• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I've reserve full judgement until I see some daylight and full body shots of a finished product but I'm not overly impressed with that.

Daylight pics.

desarepe.jpg

qe2yguva.jpg

Drawn on bonnet vents and CGI markers on the rear. Panic over, it's just a mock up for rolling shots by the looks of it...

The last Civic (FN2 shape) came out in 2005 and was replaced in 2011 i.e 6 year life, with a Type-R model released in Feb 2007.
The current model came out late 2011 so based on the last generation could be replaced in 2017.

There seems to be a lot of hype and development for a model that will only be sold for 2yrs?

Sedge over on Ctro hit it on the head, it allows them to make the vids with cgi without unveiling the final design.

Panic over, thank god

I honestly hope that it just feels good to drive quick.

There's something great about FWD hatchback's that is impossible not to have fun with.

My EP3 was immense fun, great turn in, lift-off oversteer and nagging want to be pushed harder and harder.

If Honda can nail that again, I don't care what it looks like to a degree.

One wonders what the pre-production model would be doing on a trailer in the middle of Slovenia?

I think it looks good so far. At least it has the spoiler and will be more to come design wise surely! I am looking forward to the final one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so they attach CGI stickers to add bumpers etc, why not just add the spoiler in on cgi too? Doesn't make sense?

Chris

I think it looks far better than the test mule, which was surely just that. Having said that, my near-obsession in buying one new has waned and I'll happily keep the new car for a few years now. Who knows, maybe the K20 cars will rocket in value if the new turbo doesn't deliver VTEC level thrills. Yeah, ok, maybe not.

Also, aren't they facelifting all the Civic range with the squarer front end like the Type R concept? The front end on this still seems to be the current shape. But then why use it in the advert?! Just tell us stuff Honda!

We had a few Type R's go through the production line on Friday, and hopefully will be having a look at the real thing next week.

Watch this space, no pictures though.

We had a few Type R's go through the production line on Friday, and hopefully will be having a look at the real thing next week.

Watch this space, no pictures though.

:D Can't wait, my dealer emailed me saying he's seen the new advert & it's impressive & it won't be disappointing
Don't suppose you spotted any horn shaped packaging :)

Although i haven't seen it yet, as when it comes down the production line it has a swarm of top managers around it going through each and every process and then when it comes off the end of the line, its being 'hidden away' from prying eyes..........but................

a mate of mine managed to get a glimpse of it yesterday and says it looks brilliant.
Flared and vented arches, massive exhausts, the alloys on this particular one were black with a red trim around the edge and generally looked mean :twisted:

Also, that rear spoiler, it seems that you wont be disappointed. It still has that 'devil horn' look to it, not quite how you saw it on the concept, but 'subtly blended into the rear of the car' as my mate put it.

So all in all, i think Honda may just have pulled this one out of the bag.

Massive thanks man, any clue if the blue color is still going to be made? I am really looking forward to it.

Back