• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

More pics? What, like this...? :(

Fvck you Ford Mondeo, fvck you..

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

A guy in his S reg POS thought it'd be a grand idea to use the rear of my car as a stop barrier.

Was in stationary traffic on the A23 on the way back from JAE on Sunday and he "didn't notice"... Swiftly followed by "these things happen"...

My very first thought was "sh*t, my exhaust!". And lo and behold he has damaged it. Now awaiting quotes for its replacement.

He wanted to keep it out of insurance. Until I told him how much the exhaust is likely to cost him. He swiftly retracted.

Positive is that he admitted liabilty; now just have the potential saga of dealing with his insurance company and convincing them to replace the exhaust along with repairing the damage...

Watch this space.

K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool.

Noooooooooooooo!

I know these things happen, but I still would've nutted him.

That's shiz Karl, sorry to see this fella. :( I hope it's gets sorted swiftly, without too many headaches!

MotheroffvckingRAGE.

It's that corridor of peasants from the M25 down to Brighton, worse than Bradistan.

At least he had insurance though.

Only popped into this thread to rant about my disappointment at now knowing I will never fit into a Bride seat. :(

Oh man, that's bad :(

Especially given how long you waited for the exhaust to turn up in the first place.

Re: K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool.

Just catching up on the forum after an early night.

Gutted for you mate. :(

Neck OK?

Sucks man, anymore damage other than the bumper and exhaust? The body and bootlid look fine from the pictures

This could be a perfect excuse to buy a dc5 if you ever wanted one. If they try to write off the car make sure you butt fcuk then for money!!

What the fvcking fvck????

Oh FFS Karl, i know how this feels. I just hope you don't go down the same route as i did when its repaired :(

That's shiz Karl, sorry to see this fella. :( I hope it's gets sorted swiftly, without too many headaches!

Oh man, that's bad :(

Especially given how long you waited for the exhaust to turn up in the first place.

A sad sight to see mate. Hopefully it will all come good.

Thanks for the sentiment guys, it's appreciated. Pretty gutted, and every time I look at the pictures I took I get a little sad. lol. But will wait and hear the verdict from the other guys insurance once they've had the estimate from the garage I had it sent to.

Noooooooooooooo!

I know these things happen, but I still would've nutted him.

I was actually suprisingly placid. I always thought I would erupt with anger if anyone ever hit me. Must have been the shock and disappointment.

MotheroffvckingRAGE.

It's that corridor of peasants from the M25 down to Brighton, worse than Bradistan.

At least he had insurance though.

Only popped into this thread to rant about my disappointment at now knowing I will never fit into a Bride seat. :(

Yeah, I judged a book by his cover and instantly expected he wouldn't be insured, so was shocked/ mildly happier when his details turned out to be legitimate and he accepted liability.

Just catching up on the forum after an early night.

Gutted for you mate. :(

Neck OK?

Well I'm unsure at the moment, it did hurt a fair amount and I had a blistering headache shortly afterwards. Went to A&E just to get checked etc and I'm on a cocktail of paracetamol and ibuprofen three times a day and then tramadol after dinner (as will just fall asleep during the day otherwise).

This could be a perfect excuse to buy a dc5 if you ever wanted one. If they try to write off the car make sure you butt fcuk then for money!!

Sucks man, anymore damage other than the bumper and exhaust? The body and bootlid look fine from the pictures

If they were going to scrap it, I'd strip it to a shell then sell bits.

I can't see them doing that though?

The boot and rear panels didn't suffer any damage from what I could see. The boot needs a respray as it was scratched where the bumper came upwards when it was hit. The insurance company did mention the first time that I spoke to them that "due to the vehicles age it is likely to be uneconomical to repair" but my garage has told them that the damage doesn't warrant that; I honestly think it'll be the cost of the exhaust that will push them over the edge. I've got a screen shot from Touge's website (not that I'd use them again), and a monsterous quote from Sumo Power; just waiting on another from another source and will probably get one from Injection Imports too just so I have enough data for them to get an average cost etc.

But Sumo's quote really is laughable, that's all I'll say. And if they use that as their target price then my car will be written off without a doubt.

I'll buy it back and get it fixed if there's no chassis damage, but then I have the ballache of my car being declared Cat D (I think that's the right code for crash repaired) meaning it'll be worth dogsh*t if and when I come to sell it on.

#agro

I think you're wise to keep it dude. The amount ploughed into this car, just to let insurance kill it off would be sacrilege.

I'll buy it back and get it fixed if there's no chassis damage, but then I have the ballache of my car being declared Cat D (I think that's the right code for crash repaired) meaning it'll be worth dogsh*t if and when I come to sell it on.

#agro

If it gets written off, deffo buy it back - then strip it of the parts and put them on a JDM EP3 :D

Back