• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Bloody hell mate you are cracking on with this aren't you!:eek::cool:

Some awesome mods on it, lovin the J's stuff. It will be loud as fcuk though!:p

I reckon 125 - 130db!:twisted::lol:

My black one on start up with Kpro used to wake the whole street up at 7.30am, that had a Toda and full Spoon N1, this will be on another level!:twisted:

I'm sure you're already aware, there is no flexi's in this whole system. Engine mount upgrade needed ;)

Sorry to disappoint you Scott, but it's the stainless steel version, so don't think there'll be any blue tips :( Which is poo as I thought they coloured the steel ones to match the Ti version but obviously the finish peeling off of the steel ones has forced J's to stop adding this to newer versions...

I had thought you were baller, my mistake.

:lol:

Still, I suppose it is awesome in its own right. :twisted:

Bloody hell mate you are cracking on with this aren't you!:eek::cool:

Some awesome mods on it, lovin the J's stuff. It will be loud as fcuk though!:p

I reckon 125 - 130db!:twisted::lol:

My black one on start up with Kpro used to wake the whole street up at 7.30am, that had a Toda and full Spoon N1, this will be on another level!:twisted:

Oh dear, I could be in trouble then :p But never mind. :lol:

And cracking on? I've had it over two years, I thought I was taking it easy *hysterics* Things have slowed up quite a bit now but still have quite alot that I want to do.

I'm sure you're already aware, there is no flexi's in this whole system. Engine mount upgrade needed ;)

Yeah I noticed that. Although, I've already got ES inserts, will these not be enough do you think? If not, damn you and the extra expense! :lol:

I had thought you were baller, my mistake.

:lol:

Still, I suppose it is awesome in its own right. :twisted:

Hey Ruuuu! I am still baller, just not as baller as I could have been. :lol: My thought process was the difference in cost has paid for the Kpro and mapping, so there was a method to my madness. But correct, it surely is awesome! :D

Jay, I tried to message you but your inbox is full. Message was as follows:

Hey Jay, what time were you aiming to get down to Eurospec on Saturday? As it looks as though my car will be ready for collection so was thinking of aiming to get there at a similar time so you can have a perusal. :)

Karl

Is it fitted????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Right, well here we have an array of power graphs. Seeing as I've never scanned the graphs of previous endevours I thought I'd upload them all so people can also see comparisons. :cool:

First two graphs are when I had my car dyno'd as a completely OEM car, as knew once I had fitted my J's intake I'd want a comparison to show increases. As can be seen, out of the factory my car ran super rich.

SCAN0009.jpg

SCAN0010.jpg

Then we have a readout of when I fitted the intake; the increase at the fly was 5.7bhp and a mild peek in torque; and 5bhp at the wheel.

SCAN0011.jpg

SCAN0012.jpg

Quite a few months passed... Then finally, Romain was able to work his magic! :twisted:

@ the fly - an increase of 45.4bhp at peak and over 50bhp in vtec engagement!! :shock:

@ the wheel - increased power of 40bhp peak.

SCAN0013.jpg

SCAN0014.jpg

So, to summarise, my car is now running 236bhp at 8,175rpm, and 172lb/ft torque at 5,800rpm. :D

Vtec is now engaging at 4,800rpm and rev limit is set to 8,600.

I'll be honest and say I was hoping for more, but then I was assured by Romain and JamesT that 236 is a very good reading for the Eurospec dyno, so in hindsight I can't grumble. Pub figures and all that.

What I should be interested in, is the change in how it drives; and all I can say is OMFG! :shock: The power is fantastic and is so useable. Overtaking has improved ten fold with the lower vtec and higher torque.

Let us not forget the 70RR... After some driving in various conditions, I can report that, yes, it is fapping loud on WOT! But at 4k rpm on motorway jaunts it is actually a mere fraction louder than OEM if you place no load, ie, not going uphill. But as soon as you decelerate/ accelerate it's an absolute monster and I love it! :twisted: But at steady rpm it's not deafening and is suprisingly easy to deal with. :)

Thus far, very happy. Now to get the decibel levels read at Brands Hatch tomorrow. :p

Comparison from stock to now, 52bhp peak :lol:

I'd be over the moon with that. Can't wait to hear it!

Look at the curve at 5000rpm LOL!

Cool man, that's serious gain you got there :cool: .

Good to hear that exhaust system is live-able too :lol: , wait until it gets really hot, it will be demonic.

Back