• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. M

Push Start Button Plug and Play kits?

Anyone seen these? westbayz.tumblr.com
  2. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 Tegiwa short shifter

Great post, will look into this unit for my swap.
  3. M

RRC

No actually fitted on a Kswapped civic EG.
  4. M

Civic EK4 mod advice ?

Stock K20 it and call it a day!
  5. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

With that failed macpherson strut suspension design.... Wish Honda would just stick to what is proven.
  6. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

No, but I have taken a few K20As out of them in my day. Driven a few, car feels like a car... big body, feels... safe... dislike how high you sit from the ground, they are pretty cars but too heavy to do anything with. Also, the engine bays are a pain to work in.
  7. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Last I read this was a DC5 vs DC2 thread. Dig yourself a new thread. Comparing the DC5 to the DC2... DC2 is a handmade masterpiece.. the DC5... well... IMO the only real use for a DC5-R is to be a K20A donor for a DC2-R.. :D
  8. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Opinions are like assholes everybody has one. Timeless:
  9. M

£200 remap, 30 hp and 50 torque aparently?

Well... just a Kpro ECU and a proper tune on the stock K20 engine nets major gains compared to what the motor makes from factory. 20whp I think is do-able but you wont gain 50tq... and no where near it especially from a 2.0 litre. Also, your gains depends on what the car can physically do, there...
  10. M

FD2 Whats your opinions on the FD2 Type R?

Interesting that the suspension is 'bouncy'... I havent gotten the chance to drive a FD2 yet and there are none around here. I would have to spend the $30K USD to import without even knowing how they drive.
  11. M

FD2 Depressed with my CTR vs WRX Vers.8

Time is longer than rope.
  12. M

Oh, I didnt realize a lot of these threads were so old... Just getting familiar with the site.
  13. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 Oil?

10w 30 mobile1 fully synthetic is what I always run and have never had a issue. I also check my oil every other morning before I start the car.
  14. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 Where are the K Series swapped DC2 and DB8 Type Rs?

The aluminum oil pans are garbage... when I had in a K20 I slammed it many times but have never cracked it open... I changed it out as soon as a steel unit became available.
  15. M

Havent had the interest to enquire. Pretty expensive from hearing about it by word of mouth. I want to do a 98 Spec DC2 Type R next... black, gunmetal rims, red seats. My DB8 is 1997 and I put on the 5 lug etc etc etc etc... the next DC2 Im going to purchase will come equipped with a lot of...
  16. M

EP3 Differences between the JDM and UKDM DC2

Its hard to note all differences... Honda is kind of weird... Airbag and ABS was also an option (to not have) in the DC2 98 Spec
  17. M

I have destroyed zero. I installed a steel oil pan, it doesnt smash open only bends/dents. Have had nothing but the best experience.
  18. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Well, I understand your dilemma. It must be tough having these beauties rust.
  19. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Im currently in The Cayman Islands... :) We dont have salt on the roads but lots of salt in the air from the seas.
  20. M

Yes, I just said that is mine. K is the way. B motors are too slow nowadays.
  21. M

Lower ball joint replacement. EP3

Great write up.
  22. M

RRC

If the EP3 bay is anything like a DC5, then yes, expect to atleast remove the bonnet stand's clip from the front core support.
  23. M

has any one done a k20 head with a k24 bottom end

MPG depends on your tune... if tuned well with a Hondata Kpro or other ECU, the MPG is like stock. (so long you dont have a heavy foot :) )
  24. M

Re-Pin Injector Clips?

Im pretty sure the OEM clips will work, did this with my Mitsubishi EVO X 600cc injectors on my K24 motor. Take your time and de-pin the clips and swap connectors.
  25. M

Tensioner

Tensioner can go on hand/wrist tight I believe the manual calls for 8ftlbs which is lower than any torque wrench I have ever owned. Did this many, many times and a good hand tight is fine. DONT over tighten the bolts and snap them though, some people have no sense of tight-ness.
  26. M

RRC

The RRC is shorter than the RBC. Just installed one. Ignore the rumours, the RRC works fins non-DBW, just get the karcepts throttle body plate and its a bolt up mod. Expect great gains.
  27. M

Weird question, how much difference will 40bhp make?

Thats a huge difference. Power/Weight ratio is against you in a EP3 they are fat.
  28. M

This is mine: K24A2 TSX motor swapped 230+whpn:cool:
  29. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

I have pulled down completely, under carpet etc several DC2 ITRs, all JDM spec. They all have zero rust, there is no common rust spots on these cars, like the civic EG hatch's with the rusted wheel welds in the rear always. Looks of a DC2 age? Never, that car is one of the rare masterpiece cars...
  30. M

There are a lot of variables... first... what tires are you on? Street tires? good sticky street tires? even then the hard sidewall doesnt help a FF in drag. Also, you need to drive the car... revving 1st to 7k doesnt do it, you need to feel when the car is spinning and when its doing a...
  31. M

FD2 Fastest FF car in Japan...

Sounds supercharged.
  32. M

FD2 Quite possibly the best FD2 I have seen

That exhaust looks great, is it a 3"? K Series motors love to flow
  33. M

CR-Z with a few little extras

K swap time!! looks very nice.
  34. M

Fit A Push Button Start

Installed one in a Type R this weekend, buddy of mine sells some plug and play kits
  35. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

Aged?... not really... the ITRs are very well made, if there is any surface rust, its just about always on the front core supports and its very easy to get to and clean up.
  36. M

timing chain skipped a cog

the oem unit is not great compared to the aftermarket ones
  37. M

ARC intake

ARC intakes still available since they shut down?
  38. M

My DC2. Haters please assemble at Pg87

I need a black ITR... I need one... too pretty.
  39. M

Finally have a Milano CTR Premier Edition

Looks nice, the milano is a nice color, but seems to fade easily.
  40. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 Part Numbers?

I need the part number for the push button start holder as well... will dig up this thread.
  41. M

Does a k20a2 need high octane fuel?

I find that my K20 and K24 always run better on higher octane... especially with the Hondata Kpro tune.
  42. M

insurance ??

Thats a crazy price on insurance~ It should be half that.
  43. M

timing chain skipped a cog

The timing chain tensioner needs to be replaced and possibly upgraded with a hybrid racing or skunk2 unit.
  44. M

DC2 DB8 DC5 dc5 vs dc2

DC2 is a much better car and suspension design. The chassis is timeless, the only thing that HAS aged is the B18C motor. I only drive K swaps, I just cannot drive a B18 anymore, much too slow. The DC5 is a great car, just that K20A belongs in the belly of a DC2-R.
Back