• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Gary8150

Tegiwa RBC gaskets??

thanks for that. only other thing is it has an adapter plate from the intake to the throttle body and ill need a gasket for that. do you know which gasket ill need for that?? the intake is made for a k24 as far as i know and this adpater lets you put the OEM k20 throttle body on
  2. Gary8150

Tegiwa RBC gaskets??

I got a tegiwa RBC and adapter plate to fit my OEM throttle body on to it but came with no gaskets. what gaskets do i need for the adapter plate and can i get these from honda or somewhere off the net?? such a pain in the arse when they don't send you the gaskets with them. will i also need a...
  3. Gary8150

tegiwa kit

I also gained 12 bhp but this was with the tegiwa kit and tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold. Brilliant sound from the tegiwa induction. £330 well spent if you ask me.
  4. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

Think you need to rectify which area of the engine bay the noise is coming from first because let's be honest. It could be anything.
  5. Gary8150

Struggle to select first and second gear on ep3

Come to think of it they have redone our road and chippings are everywhere. I rattled the gear stick like fcuk lastnite and sorted it so will take the gruppe m off and have a look. I have my pipe going over the top so can't be that. I'll investigate this afternoon.
  6. Gary8150

johngreen537's Milano EP3! Neuspeed ARB's! Bonnet Wrap!

You will be wrapping the whole car and the wheels if you carrie on.
  7. Gary8150

59492 miles mate. I've done a few tests and it won't move across to 1st and 2nd gear. If you push it left and up it goes into 3rd. It only does it sometimes. Worst when you are in such as 5th or 6th and pull up to a junction then try select 1st. Feels like it doesn't have 1st or second at all...
  8. Gary8150

This last day or two I have struggled to get the car into first and second after it's been fired up for five minutes. It's not the fact it won't select but the gear stick it's self won't go over far enough to select first and second. Cable maybe? I'll have a better go tonight and see if I can...
  9. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

Matches and a can of petrol???
  10. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

You could test the mounts buy jacking up the engine and leave the wheels on the ground while it's idling and see if it starts to disappear. If not I would think it has nothing to do with your back engine mount or gearbox mount.
  11. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

You could try taking the belt off and running it and see if it does it. It's worth s go.
  12. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

Tbh I would never take my car to Honda. They are robbing bastards and just change stuff that doesn't need doing.In my opinion I wouldn't waste anymore money on it untill it sounds like it's getting worse. But that's just what I would do. Get a stethoscope and have a listen round. Lol.
  13. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

If you take rocker cover off oil will fly everywhere. I thought if you took it off Nd it got louder still it would be I the head but if you have had a go well I wouldn't have a clue after that. Isn't the alternator?
  14. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

It gets a lot louder when you put it nearer the head. Unscrew the oil filler cap while it's idling and see if it gets louder. Does it make any odds if clutch is in or out. Always a start trying simple things like that even if it's nothing to do with it alteast it's a kick off the list. Oh and...
  15. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold for ep3

It puts you back in the seat when vtec come in, in second gear. First just spins up. It's far better to drive when you get up on the lake roads late at night. Don't have to rev it's arse off anymore to keep it in vtec. Far better all round driving car now. Also gaining 5 to 7 mpg every tank I...
  16. Gary8150

So did I TBH. It's helped a lot midrange but top end it not much difference. It was 139 ib/ft before and 162 ib/ft after. @ 6000 rpm BHP was 156 bhp before and 182 bhp after.@ 6000 rpm The before and after was with the manifold, gruppe m and exhaust before and after k100. I've ordered a rbi...
  17. Gary8150

I got it k100. Engine mount inserts where done by Tdi but I could of easily done it my self after watching them do it. It was 213.4 bhp with magnex catback and cheap eBay filter. 222.5 bhp with gruppe m tegiwa manifold magnex cat back and stock ecu then 229.4 bhp with gruppe m tegiwa manifold...
  18. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

Had any luck?
  19. Gary8150

Where do you get the wrap from? Is it easy to fit?
  20. Gary8150

I fancy a change of exhaust.

I'll have a look and think about it. I like the sound of my magnex but heard it's a bit restrictive.
  21. Gary8150

Well thats interesting. Must have all the sensors already there in that case. Where did you get your jdm front ARB? Mine was from eightspeed. Was cheapest one I could find.
  22. Gary8150

Would never expect the heater controls to do that. So you just changed the knob switches and it worked on Auto???
  23. Gary8150

Indicators not working but hazzards are?

Was just about to say it could be the clutch pedal catching on the fuse wires...............:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  24. Gary8150

Bushes???

Thanks. I'll ring up in the morning and see what they can do
  25. Gary8150

Bushes???

Can't seem find any poly bushes to replace my bottom arm bushes on my ep3. Can find any amount of normal bushes but Would like some poly's. Anyone have any idea of where I could get some or even a kit for the front or anything? My bottom arm bushes are ripped and all sorts but are the originals...
  26. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

When was it last serviced? I no this has nothing to do with your car or a civic in general and not telling you to do this but I had an old Almera GTI that made a noise like that. Was just an old winter car and drained the oil and put tractor engine oil in. Cured it. I wouldn't do that with your...
  27. Gary8150

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

Would call that a knock rather than a rattle. Does it get any worse when hot? Cold? After hard driving?
  28. Gary8150

Tegiwa engine torque damper rattle on start up

Well I have the tegiwa air box which is the gruppe m replica. It was £330. Gruppe m on eBay was £1046. Unbelievable price. Well Paul reckons 240+ peak and should be an extra 10 or 15 midrange which will be s 40bhp increase from standard mid range. Hopefully should be around their but let me know...
  29. Gary8150

It was 213.4 bhp with magnex catback and cheap eBay filter. 222.5 bhp with gruppe m tegiwa manifold magnex cat back and stock ecu then 229.4 bhp with gruppe m tegiwa manifold magnex cat back and Kpro. Vtec comes in now at 4700 and revs to 8600. Going to try rbc on it next. Wish I did it from the...
  30. Gary8150

thanks folks. ill have a look into it. ill get the rbc intake first and save up for a exhaust
  31. Gary8150

I got a tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold and gruppe m. gained 12bhp peak power before remap with these 2 and after a gained a further 13bhp. I got tdi north to fit some engine mount inserts and that completely stopped wheel hop on my car. give a little vibration now and again but not so much bothered about...
  32. Gary8150

I'll have a look into that. Thanks. Do you think I'll gain much extra with intake and exhaust? It's already mapped with tegiwa manifold and gruppe m. Will get it mapped again once I get the inlet and exhaust on.
  33. Gary8150

I'm thinking about changing my exhaust because I want a new inlet manifold and throttle body. I have the gruppe m and tegiwa 4-2-1 on the car at the moment and seen as though my magnex cat back is same diameter pipe as OEM I would like to change it for a bigger diameter. Any ideas on what I...
  34. Gary8150

EP3 Wheel Banging

got the engine inserts in and no wheel hop at all now. the front engine mount was fucked.
  35. Gary8150

De - cat for an EP3, O2 sensor prblems and solutions

don't waste your money on a decat. get a race header. i had the thought of a decat but went with the tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold. without map i got good gains. was different again to drive. got it mapped on tuesday and its different again. i got my o2 sensor L piece off ebay because i got the header...
  36. Gary8150

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

Seen this at Tdi north today. Sounded well!!!
  37. Gary8150

My EP3 30TH Anniversary Satin Silver

Also when the car was stock apart from a different filter I got it dyno'd at 206 bhp
  38. Gary8150

Got her on Tdi norths rollers today. Was 222 bhp with stock ecu gruppe m tegiwa manifold and magnex cat back. After map it was 229 bhp Gained 24 bhp mid range and what a difference it made. I'm happy with the results anyways.
  39. Gary8150

Cig Smoke

I cleaned mine with turtle wax apolstry cleaner from Halfords. It's green with a yellow brush on the top. Worked a treat on my awful roof lining.
  40. Gary8150

Knocking Noise EP3 02

I had the knocking problem sounded like something was loose in the suspension and it was my bottom arm joints. Didn't look worn or have much play when viewing them but once I got them out they were f**ked. It cured my knocking.
  41. Gary8150

Will do mate.
  42. Gary8150

Just to let you all know I went on the dyno tonight just to see if I gained anything from last time I was on. Difference this time was tegiwa 4-2-1 and tegiwa air box and I have gained 12bhp. I could feel a big difference when I put the tegiwa stuff on and this proves it. Can't wait to get it...
  43. Gary8150

Yeah the heat shield rattled but I sorted that with hard rubber washers and it's sorted the problem. Ball ache to fit with no instructions but got it in the end. Will sort the scuttle panel tonight.
  44. Gary8150

Have my tegiwa gruppe M air box on now. Just need to sort scuttle panel out and jobs a gooden. Also the car is booked into TDI NORTH. For remap on 24th may.
  45. Gary8150

Did you fit the mounts yourself? I'll order some tomorrow. I like the header. It make it sound a lot fitter to. Echo's down the vally near the river now
  46. Gary8150

I already got the jdm front ARB fitted along with tegiwa 4-2-1 and tegiwa induction kit. ( gruppe m replica ). I'm pleased with the gains already. With it stock I couldn't turn the corner and come up our hill in 3rd with out it taking a while to pick up but now it just pulls away. Just need...
  47. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Ah rite well it likely makes no odds then. I'm getting it dyno'd soon to see if the tegiwa manifold and induction kit has made much difference on paper.
  48. Gary8150

What do people think of these?

I've never been on another dyno before so wudnt have a clue. Another car we put on was a astra Vxr totally standard and it did 250.5 and claimed to me 237 new. We also took my brothers BMW 330d which is 184 and his dyno read was 203.
  49. Gary8150

No ecu change untill may when I take it to Tdi north. It's his dyno that's out. I had a old primera GT for a winter car that's 148bhp standard and his dyno read was 161.3 and it was completely standard apart from a cheap max power filter I found in a scrap car. Also had a red Almera GTI that's...
  50. Gary8150

It was 221.1 with a magnex cat back and cheap eBay filter bought for vtec sound only and since then had tegiwa manifold and induction kit.
  51. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

No problem. That's the one I bought. Its amazing what you can find when you have a good search.
  52. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313&_nkw=Universal+Angle+fix+Sensor+cel+Oxygen+OBD2+simulator+02&_sacat=See-All-Categories
  53. Gary8150

I ordered a tegiwa induction kit off ebay for £340 and fitted it tonight. vtec sounds alot better than my old piece of **** filter. its getting dyno'd on saturday so ill soon find out if ive gained.
  54. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

i also looked at this manifold but i was drawn away by the fact that to me the pipes are the wrong way round. if you look at my manifold piston 1 and 4 are joined into the same pipe and same with 2 and 3 because 1 and 4 run at the same position and 2 and 3 run the same. dont know if this makes...
  55. Gary8150

spot on. got it
  56. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

did indeed. i got mine from eight speed. was the cheapest i could find.
  57. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Right well I'll get some mounts And ask Tdi north to put them in when I get it mapped if he will do it. I took a picture of my L shape from underneath just now. The reason I got it was it looked tight just having a straight one on.
  58. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Is it easy to fit them? On the driveway DIY job?
  59. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

It look a lot of finding that L shape adapter. It came from Canada. Suits. I have the jdm FARB but no engine mounts as yet. Any ideas on the engine mounts?
  60. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Looks nice that manifold. I have a picture of the L shape in it's packet What's a wide band 02 sensor?
  61. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

It did look like it was uneven so I measured it all and all good. The old manifold looked useless compared to the new one. Thin pipes and nipped in so it fits in the one. I have one picture but I'll lean under the car at dinner and take a picture of the L piece.
  62. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Got it off eBay. Been looking for a while and one popped so bought it right away. Their was loads without the L shape on but I wasn't convinced. Theirs no way the light can come on with this L shape. It has a tiny hole in it and the sensor is a long way off the exhaust.
  63. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

TBH I have notice a massive difference. I didn't think it would make much difference before I get it mapped but it has. It pulls harder in vtec and picks up better between 4500 to 6000. Just ordered an tegiwa gruppe m replica induction kit so that should also help. All the pipes are exactly...
  64. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Ah well that's ok. I thought their might of been something wrong inside and didn't want the hassle of taking it off and sending it back. I'll worrie about the MOT when I comes up in march. I know the MOT fella so that helps.
  65. Gary8150

Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold

Just put on my tegiwa 4-2-1 this weekend and it's great apart from a slight tinny/whistle noise it has. It has no leaks on any joints or any holes or cracks. It just sounds like it's from inside the pipes. Is this normal??
  66. Gary8150

Cheers mate I'm well impressed with it. Right I'll keep that in mind. If it does go I'll weld it on a slight angle because it's pulling it slighty when I tightened up the b pipe.
  67. Gary8150

Finally got the manifold on. Old one looks **** compared to the new.
  68. Gary8150

Can someone tell me how to get up a picture on avatar. i cant find where it is or nothing.
  69. Gary8150

Forgot to put the picture of the tegiwa on. It never came with an manifold gasket. Can I use the old 1 or need another? It came with the cat back gasket.
  70. Gary8150

I did think he maybe ment ARB but never know with some of these things. i have to google most of these abbreviations as it is
  71. Gary8150

Not sure what ARM stands for.
  72. Gary8150

Just when I get round to it. I'm working 6am to dark 7days a week at the moment. Hopefully have it in within the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to getting the tegiwa mani on.
  73. Gary8150

screeching whining noise most evident in 3rd gear at low revs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TEGIWA-MAGNETIC-GEARBOX-OIL-PLUG-CIVIC-TYPE-R-EP3-K20A2-/180574765831?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0b184307
  74. Gary8150

LSD For EP3

Ah right well I'll be seeing Paul in may when I go to get it mapped. Thanks for the help folks much appreciated.
  75. Gary8150

LSD For EP3

Ah right well I'll be seeing Paul in may when I go to get it mapped. Thanks for the help folks much appreciated.
  76. Gary8150

LSD For EP3

Well it might just get done then. Is it a job I could tackle myself or is it a job for the experts? If it's a job for the experts where could I take it? I live in Cumbria
  77. Gary8150

LSD For EP3

Well thanks a lot for that. Sorry. when I mean bad to fit I mean is it hard/easy to fit. I'm unsure of what you have to do. Such as is it in gearbox. Is it a bolt on part? I do most of my own work. Basically it was an idea for when my clutch goes as I plan to put an uprated clutch and...
  78. Gary8150

LSD For EP3

I'm after people's views on LSD for my ep3. Is it a good idea? Is it worth it? How much is it? Is it bad to fit? Will I gain a lot from it? Will it reduce or stop wheel hop? I've always liked the idea of LSD but if it's a task I might just leave it. I'm not sure on what procedures...
  79. Gary8150

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I just run on 95 Ron. Did not gain anything in any way on v power. I live up in the sticks and I like vtec so I get 200 per tank and sometimes just 160. But on steady runs to Carlisle and back which is 40 mile trip I can get up to 300 miles per tank.
  80. Gary8150

Rolling road costs!

I get mine done at kirkbride for £30 per car
  81. Gary8150

Finally after 18 days after ordering from eight speed my JDM front anti roll bar has come so now I can get the tegiwa 4-2-1 on.
  82. Gary8150

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

Also did you ever get it touch with the fella you bought it off. Seems to be a lot of problems with it and their is so many type R's out there to choose from.
  83. Gary8150

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

about the vibration after 60. i had the same problem with my 4.6 hse rangerover. after a days smashing it on an off road coarse it started doing it and i jacked each wheel up and spinned them n they where buckled. you could try jacking it up and spinning the wheel unless you have already done that.
  84. Gary8150

big service

Think I will get a Honda stamp and service Hondas n charge 700 notes. Money to be made there. What a total waste of money.
  85. Gary8150

Sometimes them code readers just read out. I would start off with mechanics now instead of relying on the reader. Get the cat and them dodgy sensors sorted and go from there. A fella with an BMW x5 at work took it to BMW to get it on the code reader as it would missfire then stop. It Read...
  86. Gary8150

Civic EK4?

Well it sounds like it could be a good buy then. I have my ep3 out now so don't need another winter car until next year but if this one is up for sale now I mite as well grab a bargain while it's there and put it in the barn until winter. If I sheet it up it will stop me modding it.
  87. Gary8150

Civic EK4?

That's the way. This has 96k but have had 3 harsh owners. Has a whine in the gearbox and the track rod end snapped and the wheel bent back so has a dint in the wing. This doesn't bother me though. Mechanics isn't a problem and an odd dint is just character. It's only going to be a winter car.
  88. Gary8150

Civic EK4?

A lad in the area is selling his red S reg EK4. Was thinking of buying it for a winter car. Good idea or bad? It's starting to look rough but would do for an old winter minter. I had a black primera GT for last winter but went for scrap. Don't like spending to much on a winter car as it's prime...
  89. Gary8150

Pleased I bought this one. I looked at a NHB ep3 n took it for a half hour test drive and when we got back to Honda it was covered in dust so put me off. Also I could see where all the bolt on mods had been fitted. Every one has different tastes I suppose. Mugen grill is on the list now. Like...
  90. Gary8150

The last 5 pictures just have a ? In a blue box when I look at them on my iPhone. It does look better with the mudflaps off and they are starting to crack and the bottoms rip on them so they could easy come off yet. The engine bay is basic really. Needs a good clean and get rid of that cheap...
  91. Gary8150

Thanks dotty. Where a bit of a struggle getting the back off the sticker with out it sticking to the wrong side but went on well. The previous owner had infinity stickers there and they were well stuck on.
  92. Gary8150

My 30th AE NHB - Mugen Goodies & TDI North Tuned

Looks tidy. Liking the mugen front.
  93. Gary8150

Trying to collate a list of common faults to check when viewing an EP3

To right. People just worrying to much.
  94. Gary8150

After a few people mentioning the steering issue I have noticed if you let go of the steering wheel while slightly left it will drift slightly to the left and same as for the right. But I didn't notice this until I read about it on here. It doesn't bother me what so ever and don't think it's...
  95. Gary8150

I've had my civic for over a year now and given it the death and it's never let me down. Only thing I have done is replace the anti roll bar links. Did a mot history check on it the other day and it's never had an advisory for any of the mot's. It's a 03. any problems that people seem to have is...
  96. Gary8150

Thought as much. I'll keep looking. Perhaps try on the wanted section of this forum.
Back