 234 bhp thanks to a full piper exhaust system including header and sports cat, tegiwa induction kit and Hondata K100 mapped by tdi-north. Not had frsu done as its totally standard suspension wise, the only handling mods I have is upper front strut brace and rear low tie bar. I'm...
  97. benztyper

MOT ADVISORY

New rear link arms adjust the handbrake are DIY jobs and new tyre all easy fix's.... Oil leak depends where its leaking from.
  98. benztyper

True, but I bet you could pick it up it was that light, I was in the garage next to him so picked his brains abit about set up. Yeah good mix, I was there with the mk2 Escort, Leon Cupra and Focus Cosworth. I need to sort my suspension out and look at some track tyres, I have enough power...
  99. benztyper

Nicley done mate. I was there in the NHB 30th Anniversary with gold wheels. It was a fantastic day.... Had no chance against Carl Swift in his Civic Cup EP3!
  100. benztyper

My EP3 with leather seats

I had mine powder coated and you can't powder coat plastic so I got some carbon fiber stickers with the H on them from ebay, only about £10 so not too bad if I need to replace them every couple of years. Powder coating lasts longer and just needs a wipe with hot soapy water to clean.
Back