• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

Seems I'll have to arrange a nice orderly queue at JAE '12 :lol:

And cheers Dan :cool:

In terms of an update, there's not much going on. At the moment it is stuck at Eurospec awaiting return of my rear coilovers that were sent back to SPD Automotive as they have been knocking pretty much since I had them fitted. Along with that, once they return, I'll have a new geo setup as where the Advans are wider they scrub the rear arches on undulating bumps in the road at speed; so will be running negative camber to tuck them in. :cool: Ben and Romain assure me this won't adversely affect the handling, which is good.

I also gave them my J's exhaust hangers to finally fit, so I'm hoping the tailpipe sits a little better (lower).

I also jokingly mentioned that if Romain can withstand the ear battering, that he could play around with my map some more; as I'm having my Kpro fitted due to still borrowing Ben's K100. :lol: But this wasn't an essential task, so shall see.

If it helps take a load off your shoulders, I'll take people out in it if you like. Just to help of course.

Oh but of course. In no way would such a feat of selflessness be deemed personal fulfillment. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, not so much an update as nothing new has been fitted. Just felt the urge to take some new pictures of her after having the ride height and camber adjusted again after getting my coilovers back from a warranty repair. Without having a standard EP3 to compare with, I have no idea what the drop is any more! But I now have rake in the correct direction, haha. In terms of camber, to get the wider Advans to stop scrubbing, the rears are now running -1.5 degrees, and the fronts have been increased to -2.6!!

The pictures came about after washing the car the day before, coming outside and seeing this...

DSC_0007.jpg

... beading to make you smile! :cool:

So dried her down and went for a little drive.

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

DSC02116.jpg

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02127.jpg

Then this one shows how low she is sitting from a ground-ish perspective. You can make out the exhaust underneath :lol:

DSC02126.jpg

Also, whilst I was washing her, I decided it was about time I removed that ghastly badge on my boot as had finally had enough of the peeling red R. Once I had done that, I went over the stickers, checking which had started to peel or fade, and started removing the offending items. However, light started to fade and wanted the pictures you see above, so stopped halfway through. But I continued once I got back, and the next day, took these.

I think, even though the stickers were cool, the car looks much better now. :cool: :)

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

As always, queries and comments, if any, are welcome. :lol:

Well I was really impressed with the beading. Damn you for taking that away from me. *sobs in the corner*

:lol:

Lack of rear badge makes the boot look much better I think, glad I didn't fork out for a replacement first.

I did like the stickers for the lulz factor, but they weren't particularly in keeping with the style of the car. I think it looks better without tbh. Although I hope you still have the pedo bears on your wing mirrors, they were class.

Yes, the mini PedoBear ones in the mirrors remain, as they weren't damaged. :smt023 And the large one I have hidden behind the fuel cap door is still there. Had to take the big one off of the rear window as his face had started to fade. Probably kids rubbing him up. Wondered how all those sub 10 year olds ended up in my boot. :lol:

Will they even let you on a track if its so loud?

Not in the UK, no. But then the plan is to have a second system for track use when I get the funds together.

Stunning mate

Looking great Karl ;)

Cheers guys. :D Don't think there's much left to do, apart from make it faster! :twisted:

Lamin-x the rear lights all red, then I think the rear would look complete....

Not sure on how that would look, as have never been a fan of the PFL rear lights as the 'all red' look does nothing for me. Perhaps I can play with photoshop or something, but my initial thoughts are that I much prefer it as it stands.

Everytime I see my parts on this, I regret parting and selling my Civic.

Good to see the front is lower :)

Yeah I keep seeing comments here and there about you missing the Civic, do you think that those feeling will subside once things start coming together more with the DC5?

Front being lower does look much better now, but I think I may have gone just a bit too far, as the exhaust catches the road on almost every drive now. So I'm back to driving how I used to with my old Saxo, on the look out for even the most minimal bump so I can avoid it. :lol: Weird how it seems that every time I do something to improve aesthetics or performance on my car, it results in me driving it slower! :freak: My girlfriend has noticed this too, but disagreed with my logic in that letting me buy throttle bodies and cams would mean I'd never break another speed limit :lol: !!

Back