• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Matthew b

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  2. Matthew b

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

amg If you want more fun and drama buy the a45amg. It is so much fun and you can mod it plus no brake squeal :p:p:p. Not for one moment i have regretted selling the crap {my opinion} fk8 and getting the amg
  3. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

That was the nicest thing i could think of. If i wanted to spend my weekend under a car fixing issues i would buy something old like you did . Performance brakes dont have to squeak as Honda say they do. Plenty of high performance cars that dont make a noise
  4. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Said the prat with a old car:asw:
  5. Matthew b

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

:lol: 19inch ,so cheaper rubber than yours:D Car mats for sale
  6. Matthew b

Picked this bad boy up yesterday. The fk8 in my opinion is the best looking car out there. The drive is really good and very practical for a everyday car. Reason for the change of car is I'm never going to do a track day , as we all knwo the crap weather we have here so can't use the power most...
  7. Matthew b

I'm paying about the same as the fk8 with the carbon pack . Delivery tomorrow
  8. Matthew b

Hoping the quality and customer service is better than Honda, I thought it was dreadful.
  9. Matthew b

White and yes. Spoiler/sport exhaust/ leather seats and dash . Absolutely everything. And soon to be 440bhp
  10. Matthew b

No pics yet. It's a demo that hasn't been used. It has everything on it.
  11. Matthew b

I took the A45 Amg out for a spin today and it made me smile a lot. Unfortunately they offered me a very good price on the fk8 and 14k off the Amg so I couldn't say no. I pick it up next week. I should have stayed with the fk2 and saved a lot of money. Good luck to all you fk8 owners . I hope...
  12. Matthew b

Must be just me then:D I do think it's the best looking car out there today
  13. Matthew b

I don't know if it's the weather or what. I drove a couple of hours last saturday got home and then needed to go out to the local shop. For some reason i didn't want to get back in the FK8 so i took my 2year old navara and enjoyed that. The Honda is definitely not as much fun to drive as the FK2...
  14. Matthew b

What did you do to your Type R today?

You can buy one send it me ill try it for you,Feck im nice like that !!!
  15. Matthew b

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

The FK8 driver didnt hit one apex
  16. Matthew b

It's just a plug in under the bonnet. I think it's the throttle sensor,boost and fuel. I won't do any of that to mine. Sorry can't remember torque. I'll see if my mate has a print out
  17. Matthew b

I spent most of the day with my mate's FK8 on the rolling road with TDI tuning and their box. 1st run was standard map 99ron petrol 320bhp at least getting what Honda publish . The best result we got with the tuning box was 347bhp. TDI can't get any more out of the car and are very disappointed...
  18. Matthew b

Sorry I was meaning pippercross . I need to read the post better
  19. Matthew b

The filter helps with turbo noise but its not as good as the fk2 one, but i still think it was worth buying
  20. Matthew b

EP3 FK8 exhausts

i personally loved it on the fk2 and i have it on the fk8. it doesn't make such a big difference but still worth having.
  21. Matthew b

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Any one know if you can switch on or off the running day lights. Just asking as my running lights dont come on now. The lady at the service counter said they shouldn't come on during the day, i said why are they called day lights then .[emoji38]
  22. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Update. I had the front and rear pads changed now done 300 miles on them and guess what nearly as bad as the first lot:mad:. On another matter my friend has been trying with tdi tuning to get a good map for their plug and play box. They don’t seem to be getting any good results yet and not even...
  23. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Just had all the pads replaced from Honda . Long journey tomorrow so can bed them in well fingers crossed no noise or at least little noise
  24. Matthew b

I bet you're right lol. Get my new pads fitted next week so hopefully no more squeaky. Happy days
  25. Matthew b

FK8 What and when to buy?

I wasn't expecting that this soon
  26. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Happy update chelmsford honda have just phoned me to say they will pay for the brakes to be replaced and repaint my bonnet scoop at a local body shop. Thank you chelmsford and up yours Honda uk.
  27. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

I’ll post it tomorrow
  28. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Update. Just had email from honda uk. It was a very nice email and probably the best get fecked email I have ever had. Basically tough that it’s worse than the original (under warranty ) no it’s very bad match it’s now not under warranty. Very strange . Brakes squeal is getting worse
  29. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

I have mate. They promised me a call today but again they have not. That's 5 promises to call and had none . I am starting to think they don't care
  30. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

That might happen.
  31. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

What a great colour match not
  32. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

The first one was replaced because of the difference in colour. The new one is so much worse. I have bought many different makes through Glyn Hopkins and have found if there are problems they will not fight your corner. I.e new navara with trim missing in side and a year and half later still...
  33. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Chelmsford Glyn Hopkins and no I would never recommend recommend them after this my wife asked them to pleas keep the other one as she didn't think it was a good match so I could get to see it in daylight. Just a few days. Nope they sent it anyway! They said honda said they had to have it this week.
  34. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

I had my bonnet scope replaced under warranty on Thursday and this morning was the first time I've seen it in daylight. The paint match is terrible, it's worst than the original. Why couldn't the mechanics spot that it's worse and leave the original one on. God they are hopeless.
  35. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Honda dont think thats excessive. Thats about the same as mine, Blxxdy awful I have asked now twice if Honda can supply a acceptable decibel number regarding the noise. Strangely they havent got back to me
  36. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Good luck superfly, hope they get it sorted for you. Keep us posted as it might add some hope for me.
  37. Matthew b

You tell my knees that :D
  38. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

ive done 2k now and no better. im even driving my sons car in to town now {15 year rust bucket } so i dont get so embarrassed and laughed at.
  39. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Hope you have better luck than me with honda on that .
  40. Matthew b

Thanks. So no bhp gain just throttle response.
  41. Matthew b

Sorry im probably being stupid but whats a pedal box
  42. Matthew b

This is still undergoing trials i believe . I have used this company before on my st and it was brilliant. I will be nice to see the end result for the FK8 . Shame i have to wait 3 years before i can have it on mine
  43. Matthew b

FK8 R8860 new owner!

all the time:)
  44. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

I agree fantheman. If i wanted a track only car i wouldn't have bought a blxxdy Honda. There are much better cars for that.
  45. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Im glad to make you smile
  46. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

They did a brake service on mine. It was lovely for a hour.
  47. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

surely its down to Honda to sort out ,not the customer. Saying that i have tried the hard braking. It might make a small difference for a few mins. At the end of the day i buy new cars so idont have to mess around with things.
  48. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

you live with the noise MAN
  49. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

{Unable to comment any further} are their words so i think that's the end of it from Honda uk. Not sure what my next move is yet,waiting for legal advice. So disappointed in Honda and now wish i bought the A45 amg :evil:
  50. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Please be aware. Honda will not do anything for those people with horrendous brake noise as in my previous footage. They have heard the footage and think that is acceptable . Not in my book
  51. Matthew b

All 17 plates are demos
  52. Matthew b

When you driving just pull up the handbrake button and hold it up, I've only tried this at 30mph just to shut my kids up,and it sort of works. Please don't try this at 70, god only knows what would happen:eek:
  53. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Another issue I noticed yesterday with the fk8 is the blxxdy useless sat nav. God it is bad
  54. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

I'm hoping that the new fk8 pipercross filter I have ordered comes through soon and hope to get back some if not all that lovely fi2 sound
  55. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

My fk2 did have brake noise but the dealer did sort that. I got that exact email regarding my fk8 brakes from h uk.
  56. Matthew b

FK8 Quality issues

Please record the squeaky brakes and send it to honda uk. I sent mine the other day and now waiting for their response. luckily no other issues .
  57. Matthew b

Would you like us all to agree what a magnificent car it is .? Honda need to now what's wrong with its cars to improve them.
  58. Matthew b

Mainly soft braking around town driving
  59. Matthew b

https://www.flickr.com/gp/155363162@N04/0b4999 Sorry another one
  60. Matthew b

I've tried everything.
  61. Matthew b

i have another two recordings that are worse than that
  62. Matthew b

https://www.flickr.com/gp/155363162@N04/4v419u Hope this works
  63. Matthew b

I recorded my brake squeak last night but as im not computer friendly i cant seem to post it. Any ideas ?{in stupid terms }. Also want to send it to Honda uk
  64. Matthew b

i dont remember getting my owners manual before putting my deposit down. I have had many sporty cars with more power and never had this sort of brake noise. so race car for the road doesn't wash with me, sorry
  65. Matthew b

Honda uk have just told me they are perfectly happy with my car having very noisy brakes and will not do any thing about it. Even the finance company are aware of this problem with the brakes but again honda have told them its not a fault. WTF , am i expecting too much from a £34000 car, i dont...
  66. Matthew b

Got my fk8 back from the dealer to sort out the brake squeal and 20 miles on its blxxdy back. Now waiting for honda uk to come up with a solution . I love the car but cant put up with that noise.
  67. Matthew b

Yep its the brake squeal. It is really bad under gently driving . S0 embarrassing in a new car. Also my new bonnet scope is back ordered and my honda dealer want to charge me £20 per day for a loan car, WTF. I have opened a complaint with Honda uk. Thanks canis for the heads up
  68. Matthew b

Mine has gone back to the dealer today to have a look at the brakes and fit this service dongle thing
  69. Matthew b

tough decision fk2 or FK8

Ive had both and i prefer the fk8. May be a comfort thing at my age.
  70. Matthew b

With one silencer removed there is a lot of drone at 3-4k. I might put the silencer back on.
  71. Matthew b

not when it sounds like a bunch of nuns being stabbed at 20mph :eek:
  72. Matthew b

My bonnet scoop has been back ordered and they have no idea when it will be coming {not happy} and the blxxdy brake squeal is doing my head in.
  73. Matthew b

My insurance want £7500 to put my 18 year old son on my fk8. To be fair he hasn't even passed his test yet:D I only pay 320 for me and the wife
  74. Matthew b

It took about 5 mins. 2 bolts and pull. That's is it Paint is spot on
  75. Matthew b

Fitted this today. I like it but I'm Sure a lot of you won't
  76. Matthew b

very nice
  77. Matthew b

if this is a September car why has it got the old number plate. Surely it makes this car a demo
  78. Matthew b

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Thanks and no problem
  79. Matthew b

Thank you. Money sent
  80. Matthew b

its the 400 bit that makes me laugh :D
  81. Matthew b

Hi Loxy Does he do them for the fk8 in red dimmer or multi dimmer. If yes can you give me payment details please. Matt
  82. Matthew b

ouch. ill pass thank you
  83. Matthew b

sorry mate those figures cant be right. thats a total of 31,660 for the car plus the extras plus 5.9%. That would mean you paying about 29k for the car with the extras . No way they would do that Im paying 212 pm on a 2 year deal with 12k deposit
  84. Matthew b

Result. at least im not the only one with the spoiler. Hope you enjoy the car
  85. Matthew b

Shxt. I thought there would be a proper plug to plug straight in. Is it the same with the floor leds?
  86. Matthew b

Yes of course from cox. Might get the illuminated door sills as well
  87. Matthew b

Oops. Just had a mad five mins and ordered the rear spoiler
  88. Matthew b

The colour is growing on me. I still don't like it on a standard civic ***
  89. Matthew b

FK8 Frankfurt Motor Show Tourer

I like it
  90. Matthew b

Motor way 200 miles 39.8 mpg at 77mph. not too bad
  91. Matthew b

No. Just replace the bonnet scoop and buff out the dull lacquer. That's all that's needed .
  92. Matthew b

Honda uk have just agreed to buffing the flat paint and replacing the bonnet scoop . Happy days . Typical no sun today so they couldn't see the paint difference but they saw the photos the dealer took and agreed too much of a difference.
  93. Matthew b

Hope they get it sorted Mutleycom. Honda are coming down this thursday to look at my paint. I sure ill get the normal bull shxt saying its fine, but this time im going to fight if needed even back the car at the first signs of messing about.
  94. Matthew b

Now done 700 miles and no problems :lol: I do love the lane control and adaptive cruise control. I can do 80mph and turn round and tell the kids off / smack at 5 mins a time (so much fun )
  95. Matthew b

Well I am pleased I bought one. I've had over 20 new cars from most makes and nearly all have had some small paint issues. Subaru were the worst by far. It's seems the paint issue with Honda is very easy to sort out. I much prefer the fk8 over fk2, that might just my age ***
  96. Matthew b

pleased to here its been sorted . We could do without any issues
  97. Matthew b

All I got was a full tank of Sainsbury special.
  98. Matthew b

FK8 FK8 Modifications

What are people's view on the second back spoiler you can buy. I did see one on the dream car and I liked it. My kids want me to get it. Not sure, help needed
  99. Matthew b

Hope you enjoy it as much as I am
  100. Matthew b

FK8 FK8 Modifications

I believe so. The front one is partly covered so didn't see it
Back