• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

It shouldn't rock (obviously), and mine don't. Perhaps yours needs adjusting somehow to get it to sit better. I wouldn't want to be driving around and feel "play" in the brake pedal that's for sure.

You suffered a loss as a result of a 3rd party's action, they have admitted liability, you have evidence of the items fitted to the car.

Pretty clear cut IMO.

Oh ****, only just read about this. Really sorry to hear about it mate, hope it gets sorted without much hassle. From what ive read though you shouldnt have too much trouble.

I was actually suprisingly placid. I always thought I would erupt with anger if anyone ever hit me. Must have been the shock and disappointment.

I know that feeling. Had something like that not long ago. Someone scraped my bumper while parallel parking. Wasnt much, especially compared to this, but the shock & disappointment of someone hitting/scraping my car just kind of froze me haha. Just stood there with what I imagine to be a gormless look on my face lol.

Oh boy this sucks.

Hope this doesn't kill your love of the car like others have found after they've been in accidents.

Sorry to hear mate! Hopefully not to much of a pain in the arse with insurance getting a claim sorted and you can carry on with the project! The price of the exhaust is as wild as the noise is haha

@Nick, yeah I can imagine I was a sight for sore eyes. A mixture of shock, disappointment, and WTF have you just done all rolled in to one... And as it seems, I am feeling a bit more positive about a good outcome from what people have said, yet I'm not going to count the chicks until they've hatched and what not.

@Nefor, I sincerely hope the same. At present I don't have any feelings that differ from before, but time will tell once I get it back. But then, as stated before, even if I do get rid, there are other options open; yet I doubt I'll need them.

@A19, lol, thanks.

Not of sorts, it's still at the garage awaiting repair as the parts from Honda are on back order. I've been told not to expect it back before the first week in November; and that's if the parts arrive in time. Which would mean I'd have been without my car for 9 weeks...

I had a MASSIVE headache with the insurance companies (mine, and his). Mainly his not wanting to pay out to replace my exhaust. After I sent them the quotes for its replacement, they sent an "engineer" out to inspect the car and he came back with "there is no way of proving that the damage to the exhaust is incident related" (essentially a scapegoat for not stumping up the cash).

At first I was like:

Yao-Ming-meme.png

And then I was like:

Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpeg

Then I was like:

Rage-Meme.jpg

After I calmed down:

tumblr_m7fubvf9ss1rtagpw.png

I then sent them the pictures I took at the time of the accident, showing the smashed front end of a blue Ford Mondeo, along with the rear of my car, and then a close up of my exhaust with blue paint attached to it!! I then had to wait for a manager and the engineer to look at my case again. They got back to me stating they were happy to attempt to polish it for me but not replace it...

tumblr_lvwepirujK1qbjo08o1_400.jpg

NO!!!

You fvcks. Replace it.

Speak to another manager, go through everything again; as they never talk to each of it seems. That, or they are trained to play dumb. After a while he concluded that "the pictures are pretty conclusive and he doesn't understand why his colleagues have overlooked/ faught against it"...

tumblr_lzb9lwu4sZ1r1mqmto2_500.png

They then expalined that they couldn't pay me direct, the money has to go to the importer, yadda yadda yadda. Yes, that's fine.

A week later, the cheque arrives at my address, with me as the payee. WTF is wrong with you people!?

So, as it stands, I am waiting for my exhaust from Japan to be made and shipped, and the bumper/ skirt etc to arrive for the car to get fixed.

This, amongst many other issues with his insurance, my insurance, and now my new insurance company (as it came up for renewal during all of this) has proven to be so stressful that I haven't been sleeping. But I'm hoping that things are heading in the right direction now. So fingers crossed that nothing else goes wrong.

K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool.

Sounds like you've got the worst of it over with. Any idea on how long the exhaust will take? I presume you've not gone with Touge again?

Nope, definately not Touge again. They still owe me over £450 as a refund for parts that I never received...

My last exhaust took a little over 12 months when they quoted 6-8 weeks. I've been quoted that again, so time will tell. Yet I've been assured it should be under their quote.

K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool.

Hope this works out mate. Sounds like you're almost there.

Cheers guys. :)

And Martin, I wouldn't worry, even if I didn't stick with it (which I will), I'm sure there'll be plenty of people willing to buy my parts. For bullsh*t knock down prices because "I can pick up XYZ from Tegiwa/eBay for ABC. That Jap stuff ain't worf da coin bruv" etc etc :lol:

Cheers guys. :)

And Martin, I wouldn't worry, even if I didn't stick with it (which I will), I'm sure there'll be plenty of people willing to buy my parts. For bullsh*t knock down prices because "I can pick up XYZ from Tegiwa/eBay for ABC. That Jap stuff ain't worf da coin bruv" etc etc :lol:

:lol:

Back