• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

awesome civic mate....just awesome.

How much does it take to supercharge from standard? Because I was aiming to do this next year. I love cars and racing but Im not very clued up when it comes to tuning and upgrading power..

Just a daft plumber really!

From standard, you will need a Supercharger, K100 or Kpro ECU and clutch up to the job. I would also look into disc's and pads too for piece of mind. I bought my Rotrex brand new, its was a Stage 2, with the intercooler, and cost me around £5.5k fitted at TDi North.

You can pick up second hand Jackson Racing Superchargers now for less than £2k these days though, it all depends on what sort of power you want to go for. Around 300bhp, go for the JRSC, up to 350bhp I would go for a Rotrex. Anything over 350bhp I would go full turbo build.

Just done the brake pads discs and lines all round, they squeak quite a bit thought and Ive tried bedding them in, any suggestions?

I started reading this at 2230 last night and finished and 0100 this morning, what an epic machine, an amazing transformation. Shame to see it how it is now.

Really enjoyed reading this. Really sad taking a car to bits after all the work but I suppose at some point you have to realise whats better for you. I'm thinking of getting a JR charger but I'd like to build up everything else before going force induction since my eps miles are getting on the high side 85+. Only had my car a few month and still getting used to the power, but hopefully get piece of mind having a poke around making sure the block is all good.

i have just read all 74 pages of this build, man that has been a whole lot of effort, well done to you sir

What can I say Tom.....
Just an amazing project from start to finish.

I just spent well over an hour reading all 74 pages of this and the highs and lows you have experienced with this project is what I love about cars.
Making into something that is your won and has your own touch about it.

It is a shame to see it being split after all the hard work, but on to newer projects and soon the great life in Canada :)

Keep the updates coming as I will be heading up to TDi soon for a geometry setup and would be cool to meet the man behind this car :)

Cheers for all the comments chaps, it was fun while it lasted.

Still unsure whats going on with the Turbo Kit and Motor. Still have both. Not really in any rush to sell, unless I got a good offer.

Another person who has just read this thread from start to finish lol

Epic build thread and an absolute shame that you have stripped it down :(

Shame that the EJ9 didnt end up with the K20 swap in the end though.

Hi Tom

Hope you are well mate, you had a good Christmas and New Year.

Just having a look through your old build thread and spotted that you once fitted a set of Cobra Imola seats.

I have been looking at getting a pair of these myself, or a set of the similar Suzuka style seat and just wondered how you found them when they where in your EP3?

The thing that appeals most is their seat frames appear to fit onto the original Honda mountings.

Any advice/review would be appreciated buddy. :)

Hi Pete,

Yeah I had a great Christmas and New Year, hope yours was the same.

The seats I would recommend highly, they were excellent. The only issue I found was on long journeys, I would get the condition known as numb arse, but it was only on long journeys. The cushioning wasn't luxurious, so after a while it would squash down so you end up sitting on the Carbon Fibre. I also found swapping them over (drivers for passengers) every couple of months helped keep them in good nick.

I just bought the seats from Demon Tweeks, when i got home I realised I couldn't mount them to the original rails. So I bought a set of Cobra seat mounts, which didnt fit the mounts in the car, and I ended up buying a set of Seat Rails from Buddyclub, these fit the seats and the original mounts in the car. Also a bonus is the sider, so you can move the seat back and forth reducing wear on the seat bolster, but at £150 a pop they wasn't cheap.

The rails I bought from Buddyclub were the super low ones, I would recommend getting those as the head room, even on the super low ones wasn't spacious. The seats still sat quite high.

Hi Tom

I had a good Christmas too thanks mate.

Thanks for your post and review of the Cobra seats, definitely thinking that's the route I am going to end up going down now, strangely enough the Cobra factory is only about 5 minutes from my house and I have emailed them to see if I can buy from the factory direct which would be a bonus.

Haha I already get numb arse on long journeys using the standard type r seats so hopefully wont notice much of a difference ;)

That's good to know mate as Cobra say that their rails are compatible with the original mounts in the car, so at least I know that I might need to look at getting the Buddyclub rails for a better/easier fit, although a different brand did the Cobra seats just bolt directly onto the Buddyclub rails and then straight into the car?

Ideally want the full on motorsport look with the rear seats/trim removed and a full harness/harness bar set-up but with having the little lady its going to be difficult to remove the back seats at this moment in time, unless I tie her to the roof haha

Back