• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Do we know what laptime this managed around the Nurburgring yet? Is it the new fastest FF car?

I believe the record is still held by a Seat Leon Cupra, 7 minutes and 58.4 seconds which will take some beating.

Indeed it will. That is a strong time. How much quicker is the Seat than the previous record holder? (Renaultsport Megane I believe)

Do we know what laptime this managed around the Nurburgring yet? Is it the new fastest FF car?

I believe the record is still held by a Seat Leon Cupra, 7 minutes and 58.4 seconds which will take some beating.

This is correct but it was performed with a performance pack not available to consumers (as yet) and included deletes the likes of aircon etc.

7:58 is absolutely unreal though. If I'm not mistaken that's an average speed of just under 100mph. 20.8km in just under 8 minutes.

This is correct but it was performed with a performance pack not available to consumers (as yet) and included deletes the likes of aircon etc.

It's not available to UK customers....yet, I'm sure if there's enough demand they'll bring it in.

Does anyone know if this has boost and VTEC yet ??

Yes

http://newsroom.honda.co.uk/en/carnewsdetail/?id=3806

While further detail on performance is yet to be announced, Honda has confirmed that the forthcoming new Type R will be the first model in Europe to feature one of its brand new VTEC TURBO engines from the Earth Dreams Technology range. The two-litre, direct injection, four-cylinder turbo is expected to deliver class-leading output of at least 280PS and will be EURO 6 compliant. While turbo engines have not been seen in Honda’s production cars in Europe for some time, Honda has continued to actively develop turbo technology on the race track and in other regions. Honda’s successful return to WTCC in 2013, has been instrumental in gathering knowledge that has helped shape the new Type R, providing the development team with analysis and feedback on performance and styling collected from the track.

Back