• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I had a little play with one sat it was slower so much so I could of over took it if he didn't jump a red light :/ must of been a manual not dsg

Pretty much identical to Top Gear magazine's. They're 4 months in and onto their third tester due to harshness.

How you finding it on the negatives they raise Loxy? Particularly motorway drone and suspension? Seemed much better than mine on test drives, but always hard to judge.

The suspension is fine in normal mode. It's much more compliant than the FN2 I sold to buy it.

Noise wise, I think it's more a mix of road and tyre noise with a bit of exhaust rather than engine noise, but if I get a good run home from work on the rough tarmac they have surfaced the M61 northbound with, it can leave your ears ringing.

Finally got behind one of these on the move and persuaded it to boot it up the slip road into the A40, sounded decent from what I could hear with the windows down. I was surprised how loud the exhaust was considering it looked to be OEM.

i drove to summer-set the day after picking up my Fk2 and because i was stupid to travel on good Friday it tuck me 5 hours to do just over 200 miles. when i was moving i didn't notice the noise as i was having to much fun and when i was stuck in traffic its a nice place to be. As its still new to me i may still have my rose colored glasses on but as i drive a van all day for work i want something fun to play with when driving my own car.

I wouldn't say there is much motorway drone but there again I normally fit aftermarket exhausts to my
car anyway, you can still use the in car handsfree calling at a 100pmh+ so it can't be that bad
The ride is firm but not as much as my Evo 8 was for sure

45107b29ca460b183850d9be1ce76c26.jpg

152126d9accb72fc683305f6b8db08a5.jpg

79dba34ba2dbf5c5a0e5f6471ecd5264.jpg

acd8c7ab36196ef7243008bb150faa31.jpg

It does look a bit tidier out of the car, and you would sort of think DK knows what he's doing, but to me it looks like he's steaming into bends and just throwing it in.

You can see the revs drop as he's slowing the car into the bend. It would have been handy to see his feet to see whether it was left foot braking or him just engine braking into the corner which is what it looks like. It's never going to work putting the weight on the front after you've turned into the bend.

I'm sure it could be done a lot neater than that. :confused:

Still not seen another apart from Dave's in my old work's car park...

Back