• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R Number Two

Yeah, so I bought a DC5. With a Mugen Twin Loop. Nothing much more to report

D4BC5E17-3632-4952-89DF-4304DC1D0708-16743-00000FA38E739B85.jpg

F24BAAE5-40CC-4BCE-B2D3-3A8A3403470C-16743-00000FA3A147ECC1.jpg

9BFEB320-C68B-4EB3-8C79-F7B41D0FF81D-16957-00000FB516E829CB.jpg

Great.

Good work freaky tits.

Come on then - full run down and review comparing DC2 with it.

What happened to DC2 by the way? sold or pending sale? I don't want to buy it, just nosey.

DC5 is still on my must own list.

****s.

RIGHT. Comparison to DC2 time.

Pros:
- Noticeably quicker, especially through the gears. Picks up far better after a change. MOAR TORX.
- Faaaaarrrr better gear ratios, no need to change right on the limiter to stay in VTEC, most noticeable in the 3rd/4th change
- 6th gear, makes cruising so much nicer.
- The ride is probably just as firm however it is nowhere near as harsh. That said, the car feels so much more planted (apologies for the cliché but its hard to stay away from them!).
- No rust.
- For only a year between my DC2 and this, the exterior and interior especially is way more modern and contemporary looking.
- Probably more but that's all that springs to mind.

Cons
- Sounds less frantic in VTEC than my DC2 did.
- That's literally it.

In conclusion, the DC5 is a far better car all round in my opinion. A half decent cruiser when you want it to be and far more capable than certainly my DC2 ever was. Seriously, I can take corners at speeds (all within legal limits of course ;)) I wouldn't have felt comfortable with in the DC2. I don't know how much of that is down to the EXCELLENT Potenza RE070's that are currently on it or how much of it is down to the newer, cleverer chassis.

So basically, DC2 owners, BUY ONE.

Scouted. Very nice purchase Scott. So how long have you had it? And as Rodan asked, what of the DC2?

Any plans? Apart from leaving it to wallow in its own filth like a pig. :lol:

Back