• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa kit for EP3 is amazing (Gruppe M is better)

Just a quick one regarding the Tegiwa. Is it loud when your just pottering about, on slight/ throttle, as ive got a little lad, and when ive got him in the car, i don't want a big induction noise. My zorst is perfect as it's OEM levels when below 4k revs and slight throttle, so want the induction to be the same.

Just a quick one regarding the Tegiwa. Is it loud when your just pottering about, on slight/ throttle, as ive got a little lad, and when ive got him in the car, i don't want a big induction noise. My zorst is perfect as it's OEM levels when below 4k revs and slight throttle, so want the induction to be the same.

There is nothing until you give it full thottle, so you can potter about and you wont hear it. Floor it and at 4k it grumbles, then at 5-6 it starts to roar, then once you hit VTEC it screams with that distinctive Tegiwa/Gruppe M metallic sound.

Had my tegiwa for quite a while now and think its great but today i saw smoke coming out of the scoop so popped the bonnet to find a small part near the top had been touching the underside of the bonnet and started to burn, so had to give it a good taping up. Anyone else had this problem???

Had my tegiwa for quite a while now and think its great but today i saw smoke coming out of the scoop so popped the bonnet to find a small part near the top had been touching the underside of the bonnet and started to burn, so had to give it a good taping up. Anyone else had this problem???

It's just an air scoop, how could it burn by touching the bonnet?

That's what I thought, but it did. There is a black burn mark on the bonnet too, haven't got a clue how it started

That's really odd. Have you touched it to see how warm it has got after a blast?
Sounds stupid I know, but have you unplugged/knocked/moved something you shouldn't have when fitting it?

It does get warm but not enough to cause that, tdi north fitted it and that was a long time ago, not touched anything under the bonnet for ages tbh. Was worried when I saw the smoke coming out because I was at tesco petrol station lol been ok since then. Will try and get a pic up tomorrow of the damage, it's melted a 1p size piece of the clear coat on the kit

That's a bit rubbish chop, hope it doesn't do it again. You can have a look at my GM if you want to see if anythings amiss? I've not had any burns on mine :???:

That's a bit rubbish chop, hope it doesn't do it again. You can have a look at my GM if you want to see if anythings amiss? I've not had any burns on mine :???:
Cheers mate might have to just to compare, I'll see how the tape holds up over the next few days

Will try and sort some this afternoon, just finished my first shift at work so I'll get some up after the gym before I start work again

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

Back