• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. VtecRob

D2 Racing Rear Camber arms

Just to add, The arms had only been on a maximum of 8 months. So potential buyers beware!
  2. VtecRob

Other than take a bit of paint off the inside of the wheel arch no! But i was only doing about 30 when it went. I think the damaged could and probably would have been much worse if i had been doing 60 or 70.
  3. VtecRob

Indeed. I wont be having another set i can tell you that!!!
  4. VtecRob

Just something to think about if any one is thinking about buying D2 camber arms Removed this about a week ago as it snapped on my way to work.
  5. VtecRob

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Nice thread and pics. Car looks :cool: Keep up the good work :smt023
  6. VtecRob

Pending oil delivery

Just an update on the Silkolene its been in a couple of thousand miles and so far seems to be doing a very good job. Even using less oil than before. So it gets a big thumbs up from me. Cheers every one at opie oils.
  7. VtecRob

Part numbers and prices.

Both sites are spot on nice one!
  8. VtecRob

What manifold for HKS?

Just out of interest mate what HKS exhaust do you have and does it match up to the standard cat without a problem?
  9. VtecRob

Rocker cover painting

Yeah thats what happened to mine! It finally pushed me into doing it. im glad i did makes the hole under bonnet area look cleaner just from doing that
  10. VtecRob

Rocker cover painting

Like Hasnic said its mostly the camara but i do think its a slightly light red than the original. Id say the hardest part is getting the rocker cover off. Its a bit of a pain getting it past the brake and clutch reservoirs. If i was going to do it again i think it unbolt them and pull them out...
  11. VtecRob

Rocker cover painting

Cheers buddy. No its not standard mate its a Comptech Ice Box. Top peice of kit if u ask me
  12. VtecRob

When tyres are changed!

Usually tyre fitting in main dealer garages is done by an apprentice.:evil: Well in my experiance it is any way
  13. VtecRob

Rocker cover painting

Ok so i ordered one tin of this VHT Red Wrincled paint and this morning i decided today was the day. So stripped of the rocker cover and covered it in nitromose. While i was waiting for it to do its thing i decided id prep the plug and manifold cover. got every thing sprayed up and put back...
  14. VtecRob

Rocker cover painting

Any ideas how much would be required? One tin or two?
  15. VtecRob

high mileage CTR

Valves should be checked and adjusted every 25,00 miles or 2 years. i adjusted mine the other day only takes an hour or so so thats no problem. As for the other things u listed i dont really think there are any really common faults regarding age or milage.
  16. VtecRob

FN2

Thats nice:smt023 i like alot Just enough green to be diffrent but not too over the top either. Good work that man.
  17. VtecRob

high mileage CTR

Any way if things do fail on it its just an exccuse to have them replaced with uprated parts:twisted:
  18. VtecRob

Rocker cover painting

Im thinking of painting my rocker cover as mine is looking a little tatty now. I have seen that a couple of other people have done this and just wondered what type of paint they had used and where they had got hold of it. Cheers for any help Rob.
  19. VtecRob

Will these pass the MOT

Sounds like it should pass to me mate as has been said above you require 1.6mm of tread over 3/4 of the width of the tyre throughout the full circumferance of the tyre. So it all depends how far in the balbing section goes into the centre. Take a picture and post it up might be more helpfull for...
  20. VtecRob

Pending oil delivery

Just ordered some Silkolene pro-s 5w-40 from Opie oils for my CTR. I hope the price reflects the quality! Im sure it will though as a lot of people on here rave about the stuff. Its the first time i have looked forward to servicing a car of mine :lol:.
  21. VtecRob

Can i ask what any one who has these D2 camber arms fitted how did you secure the ABS sensor wire? As there doesn't seem to be any where for the securing bracket to be fixed.
  22. VtecRob

DB8 R - Check out my phwoar door!

Its nice to see some thing a little diffrent every now and again. Nice going buddy.:smt023
  23. VtecRob

exhaust manifolds

I have had a quick search round but come up empty so far. Is there currently an exhaust manifold on the market that can be used with the oem cat? Just thinking about the old emisions test when it comes round to mot time and i dont fancy changing the manifold every year just to get it through a...
  24. VtecRob

Pawn's NHB CTR

nice NHB CTR mate. very :cool:
  25. VtecRob

black roof and bonnet

looks good that i was planning something similar only with carbon fibre.
  26. VtecRob

painted my wheels today

Looks good! nice job on the wheels there think i might be planning some thing similar in the future.
  27. VtecRob

CH1 New Accord

has any one had a drive of the new accord? Was it any good?
  28. VtecRob

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Nice one. That will be a great help to all the wanna be owners of dc5's
  29. VtecRob

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

using the key isn't a problem. its just like i said i was wrongly told it was part of the c pack and i didn't want to be buying something that wasn't what it was supposed to be. As i have my eye on a championship white one with c pack and 33,500 miles for a bout £12,500. that seem a fair price?
  30. VtecRob

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Cheers for that was told that the push button start was on the c pack but seems i was wrong. i take it that was an option then.
  31. VtecRob

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Does any one know what exaclty is contained in th "C pack" on a dc5?
  32. VtecRob

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

any particular reason mate? Or just personal preference.
  33. VtecRob

Mugen Evolution

nice car it's a shame you're selling it. It seems that a lot of type r owners are selling up now.
  34. VtecRob

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

i thought the dc2 would be the better handling of the two as i have heard it said that it's the best handling front wheel drive around. Also i think the value for money would be with the dc2 as you can pick them up for nearly half the price.
  35. VtecRob

New the Civic Type R

I have had my ctr nearly three years and like you say on a smooth flat road the ride is faultless. But any thing other than that you really do need to keep your eye on the ball so to speak as mine still catches me if im not careful. All in all though it's not really a problem just makes the car...
  36. VtecRob

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

which of the two cars above is the better, i mean perfomance, handling and value for money wise? cheers Rob
  37. VtecRob

DC5 aftermarket bonnet - Mugen or BC??

I would have to go with the BC too but think it should be painted to match the rest of the car as i don't think it goes with the white.
  38. VtecRob

dc5 face lift and spec please

why is that then? wouldn't happen to be because you have a facelift would it?
  39. VtecRob

My CW DC5 (formerly spoon theme)

thats looking real good. making me want one more and more.
  40. VtecRob

soon before i miss all the good weather and the track season really. I need to get my civic sold or i think i might just traid it in for the easier option.
  41. VtecRob

Im thinking of a change yeah just want something a little less common than the ctr. I agree Im not a fan of the head lights on the facelift model. i just dont think they look as good as the pre's
  42. VtecRob

Cheers for the link dotty. Gave me all the info i was after Rob
  43. VtecRob

Can any one supply me with a picture of both the face lift and pre face lift dc5 as im looking to move toward the integra. also can you supply me with any diffrences in the spec and all so the diffrence between the B and C packs Cheers Rob
  44. VtecRob

MOT this week

The rear pads shouldn't be a problem iirc the limit is 1.5mm but as long as you get the required brake force it shouldn't be an issue. Rob
  45. VtecRob

new front brakes

well i have now had the order changed so i will no longer be fitting green stuff i have chosen to go with redstuff instead.
  46. VtecRob

new front brakes

well i have been running green stuff pads on standard discs for around a year before this set and they seemed fine. If they were rated for 150 bhp cars why would they make them for a car with close to 200 from standard ? maybe ill have to try some red stuff if i ever venture out onto track...
  47. VtecRob

new front brakes

I have just ordered a set of ebc turbo groove discs and a set of green stuff pads. Anyone tried this set up before? What did you reckon to them? Cheers for any feedback Rob.
  48. VtecRob

EP3 Workshop manual

After taking 11 hours to download i finnaly got what i was after thanks every one who helped. cheers Rob
  49. VtecRob

EP3 Workshop manual

i cant find it either and i tried to down load it from another site last night and that crashed a third of the way through. well i suppose dial up wasn't designed to download large files like that :lol:
  50. VtecRob

EP3 Workshop manual

Mine just comes up with web page unavailable. but i suppose if it is getting hammered then it might come up with that
  51. VtecRob

EP3 Workshop manual

any one having problems with this? I can't seem to download it!
  52. VtecRob

EP3 Workshop manual

Thanks for that. It will be a great help.
  53. VtecRob

EP3 Workshop manual

yeah i still need it mate but i think putting it some where every one can use it is a great idea. But like u said the question is where?
  54. VtecRob

350-400bhp

Well i use the car mainly for traveling to and from work. So its mainly for road use only however next year i would definatly like to get out on the track with it. Also i was hoping to carry out the instalation of witch ever i choose be it turbo, jrsc or the Rotrex sc myself not just to save...
  55. VtecRob

Engine warning lamp

I take it that this only applies to the ATR's then. Also just to add that after reseting the ecu i had a quick poke round under the bonnet and desided to give the IAC a clean just to make sure. It seemed pretty clean on removal but i gave it a blast of brake cleaner for good messure. Any way...
  56. VtecRob

Engine warning lamp

funny thats the first thing i thought too mate. i tried to put the cat back in today but couldn't get far enough under the car to do it. So that will have to wait till i can get back to work and get it on a ramp.
  57. VtecRob

Engine warning lamp

first thing i checked when it came on
  58. VtecRob

Engine warning lamp

I have just been out and reset my ECU will road test it tonight when i pick the missus up and ill let you all know the outcome. Hopfully all will be sorted otherwise its a trip to the dealers :(
  59. VtecRob

Engine warning lamp

how do you do that then?
  60. VtecRob

Engine warning lamp

I wonder if any one else has had this problem? I was driving home las night when my engine warning light came on and stayed on then after a while i took it for another short drive hoping it had cleared itself. It hadn't. Well this morning while dropping the missus off at work it cleared. But...
  61. VtecRob

350-400bhp

well i would be happy with any figure between 350 and 400. Also as my budget does have limits and i would rather not have to go down the road of having a built engine due to the extra cost. I had thought more about the rotrex design as it is said to be the more efficient of the more well known...
  62. VtecRob

350-400bhp

i know TTS do the rotrex kits but what about any one else? also any ideas roughly how much it would cost?
  63. VtecRob

350-400bhp

whats the best and safest way to attain the above figure on a ep3? also the cost of the required mods would be great too. Cheers Rob
  64. VtecRob

XO motorsports mild 540 engine build

Block brace? whats one of them do then??? well i guess it strengthens the engine block but how and where?
  65. VtecRob

Unused MAC Course...

I agree the mac driving course is an excelent bit of driver training and a top day out.
  66. VtecRob

EP3 Workshop manual

Not sure if this is the correct area to place this so feel free to move it if you feel the need. Im looking for a copy of the official honda work shop manual for an EP3 seen quiet a few so called "official" manuals on ebay but im not really a big fan of that site so just wondered if any one...
  67. VtecRob

XO motorsports mild 540 engine build

How come you stuck with the stock liners then after going so deep into every thing else? Oh and great thread by the way love this kind of thing. I hope to do something like this to mine in the future but i dont think my humble mechanics wage would stretch that far :oops:
  68. VtecRob

Strange Vibrating/hissing sound

from whats been said it sounds like the heat sheild that covers the o/s drive shaft were it comes out of the gearbox. I have the same problem just cant be bothered gettig it fixed.
  69. VtecRob

TDi North proven 600+bhp! No Race fuel or NOS either ;)

when you say shot i hope u mean with a rather large gun after removing the engine from the saxo. :lol:
  70. VtecRob

Built engine?

Oh yeah why is that then G? What have you got planned?
  71. VtecRob

so no way of using transfer boxes and diff's from say a CRV ? just a though!
  72. VtecRob

Built engine?

What exactly is ment by the term "built engine" ? does it mean the replacement of pistons, con rods, crank and other such items or is there more to it than that?
  73. VtecRob

JDM rear anti-roll bar

finnaly got this fitted now along with a custom made lower tie bar and i must say there is a marked improvment recomend one to any one.
  74. VtecRob

thats also something i have thought about alot has any one ever turned an ep3 into 4x4 ?
  75. VtecRob

Very nice excellent work :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: That full race kit doesn't seem like a bad price either 5,699 dollars whats that in uk pounds?
  76. VtecRob

Help needed

i have never heard of a battery getting damaged throught being fully discharged. Only if and when the cells dry out of de-ionised water.
  77. VtecRob

Help needed

Sounds to me like the battery is low on charge and when you tried to start it it doesn't have the power to start the engine but it will power your lights and cd player. like has been said above get it jumoed of or remove the battery and get it charged. Rob
  78. VtecRob

DC sports manifold

i thought that might be the case. oh well so much for simply swapping the cat at MOT time. one more question does the DC require the use of a jdm anti roll bar?
  79. VtecRob

DC sports manifold

Been thinking about spending some of my hard earned on a manifold. Now the toda and spoon are both out of my budget. So i have been thinking about a DC. I was just wondering if any one who has one can tell me if this would replace the magnex de-cat i already have and would i also be able to fit...
  80. VtecRob

Wheel Bearings...

Not sure about what every one else thinks but i find the parada's to be quite loud on the road. but im sure i can live with it as the grip is amazing
  81. VtecRob

JDM rear anti-roll bar

Does this item cause any noticable diffrence to the handling of the vehicle. Just ordered one for my car and was wondering about every one elses opinion. Cheers, Rob
  82. VtecRob

Unsilenced Supersprint and stock backbox, video

Nice :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  83. VtecRob

2nd gear crashing at full beans

any one know what this fix actually entails?
  84. VtecRob

Arrgghh! Damn Kids!!!! :smt013

i know how you feel mate gutting isn't it.I had a little kid throw a snow ball at mine last winter and left a dent about 10mm across. still havn't had it removed.
  85. VtecRob

Arrgghh! Damn Kids!!!! :smt013

why not launch the kid at the quater panel much more satisfaction from that i think
  86. VtecRob

Best Summer Tyres (non Semi Slicks!)

what tyre pressures does evey one run while haveing standard rims but usuing 215 40 17 ? or do they leave them the same?
  87. VtecRob

vibration at 3000rpm

its not the plastic one on top of the engine but a metal one at the back of the engine near the exhaust.
  88. VtecRob

vibration at 3000rpm

well i had a word with a mate of mine who works at honda he says its pretty common and that its the heat shield that goes over the drive shaft.
  89. VtecRob

Rusty brake caliper

a wire brush is the best way i know of getting rust off metal
  90. VtecRob

Blocked Washers

blowing down the pipe shouldn't cause u any more problems. the 1 way valves are only there to stop the fluid returning to the washer bottle after the pump has stopped so it doesn't take ages for the fluid to be pumped from the bottle when the switch is pressed.
  91. VtecRob

thats what i thought hence me ordering 4 right away
  92. VtecRob

valuetyres.co.uk doing a set of 4 yoko parada spec 2's £301.89 delivered
  93. VtecRob

aem induction

thats a nice looking piece of kit that mate not seen 1 fitted before cheers for the pics
  94. VtecRob

aem induction

Scouse how did you rout and fit the duct mate? Been thinking about fitting one to mine but not quite sure on the best way to do it.
  95. VtecRob

oil leak!!!!!

about 3 thousand miles ago was last service would have thought id have got rid of it all by now but i suppose without givving it a good wash off under there i wont know.
  96. VtecRob

oil leak!!!!!

mine isn't quiet as bad as that poor lads mine is mostly a thin covering of oil and it doesnt seem to have used any (yes i know thats not possible) as i havn't had to top the oil up for a couple of weeks any other ideas???
  97. VtecRob

oil leak!!!!!

Had the wheels of the ctr today and on the o/s of the engine i found oil all over the timing chain cover and on the inner cv joint looks like its coming from around the oil filter but its not the filter seal itself as i had a good check that it was tight plus it seems to be coming from were the...
  98. VtecRob

Getting into track days

Whats the best way of getting into track days? who do u contact? what are the rules and regulations? what about track day insurance? all help is greatly appreciated
  99. VtecRob

aem induction

the aem really isnt that hard to fit you should be able to do it in 2 hours even if you have no experiance at all.
  100. VtecRob

Relocating battery

not done it yet as i dont want to do any thing to drastic until the waranty runs out but its not a hard mod to do just need a couple of lengths of good quality automotive electrical cable and a way of securing the battery o the boot space or were ever you want it to be
Back