• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Thanks guys. But yes, it made everything else seem civilised. I don't think I've ever heard anything come close. But alas, it now too, is civilised; with the biggest rear silencer ever created (jesting) fitted to the back...

Forgot to mention, I received my fine for the 70RR about 10 days ago.

Now, either the policeman was even more awesome (which he was when he pulled me over and talked to me), or he selected the wrong offence code, but it was only £50!! :eek: This was because I was only booked for "altering the exhaust to increase volume"; not the lack of silencer and cat. My vote lies with him being a sound guy, as he was very clued up on cars so I doubt he would not have known the code to choose.

So I'm happy with that. :) Yet sadly I cannot put it back to how it used to be for the sake of keeping the car. I couldn't even imagine the pain of watching it getting crushed for the sake of making it loud again.

With that in mind, I am considering selling the whole system. In thought, there isn't much point having a part of it if I can't use the whole system as nature/ Satan intended. Watch this space.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not the officer, that's actually the wording after the code selected on the Traffic Offence Report. That's official wording. :freak: But who cares if it got me off a larger fine. :p

Right, it seems a good a time as any to update you all with my current thought process; and sadly it isn't a positive one.

It comes with a very sickening and heavy heart to reveal that I am likely to be selling my car around April, on it's fifth anniversary of ownership.

MOT and service due a week today, then I intend to treat the trip to Spa at the beginning of April as my (and the cars') swan song.

I love this car dearly, and at times I think I'd miss it more than most people I know. But the time has come for me to start considering to start a family and a stripped out "race car" isn't really practical, and sadly I can't afford to run two cars (as much as I've looked at the numbers, but children seem to be quite an expensive thing to have :lol: ).

I might completely bottle it and try to keep it, but the reality is that it'll have to go. I hope to replace it with something that is still performance based but having a practical family edge. I simply cannot drive for the sake of driving in a POS, that's not what driving is about for me.

I will advertise the car as a whole (along with all of the standard parts I have in storage) to begin with but I very much doubt anyone would pay what I'd expect for it/ think it's the perfect EP3 in the same way that I do (being that there are so many aftermarket parts on it). So if that fails, the only realistic route is to strip and sell everything individually. Which will be a ballache.

:(

Also fully expect people asking for parts eventhough you said you'll try to sell it as a whole initially :lol:

No to selling the car, or starting a family? Or both? :lol:

But yes, I am sure that'll happen, but then if the car doesn't sell as a whole I hope the parts drum up enough interest on their own.

Erm.........lets go with selling the car lol.

I'm sure you have a long list of people who would be interested in parts tbh, that's if you were to strip it.

Yeah, I guess I'm just being selfish and not wanting to experience the heartache of watching it being pulled apart.

The next stage would be dealing with a thousand people offering me £5 for each part. :lol:

Be a massive shame to break a car this nice, sad fact is it's probaly going to bring you more money in, in parts and selling a standard car aswell well than selling it complete.

Aslong as your missus has a sensible family car you should be able to still keep this though. My missus has the zafira for running the kids around and I've got my type r. If we go anywhere as a family we go in the zafira.

Gutted Karl. So many nice parts on this car surely someone will take it as a whole. I know I'd love it after driving it at JAE. End of an era my old chum.

Good choice Karl. It's only a car.

You got your own place then now presumably..? Last I looked you were in your parents loft, sleeping on piles of cash.

A standard ep3 is quite a practical car! You could still have one! That's kinda what I intend for mine. I'm going to improve it slightly handling wise but not do anything crazy that will make it impractical.

Sad to see you're selling but needs must. Can always get another toy in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the pleasure of meeting you and seeing/hearing your car at JAE, superb car and the best EP3 on the forum IMO.

So I'm another one who will be sad to see you sell/break her if it comes down to it.

Having said that family comes first and no matter how much you love your car it doesn't compare to having kids.
(edit - cant you just borrow someone elses kids and keep the car?? haha)

Be a massive shame to break a car this nice, sad fact is it's probaly going to bring you more money in, in parts and selling a standard car aswell well than selling it complete.

Aslong as your missus has a sensible family car you should be able to still keep this though. My missus has the zafira for running the kids around and I've got my type r. If we go anywhere as a family we go in the zafira.

This is still my current counter-argument, but as most things car related with women, it's falling on deaf ears. Along with me being the selfish one as she sees the car as such a financial drain that we could never possibly have children whilst it's still in my ownership.

Gutted Karl. So many nice parts on this car surely someone will take it as a whole. I know I'd love it after driving it at JAE. End of an era my old chum.

But for the right price? That's the only real concern... Get Lyns to buy it. ;)

Good choice Karl. It's only a car.

You got your own place then now presumably..? Last I looked you were in your parents loft, sleeping on piles of cash.

Hi Joe, yes we moved into our first place together just before I proposed to her, so have been here since May last year. This, and subsequently getting married in October this year, has made my bed linen disappear. :lol:

A standard ep3 is quite a practical car! You could still have one! That's kinda what I intend for mine. I'm going to improve it slightly handling wise but not do anything crazy that will make it impractical.

Sad to see you're selling but needs must. Can always get another toy in a few years.

I guess, but I could never, ever, drive this car standard if I just sold the parts on. Every day lurking in the back of mind how it used to be, and hating it because it'll just be a disappointment by comparison.

FD2 next? Swap some of the parts over

Not sure what I could swap over really. Everything that makes the EP3 an impractical car probably! :lol:

Had the pleasure of meeting you and seeing/hearing your car at JAE, superb car and the best EP3 on the forum IMO.

So I'm another one who will be sad to see you sell/break her if it comes down to it.

Having said that family comes first and no matter how much you love your car it doesn't compare to having kids.
(edit - cant you just borrow someone elses kids and keep the car?? haha)

I don't think I know anyone willing to give their children up but still offer to pay for them, haha!

Back