• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

You could. But the trouser wearer says no. Especially with money being ploughed into our house and our first child due in March; would be a very risky move buying a second car. :lol:

Bad times mate but I'm still buzzing with mine..... having owned one of Bavarian's finest you will love the 50/50 weight distribution..... don't worry about snow, that's just an excuse for people who can't drive and I'm pleased you have gone for something with some power (was it a 1 series diesel before? ahem).....

If you don't sell I'd be happy to drive my 30th to yours and swap a few bits for some monetary compensation??? :smt023

I have been working my way through the folder that came with the BMW and in there I found the advert from Sytner Birmingham for when the previous owner purchased the car.

Spec list is crazy, think the original owner (who only did 5k in 3 years of ownership) just waltzed into BMW with a big suitcase of cash and told them to spec the car with pretty much every extra lol....

BMW Spec Sheet.jpg

Only just caught up on this Pete. I'm shocked bud, but onwards and upwards. The EP is an amazing car, but it comes the day where the next move has to be done. Best of luck with the sale dude. ;)

I'd personally build up a contingency budget with these, you can get lucky but: turbos (one's a right cnut to access), wastegate rattle, crankshaft sensor, HPFP, LPFP, injectors, ignition coils, cracked alloys and walnut blasting to de-coke the engine as it's direct injection, all put me off owning one.......enjoy the car though :lol: I'd install a JB4 and destroy pretty much most cars on the road.

Only just caught up on this Pete. I'm shocked bud, but onwards and upwards. The EP is an amazing car, but it comes the day where the next move has to be done. Best of luck with the sale dude. ;)

Thanks Darren and a massive congrats to you and the good lady on the wedding buddy!!

The EP3 is a superb car and I just hope it finds a suitable home/new owner, I will be there at JAE next year only in the FOAD car park or my dads CRV for sh*ts and giggles ;)

I'd personally build up a contingency budget with these, you can get lucky but: turbos (one's a right cnut to access), wastegate rattle, crankshaft sensor, HPFP, LPFP, injectors, ignition coils, cracked alloys and walnut blasting to de-coke the engine as it's direct injection, all put me off owning one.......enjoy the car though :lol: I'd install a JB4 and destroy pretty much most cars on the road.

Haha thanks for cheering me up :D fingers crossed I am one of the lucky ones but if it needs anything doing it will be done.

Aye its no slouch, put it into manual drive (well tiptronic anyway) last night and it pushed me back into the drivers seat quite nicely lol

EP3 Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR **NOW FOR SALE** :(

A BMW warranty is worth it's weight in gold if you can stretch to it. I've never known any other manufacturer to be so willing to repair a car under warranty. You can literally go in with a rattling dashboard and they would probably put a whole new unit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I've owned the BMW for a week now I thought I'd do a short review of my early ownership.

Firstly it has surprised me just how comfortable and versatile the 335i is, using the comfort access system to get into the car, you are immediately surrounded by quality materials and parts, the seats themselves are as comfortable as my leather sofa at home, are fully electric, heated and even memorise to the key fob you use so a husband and wife could have different seating positions that the car will adjust to dependent on the fob used to unlock the doors.

Shut the door and the seat belt is passed to you by a remote arm which then recoils as you fasten the belt, foot on the brake hit the start button and the 3litre twin turbo six cylinder fires up instantly and my god the sound is just immense, really does sound similar to a mini V8 like a few of the experts claimed in their reviews.

In full auto mode the car is like Jekyll and Hyde, you can gently push the throttle and it will glide up the road with the sound of the six cylinder engine purring away, the gear change is lovely and smooth and is perfect for around town commuting.
However plant your right foot and the car takes off like you have just robbed the local Halifax bank, the power/torque combination is amazing and because peak torque is available from 1200rpm the car just goes, put it into semi-automatic mode and its even quicker allowing you to rev the engine higher and shifting with the paddles, gear change feels instant and much quicker than you could manually shift up and down.

Lastly there is the spec of this particular car, its absolutely ridiculous and the original owner must have just put a tick through the options sheet, built in sat nav, phone system, freeview TV, 6 CD autochanger, comfort access, electric seats, parking sensors and that's just a few bits, even the alcantara roof lining is an optional extra.

I took the Type R out for a drive tonight as I don't want to leave it standing around and it never fails to impress me, its still an amazing car that feels like a go kart to drive and pulls like a train but the luxury of the BMW makes me feel like ive made the right decision, but hey maybe its just because im getting old ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
As I've owned the BMW for a week now I thought I'd do a short review of my early ownership.

Firstly it has surprised me just how comfortable and versatile the 335i is, using the comfort access system to get into the car, you are immediately surrounded by quality materials and parts, the seats themselves are as comfortable as my leather sofa at home, are fully electric, heated and even memorise to the key fob you use so a husband and wife could have different seating positions that the car will adjust to dependent on the fob used to unlock the doors.

Shut the door and the seat belt is passed to you by a remote arm which then recoils as you fasten the belt, foot on the brake hit the start button and the 3litre twin turbo six cylinder fires up instantly and my god the sound is just immense, really does sound similar to a mini V8 like a few of the experts claimed in their reviews.

In full auto mode the car is like Jekyll and Hyde, you can gently push the throttle and it will glide up the road with the sound of the six cylinder engine purring away, the gear change is lovely and smooth and is perfect for around town commuting.
However plant your right foot and the car takes off like you have just robbed the local Halifax bank, the power/torque combination is amazing and because peak torque is available from 1200rpm the car just goes, put it into semi-automatic mode and its even quicker allowing you to rev the engine higher and shifting with the paddles, gear change feels instant and much quicker than you could manually shift up and down.

Lastly there is the spec of this particular car, its absolutely ridiculous and the original owner must have just put a tick through the options sheet, built in sat nav, phone system, freeview TV, 6 CD autochanger, comfort access, electric seats, parking sensors and that's just a few bits, even the alcantara roof lining is an optional extra.

I took the Type R out for a drive tonight as I don't want to leave it standing around and it never fails to impress me, its still an amazing car that feels like a go kart to drive and pulls like a train but the luxury of the BMW makes me feel like ive made the right decision, but hey maybe its just because im getting old ;)
Nice write up Pete!

I'm always tempted away from Honda's by the creature comforts of the likes of BMW's, Merc's etc! But then if I get a car like that I yearn for the driving involvement the Honda seems to have!

It does sound like a really good car to be in for pottering about and then has plenty of grunt for when you want to be a hooligan! :D

If you were to take it around your favorite A or B road how does it compare to the Type R?

If you were to take it around your favorite A or B road how does it compare to the Type R?

Actually a really good question buddy, I would say A road driving is much more comfortable in the BMW, feels like you could happily cover a 300 mile journey and be as fresh as a daisy when you reach the other end.

On the other hand B road driving doesn't have the same level of drive involvement that the EP3 has and to be honest is where I feel the Type R's are best suited, not many cars put a grin on your face as much as a Type R when giving it some around the countryside with their awesome gearbox and high revving engine combination.

As I said maybe I'm just getting old haha

That's a bit like me :lol: I've literally made no effort to get the Civic ready for sale

22148495460_c6e30238ec_b.jpg

Back