• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

FK8 Oil light coming on!!

Yep why i stopped and went in the dealer. With the fun roads in Somerset I'd have been really p***ed off if I'd have to take it east!! Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  2. S

FK8 Oil light coming on!!

I'm on holiday this week and on the drive down the motorway the check oil message came up. I checked the oil Monday and it was good. So I quickly pulled over on hard shoulder to make sure it wasn't an emergency and I hadn't lost all the oil. Looked ok so kept going to the nearest service...
  3. S

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Oh and on the interior the dash on the FK8 is more modern but theres something i really like about the FK2. When it comes down to it you pay your money and make your choice. It won't be long before they both look old and dated so just enjoy 2 really good cars!! Sent from my SM-G965F using...
  4. S

I have to say after owning both i love both but the FK8 is the better car but for some strange reason the FK2 felt more special that might just be me as it was the first Type R *** owned. To live with and to drive especially on long journeys the FK8 is and feels the better car. Sent from my...
  5. S

I did to the dealers but i think if what i think caused it it is obvious it didn't happen any time recently. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  6. S

Yep i think it happened in the summer with the hot temperatures. As it's not a big thing thought I'd leave it until i get it serviced. As soon as they said it wasn't covered i said I'd take it to Honda UK, and they said that's my best bet as they couldn't do anything now Honda UK has declined...
  7. S

My bonnet scoop has dropped slightly on one side. Took the car in for a service today and was told Honda won't cover it as it's been left too long!. I know others have had the same problem, if you have got it done under warranty have you got any advice. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  8. S

I know i got a ex demo so not new but when it comes down to it I prefer to lose money on a Honda than have a overpriced Ford!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji12] Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  9. S

Theres a thread on here somewhere about it. I used to read every thing about the FK2 when i had one. Now i have a FK8 as can be expected I'm more interested in that. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  10. S

Their early FK2's had a problem with i think was oil temp gauge stopping working that was traced to the wiring loom. So that one may not be their fault ;p Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  11. S

Yep i think a very loud word was had at the time. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  12. S

Its a good idea when i had my FK2 serviced the DashCam pick them up washing the car with a broom!!!! Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  13. S

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Long term they will be very sought after with such a limited run but how long that will take and where the cost levels out is anybody's guess. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  14. S

Dam one of my friends is getting rid of his GTI with the performance pack for a GTE. I was taking the ****, think im going to have to rethink that. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  15. S

The gte has a 0-62 of 7.6 should have walked it. Unless you're talking rolling start and then i'm amazed, as that's what the CTR is good at. Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  16. S

Lol the oil maybe? Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  17. S

This weekend doing a 1000 mile round trip in the FK8 im not sure I would want to have done it in the FK2 most of that is down to me been a fat git but the adaptive cruise control and comfort mode does make long hours on the motorway a lot easier. Then hit the Scottish Highlands flick it in to...
  18. S

Will be picking this up Wednesday Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  19. S

My FK2 doesn't use a drop. Haven't had to top up at all between services still check it regular just to be on the safe side. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  20. S

Have booked a test drive in a FK8 see how it compares to my FK2. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  21. S

Sorry just realised I'm in the wrong chat I've put them on my Fk2. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  22. S

It's what I've put on mine. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  23. S

They do after the 0-60 and the Type r does ok in that. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  24. S

I think its going to come down to what some one wants, some people like the harder core feel. But i think Loxy is right. Evan though i dont particularly like the looks of the FK8 ill think ill be looking at one once my 3 years is up on my FK2. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  25. S

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Mmmmm dam I'd decided on the ps4s. Lol dont know again now. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  26. S

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Ok need to ask your advice. I need to replace the front tyres. Was thinking is it worth changing all 4 to the ps4s even through they're more money as i hope they would last longer. Also is there any benefit to going 245? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  27. S

With only 2500 for the uk the fk2 will be the rare one.
  28. S

I tryed to post this earlier to face book group and as i did the post got pulled from Honda so no idea what's going o with them Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  29. S

FK2 Consider getting the fk2

Must be the dealers you went to as the one i went to was as good as normal. Iv seen a few people with gear box problems to but think its a low number the others with better knowledge than me will be able to tell you about that. All ill say is i love my fk2 there's a lot more knowledge on here...
  30. S

FK2 Consider getting the fk2

Iv had my fk2 for a year now and can say i still love it. For reliability all i can say its a Honda. Yes the Paint on Honda isn't the best and will suffer from stone chips. as for security unlike ford i haven't herd of a big problem with them been stolen but i stand to be corrected on that. iv...
  31. S

FK2 love that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDDAh-tnJYM go to love that!!
  32. S

Wonder if its down to the lower octane petrol ? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  33. S

95 is fine but with a turbocharged engines you can get good gains from higher. Have a look on YouTube there are a couple of videos that show you, you can get nothing with a normal aspirated engine but with a higher pressures of a turbo charged engine could help prevent knock and stop the ecu...
  34. S

I will wait to see it in the flesh. I don't like it as it at the moment and ill be staying with the fk2 but will keep a open mined untill i can have a proper look in the showroom and take it for a test drive. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  35. S

Paint Care

Might be worth trying a fallout spray. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  36. S

FK2 Fk2 screen protector

mmm It's not the best as it is don't know if I'd add something else for it to lose even more sensitivity.
  37. S

FK2 R+ mode

I've used it little more now im used to the car but do fined when im really playing on the b roads can u settle the car but that might just be me as im no racing driver!!!!! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  38. S

New 2017 Honda Civic Type R is taking shape

Think they were thinking usa market and i agree with you. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  39. S

CRZ Thoughts

I had the face lift crz to me still under powered on the motorway. I would suggest getting a good app on the phone for speed cameras. Gives you a fighting chance. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  40. S

CRZ Thoughts

The crz was a great little car but the fk2 has been every thing I'd hoped it was going to be. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  41. S

Just bought a new Type R (FN2) Bronze

Nice car Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  42. S

Lol dam is that why im getting all these sores! [emoji12] Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  43. S

Iv got 2 1/2 years before i can even think of changing the FK2 and going by the photos think ill be keeping it. May be better in the flesh. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  44. S

Car cleaning

OK if you had to pick 1 car cleaning product to recommend to every one else what would it be ?
  45. S

DC5 restoration - track project

Looking forward to seeing this back to health. nice car :)
  46. S

https://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/car_and_van_petrol_tuning_boxes/honda_/civic_typer_fk2/20_306_bhp__310_ps__228_kw_/honda_civic_typer_fk2_20_306_bhp_310_ps_228_kw_crtd2_multichannel_petrol_tuning_box_chip_P10798.html#target_product_specs Really thought they was having problems mapping the FK2 think...
  47. S

For those who had heat problems would this help? http://www.eventuri.net/products/honda-civic-fk2-type-r
  48. S

I try to stick to momentum but so far have had to fill up twice with normal 95 both times in the lake district. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  49. S

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ap8pDyDt-SAInTYsHmhkakLYOGlR I'd cry if this was my FK2 or want to kill some one
  50. S

FK2 Help with pait work

The fallout spray seemed to do the trick. Again thanks for the help. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  51. S

How do you think the new one will affect the pirce/ popularity of the fk2? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  52. S

FK2 Help with curbed wheels

99% of the dam to my wheel has been *** when me or the wife has been parking. When im playing i don't have any problems Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  53. S

Lol why i like the fk2. Thik I'm a big kid at hart. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  54. S

What do you think? I think the FK2 looks better! http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/96563/new-2017-honda-civic-type-r-is-taking-shape
  55. S

FK2 Picking my new type R up next week, have a couple of questions...

Nice, same colour as mine. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  56. S

FK2 Help with pait work

Thank you Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  57. S

FK2 Help with pait work

Washed the car after been on holiday for a week and noticed thses marks on some of the black parts of the car. Including the back window. Any idea what it is and how to get rid of it? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  58. S

I've never thought about it but thinking about it i suppose i might. when it comes down to it its a honda engine so i highly doubt it. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  59. S

Normal running temp is 70-80 I've found. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  60. S

I tend to leave it to i have a oil temp of 80. Dont take long. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  61. S

Yep you can change the gauges so you can see water and oil temp and boost and oil pressure Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  62. S

For me i dont use the car enough as its not my daily evan though ill do more than a 1000 miles this week. Just wondering why some people seem to have problems and not others. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  63. S

Momentum is what i use normaly. Had to use normal unleaded yesterday . So thats not the difference between the cars then. Climate control on or of? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  64. S

What fuel are people running could the octann be the difference? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  65. S

FK2 Water bottle Top

that's a really good idea. the one iv nicked from the van has a tye on it if i ever get that one back ill do that
  66. S

FK2 Water bottle Top

That's a good idea ill have to see if i can see it. its to the front of it but i think its worth a go.
  67. S

FK2 Water bottle Top

Ok i was cheeking the car this evening as iv got bit of a drive over the weekend 600miles+. so I'd checked the oil and tyres went to top up the water and dropped the top down in to the engine bay. iv got a inspection camera i use for work and im not going to be able to get it. i think its...
  68. S

Ye iv only *** 2.5k and have a couple. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  69. S

have *** my wheel again!!!:smt022:smt022:smt022
  70. S

FK2 Cheaking the oil

Same for me I know I don't do anywhere close to the mileage you do or haven't had it as long, and I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to even consider doing a track day with my pride and joy. I'm beginning to think me buying the litre of oil when I picked up the car was a complete and utter...
  71. S

The new rs has 4 wheel drive and launch control so probably not good. But on a track in the dry I'd bet on the fk2. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  72. S

Lol that's were i think Honda has got it very right. It's a Marmite car you eather love it or hate it. It's not the same run of the mill. For me i love my fk2. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  73. S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xY1MsftHXM I liked there review of the CTR and the road trip looks like fun!
  74. S

True but the ring has got quicker since the CTR did it would be nice if they tryed again or put a CTR mugen around it. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  75. S

Got to love that. The golf R is the one in the class of the CTR the GTI not even close!!
  76. S

Road angel and radar detectors in a FK2

I just looked the thinkware up. looks very good i use a dash cam for my van but haven't thought about one for the CTR.
  77. S

Ok tom tom do a free app for android phones that lets you know of fixed speed cameras. Been using it with the van seem pretty good. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  78. S

FK2 Intersting test CTR vs Rs

i watched a drag race on YouTube between the CTR and golf R. The golf R won it as it will with 4 wheel drive and launch control but for me the big difference was the Golf driver looked board just sitting there letting the car do everything!!
  79. S

FK2 Fuel for FK2

i would have liked to see them test the Tesco momentum as its the one i use.
  80. S

FK2 Fuel for FK2

Just for the fun see what you think of this test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8L-X89duEs
  81. S

FK2 2015 vs 2016 and problems so far?

lol ok knew id get it wrong thanks Loxy
  82. S

FK2 2015 vs 2016 and problems so far?

As others have pointed out in other threads the early one's used a lot of oil and the newer ones don't seem to use almost anything. Some one with more knowledge than me will be able to say if I'm right or just talking rubbish as normal!!
  83. S

FK2 Cheaking the oil

Thats good thought i was missing something.
  84. S

FK2 Cheaking the oil

Okay a question for you guys that know a hell of a lot more about cars than me especially the FK2. I have always been fairly good about checking oil in my car's but when I got my new ctr the dealers scared the crap out of me about checking the oil. Even to the point because I was going to do...
  85. S

FK2 Sqeaky Brakes

ATM I'm getting nothing probably means I'm driving like a pussy. have only *** 1.3k miles though.
  86. S

Hope that's not yours!!! :(
  87. S

lol got to love that. i watched there review before ordering my FK2 a lot. when it comes down to it i love my Honda's so the others can do one!!!
  88. S

FK2 New purchase

I'd say blue is the best to. but the same as f2mark i would say that as mine blue to :p
  89. S

I just wish the satnav on the CTR had the cameras on it. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  90. S

Reading some of the stuff online laser ones are a bit like that but they can pick up the rada from a distance. But don't really know was just wondering if anyone had tried them. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  91. S

FK2 Fuel for FK2

Lol don't tell the wife I've spent all this time persuading her we need to use the higher octane. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  92. S

Does Any one use a Road angel or radar detector and if so are they any good? Also could you hard wire one in to a FK2? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  93. S

FK2 Fuel for FK2

In this country 95 is standard. Don't think you can get 91. Saying that i use the tesco's momentum as its a higher octane than the shell. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  94. S

Thanks mate its only around the edge so the paint it perfect. just shows I'm better of driving quick as i get distracted when going slow!!
  95. S

Tuck the car out for a drive this afternoon and curbed the wheel on the way home. despite the fun speeds on the country roads i was only doing 25-30 mph when i did it so not a lot of dam. whats the best way to cover repair the damage?
  96. S

Yep iv stayed with Honda not only for there card but for there reliability and customer service. If that changes ill look else where. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  97. S

If they do that id see them in court. As its not fit for purpose. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  98. S

FK2 Running in a new car

Lol when it comes down to it its a honda engine. Can't see there been any problems! Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  99. S

FK2 Running in a new car

All they told me was keep a close eye on the oil. They also said the ecu doesn't fully unlock untill around the 1K mark. Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  100. S

Lol tryed turning back the clock on the Ferrari. Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Back