• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GreaseLightning

Suitable paint for interior door window surround?

I haven't described the part very well. It's the painted black metal strip running down the left side (passenger door) or right side (driver's door) of the windows. When changing my doorcards I scratched some of the paint off them unfortunately and wondered what paint would be suitable?
  2. GreaseLightning

The range on my key fobs is crap!

I have to usually come within 5-or-so metres of the car before it works, sometimes a bit more depending on the angle, but it is very picky. Sometimes I'll be right alongside the car before it works. I've had this problem for a long time now, I had the batteries changed a while back but this...
  3. GreaseLightning

Anyone know how much rocker covers from Honda are?

As the title. I would phone up, but I've only just remembered I wanted to find out and it's too late. :(
  4. GreaseLightning

GreaseLightning's NHB CTR **UPDATE 08-09-07**

GreaseLightning's NHB CTR Performance ITG Maxogen... for about another week. Styling Custom number plate Refurbed and powdercoated rims in 'Satellite Silver' Mugen lip Rear tints Interior Facelift seats Facelift doorcards JDM mats ICE Alpine CDM-7859R headunit Rainbow SLX 265...
  5. GreaseLightning

Aftermarket speakers - Anyone else have trouble getting the doorcards back on?

I fitted one of my 6.5" comps today with the Vectra spacers and the doorcard seems reluctant to go back on. I can't really see why, but I have had them off the car before and haven't had this much trouble. Can anyone help me? Do I actually have to cut the doorcard? EDIT: I've had another...
  6. GreaseLightning

Anyone got Alpine SPR-17S comps?

7. GreaseLightning

AEM CAI - hydrolock this morning!!

I have an AEM CAI fitted and on this very wet morning I hit a major puddle and suffered hydrolock! This happened just as I was pulling off a dual carriageway onto a sliproad. I managed to pull between the two roads onto the diagonal white lines, but obviously I didn't want to hang around there...
  8. GreaseLightning

Where to run amp cables?

I know not to run the signal and power cables close, but with two amps can I run both power leads and all signal cables togather or should I keep the amp cables separate as well?
  9. GreaseLightning

f/l doorcards question. urgent help pelase!!

I'm putting facelift doorcards into my pre facelift CTR and I can't get the door lock control or the driver's side window to open. The passenger side window opens fine. I have attached everything the way it was so I'm puzzled. In regards to the windows, I've reattached the prefacelift control...
  10. GreaseLightning

Another K Pro vs. Reflash thread!

I am unclear about a few things to do with the benefits of K Pro over an ECU reflash. I obviously know that K Pro allows you to connect your laptop with the K Manager software and tune your car yourself. This to me sounds great if you're a professional tuner and can create the perfect map to run...
  11. GreaseLightning

What's better for gains? N1+b pipe or Spec 3

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can find the answer anywhere obvious.
  12. GreaseLightning

Wheel bible: Loads of pics of different wheels on the CTR

This thread should prove useful. A lot of people (including me) request pics of certain wheels on certain colours and hopefully this will make this a lot easier for them to find what they need. After trawling through tons and tons of threads on this forum and civictype-r.co.uk I've gathered a...
  13. GreaseLightning

Dimensions of the import rear plates

I mean the more square plates you see at the back of JDM CTR's. I was here: http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder.php looking for one, but I didn't know the dimensions. Anyone know?
  14. GreaseLightning

AEM V2 vs. K&N Typhoon

Since my insurance company seem intent on skinning me alive if I get a new zorst, but they're not so bothered about an induction kit I figured I'd go down that route for now. I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash - around £150. So I've narrowed my choices down to either a K&N Typhoon...
  15. GreaseLightning

Where to get your wheels refurbished

I thought it'd be a good idea, like the 'tints' thread in Bodykits and Styling. A lot of people are interesting in getting this done. I got mine done and it would have been easier to find information if it was all in one place. Just a thought. Dotty edit Good Idea :smt023
  16. GreaseLightning

My '02 Nighthawk *updated*

I've started to go down the Mugen route now, with the addition of a Knight Racer lip. I'm very happy with the fit and colour match and I love the more aggressive look the front end now has. More pics will be uploaded after I've had a chance to blitz the car completely.
  17. GreaseLightning

Had my standard wheels refurbed and re-coloured

Got the car back from Wicked Wheels today. I got the wheels refurbished and powder-coated in a colour they call 'satellite silver' - Audi TT wheel colour. Getting the car back was a bit nerve racking, since mine was the first CTR that I know of to have the same colour done. But I'm really...
  18. GreaseLightning

Question about wheel refurbing from those who've had it done

Hopefully the mods won't mind this being posted in a general section, but I kinda need an answer fairly soon if possible. My cars in at Wicked Wheels having the wheels refurbed and re-coloured. They left a message on my phone, that I've not been able to return yet saying that they've just...
  19. GreaseLightning

What a crappy CTR!

Okay it's not a real one, but look at the finish and the wheels and the panel alignment! Urgh, rubbish! :D http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIE-CAST-1-43-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-BOXED-METALIC-SILVER_W0QQitemZ6065164155QQcategoryZ223QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  20. GreaseLightning

Anyone got a hi res pic of an Audi TT wheel?

Continuing my research of the best finish for the refurbishment of my standard wheels I've been told that a shiny, grain-free finish is offered by Wicked Wheels that can be found on cars like the Audi TT. I was hoping someone would be able to provide a high resolution photo of a TT wheel or...
  21. GreaseLightning

Ford Ka - Paintwork/Glass damage?

These are pics of my Mum's Ka. A possible cause was wet concrete dust when it was parked underground. It's unclear in the pics but the visible trails actually sit proud of the window and paintwork. Does anyone know how this can be got off?
  22. GreaseLightning

Urgh!

Not pleasant: http://www.showoffyourcar.com/galleries.asp?carid=1989
  23. GreaseLightning

Wiring from boot to headunit/engine bay

For those who have connected their amps from the boot to the h/u I was just wondering if the seats had to be taken out and the wiring went underneath the carpet, or whether the wires could go underneath the plastic trim at the sides.
  24. GreaseLightning

Facelift rear bumper on prefacelift (quick question)

It is a straight swap or not?
  25. GreaseLightning

My CTR

This is mine. It's standard, except for the ICE and clean, but this was before I started using Megs, so it's not as shiney as it can be.
Back