• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

I was at TDi on Friday and Dave was there doing the video of the S2000. His DC5 is properly awesome. 400bhp, charge cooled sleeper.

Thanks for the kind comments on my car. :)

The results from Saturdays jaunt down to Santa Pod. Everyone was 0.3 or more slower, due to rain in the morning the track was greasy.

SantaPod30-6-12-1.png

That position takes me to 12th in the RWYB Table.

SantaPod30-6-2012.png

Once the new built motor is in and bedded in where do you think you could get to in the standings?

With the Motor and Slicks I should be hitting 10's possibly 9's. So next year Im hoping to be top 5.

But it all depends on how often I can get down to Santa Pod.

I did have a look a while ago, but I bought the Cobra Imola Pro's. Once the motor is built and Im looking at serious weight saving I may go back and have another look, but the seats I have only weigh 7.5kgs.

Is you're boiler still working Ok? Lol

Had a nosey around you're car the other day when I came to fix the boiler, I told you're mrs to instruct you to clean it lol

Its now relatively clean. No point with the rain as it just gets dirty sat on the drive.

The Missus thinks she bakes Cupcakes for everyone, I disagree.

Thanks for fixing the Boiler, back to perfect working order.

What setup do you expect to run at the TRO Santa Pod meet? Slicks, more power etc?

TRO Santa Pod meet, I will be running exactly what I have now. The only difference will be in the boost control, as Ive has a bit of time to play about with it. I will be running less weight than I have been and lower tyre pressures.

Im confident I can get 12.2s with this set up.

Next year I will have the built engine hopefully, driveshafts and slicks. 10's hopefully 9's

I am looking at going Low Comprssion. The Block will be going to Clockwise Motion to get it sleeved, then its a case of choosing which way to go on Stroker kits, but that all depends on what kind of money I have free when the time comes. Im buying a second Engine, so I can keep my car on the road whilst its being built, also I can start buying bits and pieces so I go.

I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert in Mechanic's, so I will have a long discussion with the lads at TDi to get their input and recommendations.

The current wanted list stands at:

Darton Sleeves
Forged Pistons
Bearings
Con Rods
Crankshaft

I think Im missing something too.

Ive already got the Valve Springs and Skunk 2 cams, so I am getting there.

Put simply, and obviously, to run more boost.

The lower the compression, the more boost can be put through the system.

Put simply, and obviously, to run more boost.

The lower the compression, the more boost can be put through the system.

Read a few pages back when I highlighted this and was told by your tuning company that changing the compression wouldn't make much difference. I'm glad you've seen the light. ;)

I think you both have your wires crossed. At this moment in time Im running standard compression, this is what TDi North were saying, at this point it doesnt matter what compression Im running.

Once the motor is built I will be running low compression, so I can run more boost, this is what you were saying.

I think people got a bit mixed up.

Back