• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ricki1985

Ep3 Drop links geo question

I’m going install new hard race front and rear drop links on my ep3 soon, after installing is it required to get the geo checked and adjusted again? Or should it be ok? Cheers
  2. Ricki1985

Vibra Technics engine mounts EP3

Anyone installed the vibra technics engine mounts on there Ep3 or dc5? If so what’s your opinion/review on them? Are they worth the money? Cheers
  3. Ricki1985

EP3 removing heat shields

Morning all, I’m thinking of removing my heat shields from all the brakes as there all very rotten and started catching on the front discs. One on the rear has already completely rotted off. My question is? Do they actually matter? Will I need to buy new ones? Or will they be ok without...
  4. Ricki1985

Thread title change

Hi everyone, Can you change a thread title once started? If so how do you do this? As I couldn’t find the answer on the forum.Cheers in advance for any help / advice.
  5. Ricki1985

FN2 double din and amp install advice

Has anyone got a how to guide on installing a aftermarket double din sterio and amp into the fn2? Also with the kit below is it an easy enough home install? ( does it effect OEM digital displays ect or will it be ok with this kit? )...
  6. Ricki1985

After radiator and coolant change major problem, please help.

I’ve changed my radiator and coolant today as I had a small leak on the radiator. Everything is back together and just like before however Ive come to fill with coolant and filled via the radiator cap like most people recommend and now gone to start the car to let it warm up and release any air...
  7. Ricki1985

EP3 Radiator removal / change

Anyone got a decent how to guide on changing the radiator in the ep3. Mines developed a slight leak so just ordered a new Tegiwa aluminium one. Is it an easy enough job? Cheers
  8. Ricki1985

Quaife vs MFactory LSD

As title says, which is the better LSD to go for in people’s opinion/experience. The LSD I would go for is helical not plate due to me only doing a few track days a year and mostly road use.
  9. Ricki1985

Suspension springs popping / jumping when turning at slow speeds

Hi guys . As the title states my springs pop / jump in the shocks when turning at low speeds , it’s done this for a few months now. Spraying wd40 in the bottom of the shock helps for a few days but then it starts again is there a long term solution to fixing this / what’s wrong? Springs and...
  10. Ricki1985

Engine and gearbox mount inserts

Sorry if this has been covered before but has anyone got a how to guild with pictures on how to install engine and gearbox mount inserts? Is it an easy job to do? Thanks in advance.
  11. Ricki1985

Aqua gleam filters

Anybody used or have a aqua gleam water filter? Are they any good, do they work? Found the small ones on demon tweeks below link at a good price...
  12. Ricki1985

Strut brace front and rear opinion and advise ep3

On my EP3, I currently have eibach pro lowering springs, rear honda Jdm ARB, arb poly bushes and fast road set up done by TI motorsport, my questions are: Is it worth getting a decent front and rear strut brace / bar and if so after I potentially install both of these would it affect my FRST...
  13. Ricki1985

Removing rear subframe bar in engine bay behind engine

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/partscatalog/catalog/listing/catalog/hondacars/modelid/9814/block/17S5T501/blockref/B__4800/ Hi guys , I’m thinking of removing the following part so I can replace with new or clean up and repaint listed on lings Honda ( above link ) it’s part number 9 which is...
  14. Ricki1985

Ep3 secondary o2 sensor question

I was driving back from work the other night and there was a dead dear around the corner, I could not avoid it and drove straight over it? Luckily it was small so no damage was caused to my front bumper ect, however after looking under the car today, I have discovered my secondary o2 sensor has...
  15. Ricki1985

Ricki’s Daily FN2 Type R nighthawk Black

After owning my daily vw polo 1.2 petrol 2008 for nearly 7 years I wanted a change, plus it’s had a hard life as twice a week I take my ep3 to work and obviously the two cars are worlds apart. So decided to go for a FN2 Type r as my new daily. After looking at a fair few that were covered in...
  16. Ricki1985

PBS brake pads EP3 road use occasional track use

Hi , sorry if this has been covered before but is it ok to use Front PBS brake pads on my ep3 that I use a couple of days a week / weekend car and occasional track use? Or are they purely track use only?
  17. Ricki1985

EP3 front right spring popping noise

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MJhIFbRktls The video above shows my issue. On the drivers side spring it makes a loud popping noise when turning at slow speeds and when stationary. As you can see in the video as you turn the wheel the spring pops up and down and makes a loud knocking...
  18. Ricki1985

ZX1 Friction Eliminator

As the title says, ZX1 friction eliminator, has anyone used it in engine oil or transmission? If so does it work/ do you notice any difference. Cheers.
  19. Ricki1985

Eggs thrown at cars

Heads up to everyone. The new thing for thieving b******s to do is to throw an egg at your car so your automatic reaction is to stop and get out the car to check if there’s damage and to wipe it off etc. As people are getting out the car thieves are steeling the cars or stealing phones handbags...
  20. Ricki1985

Best ep3 window wind deflectors?

Sorry if this has been covered before! But what's people's opinions and experiences of the best wind deflectors for the EP3?
  21. Ricki1985

Calipers rattle after fitting new project mu ns400 pads?

Hi guys, As the title says, I've noticed my front calipers rattle after fitting project mu ns400 pads. Is this normal? Everything is torqued up to the correct setting etc. I noticed that the discs also look like they have not been wearing even either as you can see in my video link below...
  22. Ricki1985

Subwoofer under seat with built in amp watts confusion?

I'm thinking of buying an under seat subwoofer but putting it in the boot. My question is what does the out put watts actually mean? There is a vibe subwoofer and amp combo on the internet with a peak output of 900watts however there is a similar Alpine one but the out put is 150watts Both...
  23. Ricki1985

Budweg brake calipers

Any thoughts on Budweg brake calipers for ep3? Has anyone fitted these to there cars? They say on the website there supposed to be fully refurbished calipers ( Nissin ) they are only £72 for each rear caliper thought this was a good price if they are genuine refurbished Nissin calipers? Cheers
  24. Ricki1985

Best ep3 brake set up for a good price but using standard calipers

I'm hoping to upgrade my brakes after Christmas and was asking advice for the best set up for the ep3. I use my ep3 mostly on the road but some track time also. The current brakes are OEM and changed the calipers recently for new OEM Honda ones but ideally want new discs, pads, brake lines, and...
  25. Ricki1985

The best snow foam

Hello , any suggestions for the best snow foam to use? / what's everyone else using? Cheers
  26. Ricki1985

Will a civic fk2 type r spoiler fit / bolt on to fk2 civic sport?

Hi guys, Not sure if anyone can answer my question, but my wife has a civic sport fk2 2016 ( pic attached ) she has seen available from Honda extras a carbon spoiler with rally red ends. Does anyone know if this will bolt on the civic sport existing spoiler? Thanks for any help in advance.
  27. Ricki1985

Autoglym deep shine polish and ultimate wax I would recommended for black cars

Just I few pics of the result after using Autoglym ultra deep shine polish and then autoglym ultimate wax. it took about 4 hours hard labour but worth it and worth the money in my option. Plus I now have a right arm like Popeye after all the circular motion:lol:
  28. Ricki1985

K100 is it worth having?

Hi , I'm thinking of booking in with TDI North for k100 and map soon. I have an ep3 with skunk 2 megapower r cat back and ITG maxogen induction. Is it worth getting done? Do you feel a big difference? cheers.
  29. Ricki1985

Clutch high biting point

Hi guys. Just wondering if anyone else has a high biting point on ep3 clutch? Mine seems to have got higher and higher in the past few months? I had a new oem clutch put in 3000miles ago? Can you adjust it in any way? cheers
  30. Ricki1985

Engine management light on

Hi everyone, my engine management light came on last night and won't switch off. Car drives fine still. The only thing is that I cleaned my throttle body and iacv about 100 miles ago. Do you think it could relate to this? I'm just wondering if the TPS or something has bin disturbed? Has anyone...
  31. Ricki1985

Is it worth cleaning throttle body?

Hi, is it worth cleaning my throttle body and Idle control valve? Is it easy to do and what cleaner would anyone recommend? My ep3 has 82k on the clock and sometimes when warmed up I get random hesitation! Has anyone else experienced this? cheers
  32. Ricki1985

Ep3 front Caliper referb kits

I am wanting to referb my front brake calipers soon. Does anybody know if the referb kits on eBay that come with new pistons are any good or should I just order genuine referb kits from tegiwa and use the OEM Pistons but just clean them up? cheers.
  33. Ricki1985

Skunk 2 megapower R vibration against chassis

I've recently installed a skunk 2 megapower R exhaust on my ep3, it sounds great but after driving for about 15mins / the exhaust heats up, it's starts to vibrate and rattle against the chassis near the front section just after the cat. Could any one tell me if I purchase some universal power...
  34. Ricki1985

eBay fog lights ep3

Does anyone know or fitted the fog light kits on eBay from the United States to ep3 facelift? There about £40.00 i have fog lights installed already but there smashed and full of grit, the genuine kits are a bit steep at £250.00 Cheers.
  35. Ricki1985

Carbon wrap fuse box

Heres my wife's brilliant handy work. Carbon effect wrap of my ep3 fuse box:)
  36. Ricki1985

Skunk 2 megapower r fitting

Has anyone fitted A skunk 2 megapower r 70mm to a oem cat on ep3? I've heard you have to notch out the car bolt holes? Is this easy enough to do on ramps at home your self or are you better off getting a garage to do it? Also to notch out the bolt holes do have to take the cat off or can it be...
  37. Ricki1985

ITG MAXOGEN HUM

Just a quick question to any other people who have an Itg Or had one. Does anyone else's make a slight hum / fan sucking noise?
  38. Ricki1985

ITG MAXOGEN fitted, well impressive.

Just fitted my ITG, attached a couple of pics. Performance is great. Pulls harder and torque is impressive. i like the deep yet subtle growl it makes to. Great bit of kit. Advise to anyone.:)
  39. Ricki1985

Best place to buy ITG Maxogen

Hi all, Anybody know the best place to buy a new ITG Maxogen for ep3. thanks,
  40. Ricki1985

Itg maxogen intake

Hi, im thinking of getting an Itg maxogen induction after Xmas. does anyone have one of these kits installed? What do they sound like and are the gains noticeable? i can't find a sound clip anywhere inside and outside the car on a Ep3. If anyone's got a vid that would but great?:o
  41. Ricki1985

Some times it's the small things that make a difference

Purchased these off ebay got them fitted today. :lol: Thought I would take some before and after shots.
  42. Ricki1985

Ep3 front fog lights not working? How to remove bulbs?

Does anyone know how to change the front fog light bulbs / lenses on ep3 face lift 2005 do you have to remove the whole bumper or can you remove just the lower part of the bumper? cheers guys, Ricki
  43. Ricki1985

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Hope you like it. Cheers, Ricki:)
Back