• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. DSS199

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Just sent you a payment for 3 external stickers
  2. DSS199

Eibach Pro Kit fitted, steering knock now present!

Well mine seems to have settled on its own, so I am keeping an eye out for it coming back....
  3. DSS199

Silenced sportex b pipe and back box too loud?

Ok, I didn't mind the noise but changes in work mean more time on motorways at which poin it drives me mad, might try a standard back box first before I replace the mid section as that is only 500 miles old
  4. DSS199

Silenced sportex b pipe and back box too loud?

Hi guys, i hwge had the car for a while now and it has a sportex silenced b pipe and back box. My issue being is its not as loud as most but it's loud in the midrange and really annoying. Would changing the back box to standard quieten it down or is it the midsection?
  5. DSS199

My not so pride and joy!

i appreciate that offer, even though your not super local. Your more than welcome to cone look at it, tut a bit and say it's fooked
  6. DSS199

ok thanks will have a look, but my only issue is all was find before I had the work done.
  7. DSS199

how could they be installed wrong?
  8. DSS199

My not so pride and joy!

i know what you mean but I have not had one day where it has worked since Feb and everything has needed work or replacing, I can't afford to send much more on it as I have already had to spend more than 2 grand on just making it drive right.
  9. DSS199

and yes they came with the sleeves, sorry its bee a long day
  10. DSS199

The Knock is only at the front end and has only started since I did the new shocks etc, and the anti roll links were just on fronts as the rears were in way better condition.
  11. DSS199

My not so pride and joy!

Thanks fella, i appreciate that as i'm struggling to see positives at the moment
  12. DSS199

My not so pride and joy!

Well a little update folks, The saga continues, had new shocks, eibach pro kit springs, camber arms, camber bolts, top mounts, drop links fitted last week and hooray the knock over bumps have gone, but a new noise has developed....... :mad: So i have posted in the suspension section for those...
  13. DSS199

Good evening chaps, Some of you may have seen my previous post about dead shocks on the front of my EP3, well since then i have fitted honda shocks, eibach pro kit springs, tegiwa camber arms and bolts, New top mount, New Arb drop links and bushes. Well since having this and the alignment done...
  14. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Well changed the drop links and found the top mount I had changed less than a thousand miles ago had a fault so changed that. All I have noise wise is a knock at low speed when turning left to right
  15. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

I have new anti roll D bushes
  16. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Help guys, i have fitted new Honda shocks(today, and the car has nearly new top mounts and wishbone and ball joints (less than 1000 miles) and I still have knocking over pot holes, the knock is better and less metallic but still pound and now dull. I was advised to try anti roll links next and...
  17. DSS199

Knocking Noise over Potholes or humps

i have new top mounts and wishbones
  18. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Cool, think I have a plan
  19. DSS199

I have checked the ball joints, track rod etc so it must be the play in the shock
  20. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Playing with the idea of eibach pro springs at the same time, is it essential to have adjustable rear camber arms or not? I gather on the ep3 the drop is 15mm according to eibach themselves?
  21. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

I couldn't find shocks on Hendy, so will have to give them a call
  22. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Cox are offering genuine Honda shock for £270, didn't find Hendy performance on my google search, will give it a go now
  23. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

I have searched plenty of parts places, but only found cox motor parts at £270 ish for the set of fronts
  24. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

If it's still used parts I have been stung before, at least if it's new it's under warranty.
  25. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

only issue is based of previous experience that a used set can be as bad as or the same as what your taking off, yo have no idea what condition they are in without trusting the seller. I wasted money on 2 sets of used shocks in the past so I stay away.
  26. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

sounds like im going to start looking at genuine shocks again
  27. DSS199

VTEC Solenoid Gasket

Thanks fella
  28. DSS199

VTEC Solenoid Gasket

Bugger so not as easy as I had hoped
  29. DSS199

Had my valve clearance done today

Anyone know anyone around Derbyshire region who knows there stuff and doesn't charge silly money?
  30. DSS199

My not so pride and joy!

Thanks loxy I have gained plenty of insight and knowledge thanks to you already guys, but I need to have the time and calm down a little before I wright the story lol. All I can say is don't buy of a mate, even if you think you can trust them. There little info on my post on suspension and...
  31. DSS199

My not so pride and joy!

hello, i have been a member since early this year and had my civic since Feb 16, and I'm sad to say it's been a bit of a nightmare since day one! But I'll save that for another time. Only 700 miles since I got it! but I wanted to share a picture and say hello as a newbie! [/URL][/IMG]...
  32. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

thanks for that mate, really appreciate your thoughts. its what forums are all about.
  33. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Thankd for the info, plus I don't do many miles st all so there longevity won't be as much of an issue. I heard sach are renowned for breaking (found this out after having them replaced) and I have had good experiences with bilstien in the past. the Sachs in the rear are a little bouncy but...
  34. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Called Honda chesterfield, it's over £300 plus vat, having spent so much I can't justify it, what's other people's thoughts on option a genuine shocks and biting the bullet option b coilovers decent but I don't have much to spend. Option c best oem ones? (Is it how long they last for or the...
  35. DSS199

Need wheel refurbishment in Chesterfield area

I had heard you had used them from someone, sounds like a good deal compared to local places to me, did you do the £20 a wheel deal or something more?
  36. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

New air filter for aem intake oil change as it was desperately in need clutch change as the clutch was wearing through the rivets new front wishbones engine mount inserts new top mounts garage fitted new rear Sachs shocks to get it through the MOT new plugs new sportex mid section as it was...
  37. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

I haven't posted them on here to much as its been a though trip since buying the car in Feb and I have only done 600 maybe 700 miles if that. bought the car off a friend who I trusted, and pretty much got a lemon, but all my saving and spare cash spent I'm stuck with it. I will try and...
  38. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Yeah they are just genuinely expensive lol, and with all the other issues I have had to fix has left me tight for cash.
  39. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Ah so not too bad then, will make some calls tomorrow. been reading bad reviews on bilstien **'s, Sachs and meyle. So nervous about wasting money. Wish the garage hadn't fitted Sachs to the rear now....
  40. DSS199

VTEC Solenoid Gasket

Any idea how to change the lower filter for the vtec system? Plenty of guides on this one but I can't find anything on the lower?
  41. DSS199

Climair wind deflectors

Might have to buy a set, there more expensive than team heko but I gather there better, so I have a new set and used set of team heko going on the for sale soon lol
  42. DSS199

Been told to go to city powder coaters in Birmingham and friends said they have done a decent job. Anyone used them?
  43. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

After a lot of thought anyone know the cost of genuine shocks from Honda by chance before I call honda? i imagine there not going to be cheap and after all the money I have had to Plow into the car i can't afford to pay to much as its a case of getting the car driving well.
  44. DSS199

EP3 wheel nuts inc locking

Thanks for for the update, I have bought them! Nice and shiney new
  45. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

I only use the car as a weekend car and genuine Honda parts can be ridiculous cost wise, bought a pcv valve recently Honda price for type r as near as dam it £50, all my other cars they have been around £20. genuine slider pins for the front cost just under £50, Honda know how to mark up prices...
  46. DSS199

Only complete set I have found were the black ones and there £140 a set, apart from the fact I want silver that's a bit pricy.
  47. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Could that be the source of my knocking as the rest of the components, arb, ball joints, rack etc seem fine? I have new wishbones, top mounts. Also so I can get meyle or bilstien is , there is a small price difference, is there a big quality difference?
  48. DSS199

Hi guys, i am looking at refurbishing the genuine ep3 alloys and getting new tyres, therefore I will probably get rid of my team dynamic pro race 1.2 set of rims, does this mean I will need new wheel nuts to suit the genuine rims? and if so where is best to buy a set of 16 with 4 locking...
  49. DSS199

Front shock dead??? EP3

Hi guys, seems to be a regular thing to have non stop issues with my car, whilst trying to find a knock from the front left of my car I noticed a little play while wiggling the alloy wheel, finally found it and it has play and its when the weight is fully off the car on the ramp, the play is...
  50. DSS199

Ep3 new clutch developed annoying noise

Going to see him on Saturday, thanks for the input.
  51. DSS199

Not sure what clutch it was, he said it was the same as what Honda Fit without the Honda price
  52. DSS199

Only when letting the clutch out to set off in 1st, just after the bite point.
  53. DSS199

Window channel buggered up

I got quoted around £45 each from Honda, doubt unless you find a online seller with less overheads, but there not many around.
  54. DSS199

Climair wind deflectors

I have a set of team heko, and there awful and don't stay in place, hear these versions don't use metal clips so are better, so thinking of getting some, do the fit snug hence no clips?
  55. DSS199

Leak in the boot....

Have a similar issue anywhere else worth looking ?
  56. DSS199

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Just fitted a sportex silenced mid section and it's nicer than standard, and frees up some more response, but as its mild steel it's not got durability, would have bought stainless if I had the money but this will do plus it is raspy. I also had none of the fitting issues others have.
  57. DSS199

teraclean, good or bad

I would love to hear from someone who had there type r actually done, been looking at having the standard terra clean and intake clean as my ep3 has 130,000 on the clock. If you do go for it I will update on here just hoping to hear from someone who has actually done it.
  58. DSS199

I had a new clutch fitted and all seemed well, but now I have a strange noise whilst setting off particularly on a incline, I posted a 3 second audio clip, and yes it sounds like a brake but this happens even with the brakes off, I have checked and all brakes are not stuck on, and it's definalyy...
  59. DSS199

What at would you look for just to clarify, I looked at mine due to similar symptoms but mine sounds like it's the passenger front wheel. When the car is up in the air there no signs of leaks or damage, but there is a very small amount of play when at full extension with all the weight hanging.
  60. DSS199

I had a small accident whilst taking my team dynamic pro race wheel off the civic and my knee popped and the wheel landed face down, needless to say it has very light damage but it annoys me. So I'm looking for a recommendation for a place that can repaint my one wheel so it colour matches or...
  61. DSS199

EP3 Standard Header heat shield rusted away

I will PM you for details fella, thanks again
  62. DSS199

Hi party an, thanks for the offer. is it the heat shield you have? And yes please mate if it's possible.
  63. DSS199

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and have bought a 2002 Civic Type R about 2 months ago, I noticed today I have a noise whilst initially accelerating and decelerating, i have just fitted the energy suspension and power flex mounts to the gearbox hoping that this would fix the excessive play with...
Back