• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Hicky7

My EP3 CTR

Nothing wrong with a fake Gruppe M, no point in spending ridiculous money just to be a Honda fan boy.. However I'm so confused on what's going on with your wheels...
  2. Hicky7

Cam Cover Guidance..

Cheers buddy, sounds like a bit of a pain, I watched a youtube guide and it just showed him taking the rubber seal off but doesn't state if he used the same one again or not...
  3. Hicky7

Cam Cover Guidance..

Hey guys forgive me if this is in the wrong place or there is already a thread, in which case could you point me in the right direction? I'm looking to refurb my cam cover and noticed there is a rubber seal at the bottom, would this need replacing or removing at all if I'm going to spray it...
  4. Hicky7

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *Lowered and FRSU Pics added*

Hi Guys, Decided to add a few more shots after the car had been lowered with a very detailed clean taking over 5 hours haha! Anyway here are more pictures... And finally a snap of how low the B-Pipe is after having it lowered.. Cheers Guys
  5. Hicky7

Thanks mate! yeah looking very similar! Ah okay cool will look at getting one then! Wanna do the brakes next...
  6. Hicky7

So anyway with the weather being rubbish I couldn't be bothered to wait for nice weather to get some pics and show you all.. So these are just done on my front driveway :) And here is a shot from the Fast Road Set Up done at TGM I Apologise for how dirty the car is currently but...
  7. Hicky7

Right had the car lowered on Eibach Sportlines and had the FRSU done and it has completely changed the car....I'm loving it at the moment, will get pictures up soon need to give it a clean first! Also people with this set up, do any of you have a thicker rear ARB and if so does it make a massive...
  8. Hicky7

Cheers buddy, yeah I'm well excited to have it all done been a long time coming! Haha yeah she might be actually so will ask her and let you know ;)
  9. Hicky7

Also forgot to say I got a a Pioneer Double Din headunit for my birthday! always wanted one for the EP3 as they look smart... This is the state of my centre console when trying to fit it...not an easy job! But once it was all out was a nice easy fit, ended up buying a new cage and facia from...
  10. Hicky7

Dan & Owen's EP3 Race + Track Build

nice lap of the ring! hopefully head over there next year! will definitely keep an eye on this thread!
  11. Hicky7

Hello people, I realise it's been a while but I decided to go back into education and try sort my life out haha, so basically funds have been going towards that recently. Not much has really changed on the car, my girlfriends mum reversed into my car which worked out well for me because it...
  12. Hicky7

You Jay's Satin Silver EP3, My pride and joy!

Yeah man it certainly has, cars come a long way! Okay cool just getting some information as I'm going to give my car some lows soon! Cheers mate!
  13. Hicky7

You Jay's Satin Silver EP3, My pride and joy!

Hello buddy! cars looking good! just wondering how much is this lowered by? which set of Eibachs you go for?
  14. Hicky7

Not at the moment James, I'm going to jack it up soon so I can take some pictures so will get them up here soon..
  15. Hicky7

Ha that's cool each to their own, tbh it comes with a lifetime guarantee so if there are problems it can get sorted its only a lil bit of piping so all cool!
  16. Hicky7

Yeah definitely makes you wonder why companies charge so much for the exact same thing...
  17. Hicky7

£160 mate includes labour, parts and fitting!
  18. Hicky7

Na, it's just I couldn't notice it that well when driving in car because of my intake, I like it nice and quiet on the inside and from the outside it sounds mean!
  19. Hicky7

Ha, no it's not that I don't like the sound and na it's very quiet inside it's just not noticeable in the car! And yeah man they are good down there can custom make it to any preference you want :)
  20. Hicky7

So after getting my B-pipe all fitted, I booted it and to be honest wasn't happy with the sound of it from inside the car, but you can't really hear it from the inside because the Teg M is so overpowering...I wanted to hear it from the outside to see if that would put a smile on my face...And oh...
  21. Hicky7

Cheers buddy! ha yeah all sorted now which is all good! And its the centre section which goes from the Cat to the back box.. I got it all done and fitted I was going to take pictures of it all being done but went and got food and by the time I had got back he had already made it and fitted ha!
  22. Hicky7

....After waiting a while for my B-Pipe I rang up eightspeed and he said they didn't actually have any in stock, so I've cancelled my order and I'm going to Powerflow in Slough tomorrow (8/1/13) to get a custom B-Pipe made up... Anyway I thought I would give the car a good clean as the weather...
  23. Hicky7

EP3 CTR fuel gauge won't illuminate - not a blown bulb

this sounds silly but my rev gauge wasnt lighting up properly....until i gave it a wack ontop of the dash..
  24. Hicky7

Fog Inserts...

ah i see, and you can't purchase them anywhere? it was just a thought because I'm going to get front bumper resprayed just to tidy it up until I do really!
  25. Hicky7

Fog Inserts...

Are there such things? the owner before me put mesh grille into the fogs and where he has done so it has caused paint peel in the fog hole, so wanted some inserts to cover it over if possible...
  26. Hicky7

Small update, just ordered my B-pipe hopefully will be here on Friday! pics to follow :) Hope you all had a good Christmas!
  27. Hicky7

Had my MOT today passed without any faults which is always good to hear
  28. Hicky7

Had my MOT today passed without any faults which is always good to hear
  29. Hicky7

Small update, finally got rid of that annoying rattling sound, took all of the induction kit off, turns out it was the heat shield it was bent a bit and was rattling again the firewall so bent it back into place and put some foam pads on the back of the carbon box and now it makes no annoying...
  30. Hicky7

I believe so although you can get a strut brace that goes round it...
  31. Hicky7

Haha god knows, smash it probably hah!
  32. Hicky7

haha Nope ive had a nightmare! the vibrating sound is doing my head in!
  33. Hicky7

Supersprint 2" B-Pipe

Yeah i wanted Supersprint, thing is i know the 2" is the sound im after but I dont want it to be restrictive and to be honest a re map isnt in the pipe line at the moment so I dont really know if its worth going for 2.5
  34. Hicky7

Supersprint 2" B-Pipe

I can't seem to find a 2.5 unsilenced though...
  35. Hicky7

Supersprint 2" B-Pipe

Hi Guys, bit of a noobish question, but if I run a 2" B-pipe will it be restrictive as I'm running a Gruppe M aswell?
  36. Hicky7

Right well that should hopefully do the job!
  37. Hicky7

Yeah please mate that would be cool!
  38. Hicky7

Just the stuff that they provided! will have another play tomorrow the only problem is trying to mount the velcro somewhere with a big enough surface on the car..
  39. Hicky7

Sticky pads didnt work...
  40. Hicky7

My Facelift Cosmic Grey EP3

sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
  41. Hicky7

Right okay after a bit of playing around and a few nightmares (dropping the velcro strip into the airbox) ive managed to get it sitting properly! Not really sure how strong the velcro is so will see tonight when i take it for a thrashing! hopefully it works! This is how it's sitting..
  42. Hicky7

Oh right cool cheers! I'm going to have a play tomorrow morning see what I can come up with!
  43. Hicky7

If I'm 100% honest with you I didnt actaully order the Kevlar one haha! but ah cheers for that it looks a lot neater I need to put some sticky pads in somewhere aswell as there is some nasty vibration sounds! but cheers mate!
  44. Hicky7

emmsyluv's Milano Red EP3 <3

Very nice clean example!
  45. Hicky7

Cheers buddy, massive difference its a nice low burble on the revs when you accelerate and as soon as you hit Tec just screams but its a nice sound! Makes the car feel more responsive, guess thats becasue it's not heat soaking anymore! Yeah I wasn't too sure on it but looks better in the car...
  46. Hicky7

Today has been a good day, firstly I fitted my footwell neons which look wicked at night! (sorry about picture quality...) Then after that time to get started on the Gruppe M.. Before.. During..with complimentry iPad haha! End Result It was a bit of a pain fitting as the bracket...
  47. Hicky7

cheers mate! and ha yeah no doubt i will upload pics and stuff mate! yeah great feeling, going to be better when its on :)
  48. Hicky7

ah cool man I'm down the road in Twyford! and JDmodified in basingstoke..heard of them?
  49. Hicky7

HAHA yeah I know quite shocked myself from all the bad things I've been hearing! Cheers buddy! where abouts you based in Berkshire? and will do its all booked in to get fitted on Monday, I cant be bothered to do it myself way too fiddly! haha!
  50. Hicky7

Got home from work today, and was very surprised to see my Tegiwa package had already been delivered only ordered it yesterday (25/10/12) so anything I heard bad about Tegiwa isn't true :) anyway I saw the box sitting there on my bed and was like a kid at christmas so had to just rip it open...
  51. Hicky7

oh no I mean I ordered too many for the Gruppe M I ordered another breather hose but apparently it comes with one so they refunded me that so I've got the big hose coming and the actaul induction kit, It's been dispatched already so better than I thought!
  52. Hicky7

oh okay cheers buddy, they called me a min ago saying I ordered too many parts haha, so hopefully should be here Monday at the latest!
  53. Hicky7

Just the filter, so its just heat soaking!
  54. Hicky7

ah cheers bud tbh I want a good job doing so could be worth the travel, are they 2 hours from Swindon? or 2 hours from Reading?
  55. Hicky7

Small update just ordered my Tegiwa Gruppe M induction, because the owner before me has put some rubbish HKS mushroom filter on it has meant I had to order all the silicone hoses and stuff which is a pain but should look good when it's all in there :) I've heard nothing but bad things about...
  56. Hicky7

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

Just sat here and read all 57 pages haha! Wicked build though Tom!
  57. Hicky7

my CW 96spec teg build - dslr pics added

Nooooo don't sell it! well I'm going to order my Gruppe M induction tomorrow, then get a supersprint B-pipe, then just lower it and probably spray the wheels like a dark bronzey colour :) then will just be little touch up bits!
  58. Hicky7

Yeah good thanks mate! and cheers buddy, I'm starting to mod it now so will be all ready for next years JAE :P loving the Teg still!
  59. Hicky7

Car looks awesome buddy, I was on your stand at JAE in the black EP3...Loving your car, diffuser looks quality!
  60. Hicky7

Loving the colour, very close to how I want to go. Maybe darker than what I have in mind. But then don't want them to be too light on NHB. Price is steep, I got quoted around that for a refurb on my old split rims. Around £60 a wheel seems fair. Yeah mate it's a tough one but im pretty set on...
  61. Hicky7

My Evo X SST FQ300

Evo>FD2 mod the Evo!
  62. Hicky7

okay I've got a couple more places I need to get quotes from so shall see what they say! cheers!
  63. Hicky7

Just a little update, I went down to the spray shop yesterday to get a quote on getting my bumper and wheels done, the bumper was £250 which i think is a good price but they said it would cost me £100 a wheel to get powdercoated and I wasn't sure if that's good or not so any advice would be good...
  64. Hicky7

Rosco's Milano FN2

Cheers mate have just PM'd him :)
  65. Hicky7

Rosco's Milano FN2

Nice Car buddy! could you send me a link please to the footwell LED's as I've been looking for some! cheers!
  66. Hicky7

Loved my 106 great fun! Yeah they are decent man I highly rate them to be honest I, didnt like the spec 2's but i think its because the person before my had put part warns on and the tread wasnt too great! And yeah they are loud..
  67. Hicky7

40mm drop pics wanted

Cheers for the picture buddy do you happen to have any pics of your car on the OEM wheels with 40mm drop or even 30mm you could post please? cheers!
  68. Hicky7

Will do mate! Im still unsure about how dark I want to go will have to go to a paint shop and ask them to do some test colours for me or something! Hello mate, yeah course I do, and thank you very much should be nice when its all finished! your car looks wicked still mate good effort! Thank...
  69. Hicky7

40mm drop pics wanted

Hey guys, I'm looking to lower my car soon and just wanted to see some pics of one that's dropped about 40mm if not can you link me to somewhere that I can see pictures! Cheers :)
  70. Hicky7

it sounds low I know but ive seen pics of an EP3 dropped on the same springs and there is still arch gap so not as bad as i thought! :)
  71. Hicky7

Cheers buddy! and na neither was I swapped it the day after I picked her up haha!
  72. Hicky7

Yeah hopefully should be able to buy it all end of this month! and yeah the RS200 is lovely!
  73. Hicky7

haha! I did testdrive a few things before buying this I was rather tempted by a Clio 197 but found the interior was very dull and not as exciting to drive, plus I love where the gearstick is, very happy with it :)
  74. Hicky7

Hey should have really started this a while back, when I picked up the car but oh well I am going to do so now… Anyway this is my Nighthawk Black Facelift Honda Civic Type R. After previously owning a 106 Quicksilver with a GTi engine in, I wanted something more reliable and a nicer car to...
  75. Hicky7

OEM headunit removal

Hey, I'm looking to buy a double din headunit just wondering is there a guide on here to show how to remove the standard headunit? cheers!
  76. Hicky7

Uniroyal Rainsport 2's

Does anybody have these tyres on their EP3, i used to run them on my 106 Gti and loved them, but obviously the Civic is heavier so didn't know if they were any good... feedback would be appreciated!
  77. Hicky7

ep3 insurance

I'm 21 with 1 years NCB just got a quote with my mum and dad on my policy for £805 with Admiral with £350 excess..
  78. Hicky7

best pound for pound brake pad!!

Okay cheers! Thank you!
  79. Hicky7

best pound for pound brake pad!!

I'm going to be needing new pads and discs soon, anyone recommend and good discs aswell?
  80. Hicky7

Going to sound like a really silly question but....

How the hell do you change the bulbs in the headlights on a facelift EP3? Cant seem to get my hands down there to pull out..
  81. Hicky7

Any young CTR drivers?

Just rang sky and it was coming through as 4k haha! nightmare!
  82. Hicky7

Any young CTR drivers?

I had a 106 Gti before and the insurance on that was under 1k its just annoying as when im 21 it goes to £1,088 which is fine! yeah i will try those insurance companies! cheers!
  83. Hicky7

Any young CTR drivers?

Right guys im 20 and im fishing around for quotes putting 2 women on my policy as TPF&T its still over 2k with admiral i have 1 years no claims and havnt any points....HELP!!
  84. Hicky7

Will the seats from an FN2 fit in an EP3?

How much fabricating was required and what did you have to do exactly help would be appreciated :)
  85. Hicky7

FN2 Front Seats...

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section :p....Anyway was just wondering is it possible to fit the Fn2 recaros in the EP3 as I am looking at getting an EP3 very soon but not a fan of the standard seats on the pre facelift, my mate has an FN2 and his seats...
Back