• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ally138

My 98 Civic Type R

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Appreciate it :D
  2. Ally138

My 98 Civic Type R

I was through to Edinburgh and a friend wanted to take a few pics I bought this car as a rolling shell and had a donor car built up - 98% of the work done by Automek :cool: (far from finished) I've added a link of a short clip I made a while back too! Hope yous like it :) 3 by...
  3. Ally138

New car -NHB ep3 build

keep the plate haha! First thing I noticed lol. Cool wee car to start with anyway. All the best with it :)
  4. Ally138

EK9 Revival

Small update: Was meant to move out of town for a job but for now I'm just gonna commute! Another job in a different location but better role I want has been in contact, so see how that goes.. Been thinking about using the flat deposit money to buy more parts haha! but anyway bought an OEM EK9...
  5. Ally138

Tesco Momentum or Shell V-power?

I use both to whatever is convenient. Tesco is 135.9 and shell is 138.9 at the moment. Tesco - It feels like I get more miles out of it and engine runs smoothly as it should V-Power - It feels fine and engine roars a bit more and a wee bit more aggressive but less MPG, by like 1-2 compared to...
  6. Ally138

FK2 FK2 general discussion

IMO the FN2 looked horrible as it is (sunk into me a bit since), and now this thing is just more vile. I'll be sticking with my 98 Civic Type R haha
  7. Ally138

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

1996 chassis - around 117k engine - around 100k clocks - 120k haha
  8. Ally138

best ways to keep the MPG up?

haha! good patter/ advice lads! well my ek9 is currently dead with no engine or seats so it has 99999999999999..MPG if pushed it off a never ending hill. anyway it's an EJ9 I have with full stripped rear interior. I filled up V power at 141.9 on monday (£20.01), and done about 91 miles so...
  9. Ally138

Ah! I'm getting around that much too but I don't do long distances. So im ok. The worst thing is that my petrol light doesn't come on! Think one of the sensors are done in lol
  10. Ally138

That's true. I also run on v power as well. I can do about 250ish miles on a full tank but I've read others doing around 330 on the same engine so I'm sure there could be something I need replaced. I check my tyres also daily. But thanks for the heads up about the gangnam attack
  11. Ally138

This is probably a noob Q but anyway. My B16B is due an oil change, so looking to service it soon, as Honda recommend to change oil every 3500 miles (not sure for later engines). I've already purchased a brand new OEM fuel filter from tegiwa (a bit sceptical with this one though since it says...
  12. Ally138

EK9 Revival

from what i've seen, B16Bs are more rare than B18C. And the value of a B16Bs (depending on condition of course) can almost have the same value as a B18C. you could always stroke a B16B at the end of the day since it basically is a de-stroked B18C :) I managed to source a very healthy B16B and...
  13. Ally138

EK9 Revival

K20 seem to be more efficient with the money you could spend to get more power compared to the b series anyway. The B16B is still a fantastic engine especially for it being a 1.6 defo will be going b18c further down the line
  14. Ally138

EK9 Revival

b18/ h22/ k20 would all be nice but the I'm settling with the B16B for now :)
  15. Ally138

EK9 Revival

Thanks for the kind words. I would keep it CW if it wasn't so common :p Yeah, i agree. I'm gonna track the current civic then after the reshell I'll track that. Want to feel the difference I have the B16B.. Such an agressive engine
  16. Ally138

EK9 Revival

If you have read my other build thread, you may have noticed I had basically converted my EJ9 into an EK9. Now I've purchased a rolling 9 I will be looking to revive it with the donor car I created.. The pics aren't the best but that's what I've taken so far while having a bit of a gander. It...
  17. Ally138

FOCUS RS & CIVIC EG STOLEN!

yeah they will just get charged and let free again. the system in this country is just so ****ed up! pedophiles and thieves should just be battered the **** out of and left hung to die. and they should have a drug test for those on benefits. this country is too nice! and the main reason why we...
  18. Ally138

haha! not yet I don't think. will ask dan later
  19. Ally138

yeah.. I wouldn't be surprised if the EG was found there on other news, the RS has been found. It's a bit knocked up and was running on false plates. Dan has it in possession and just sorting stuff out with insurance
  20. Ally138

My Facelift Cosmic Grey EP3

yeah your SiR was really tidy man. seen it on most of the forums. hope the current owner is looking after it good!
  21. Ally138

the thing is with these neds are that they are not driven by selling parts of the car as far as i know. unless they steal these executive motors like audis and mercs. but as far as i'm concerned when it comes to even the EG they stole, they've just rev'd the ***** out of it and dumped it...
  22. Ally138

dude i'd watch your car closely if i were you as your side is closer to milton than I am anyway, even though the EG that was stolen is about 15-20 min drive for me. The milton thieves stole the car. There was a stolen thread made for it on ek9.org. then the pricks made an account and had the...
  23. Ally138

FD2 1st Month's Anniversary

sweet review :) never driven/ owned an ek9? would have love to hear a comparison. I've never really liked any of the modern hondas except the FD2 and the CRZ (cool wee things)
  24. Ally138

nah didn't get the plates. Police said they will start looking on thursday which is just bullcrap. it will be either in bits and well out the country man!
  25. Ally138

Only a few leads. One lad on another forum seen an rs in the Clydebank area but diff plates. And the police said they will start looking on Thursday which is ridiculous. Car will be in pieces and long gone by now
  26. Ally138

Cool ill have a read at that thread shortly. Yeah a tracking device is a very good shout.. Worst thing about having your car stolen is you wouldn't want to drive it again. It's like having your gf cheating on you
  27. Ally138

if i was in your shoes, I would be a tad paranoid. cameras or not I'd rather not have my car stolen :(
  28. Ally138

i know! so annoying man! that's me just added another car onto the above! can't believe this man two members on the same forum. I hope everyone keeps an eye on their motors
  29. Ally138

thanks for the kind words and advice folks cheers man i'll let him know! scum of the earth
  30. Ally138

Yeah thanks man. For all I know, it could be anywhere in the UK. Such *******s man
  31. Ally138

Last night my mate's Focus RS was stolen from the Hyndland area of West end of Glasgow. Reg plate on it is V33 DJR If you can keep your eyes peeled it would be much appreciated EDIT: Copying this from another forum, another member had his car stolen (****ING SCUMS!) Again in Glasgow...
  32. Ally138

My Facelift Cosmic Grey EP3

That SiR was the ****! how you finding the EP3 in comparison? doubt you will be modding it much since you are only keeping it for another 6 months
  33. Ally138

First Type-R. Milano UK DC2.

so amaze! really nice this! love the steering wheel! NRG 2.5 is amazing! have that too! but contemplating in getting the new carbon fibre style of the 2.0!
  34. Ally138

My new fn 2

you need to rev the balls off it to feel its real power. anyhoo, any plans for it?
  35. Ally138

Best decal ever!

quite tacky
  36. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

personally i prefer analogue dials to digital, but that's just me.
  37. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

Here you are man
  38. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

Pictures of the wiring? Or pictures of like before and after the cluster was fitted? Might have wiring somewhere
  39. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

wow! quite strict with the text talking! My regular forum needs this :P Yeah! well I'm actually up in Glasgow, Scotland :\ but the instructions I was following were from the states. like I wasn't too sure what was what because they are obviously LHD haha!
  40. Ally138

Ally's EJ9-R Build up - new shell

Damn not been on here for a while! I managed to go pay for the shell but not able to pick it up! couldn't hire the transporter because of my points! such a bummer! And now currently recovering from a knee op! so i'll hopefully get it in another few weeks down the line... Yeah! The shell did...
  41. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

haha yeah! But I actually spent quite a bit deciding to cut the wire oor not haha! but I just followed instructions. defogger was the hardest one because i was following USDM instructions.. yeah I'd reckon it shouldn't be too hard for cluster, it just needs a wee computer chip to convert things...
  42. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

Nah I never done the s2k cluster swap man. I've just seen people do it. Though I've converted my EJ9 to an EK9 so I done the cluster from an EK9 into mine and had to cut a wire and solder a few bits together to get it from KMPH to MPH. And also solder another wire when I done the dash conversion...
  43. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

lol tell me about it man! I had to cut a few wires behind the dash to make things work! not the easiest of decisions in cutting a wire but glad I managed to get things working haha! would cool to see an ep3 with an s2k cluster though!
  44. Ally138

Motul Mugen Civic and others Honda's. From Holland.

that beat is sooo cool! awesome collection
  45. Ally138

A fresh Honda Rocker Cover.

fantastic! looks well mint! I prefer the looks of a B series cover than a K though, but that's my opinion :P
  46. Ally138

S2k ap1 cluster

you have probably emailed the right people. got an email back yet? I've seen a few folk do it to their EKs but not relatively cheap. do look cool though!
  47. Ally138

Ah! Modding with require a welder I reckon, I had to get my old spoon rails modded to fit. I'll probably catch you up there on Tuesday or weds if you are still up there. Depends when these bearings arrive haha!
  48. Ally138

Cobra seat shouldn't be too hard, as long as you have the correct rails? Are they like side mounts? I'm not too sure with them seats haha
  49. Ally138

Haha well it's mine now :p think I'll be picking it up in two weeks time :)
  50. Ally138

I might be up again on tuesday/wednesday again! that place is becoming a second home haha! bloody wheel bearings! cost me a fortune! what you getting done? speaking of hassle, he was absolutely raging at this clio sport he was asked to change the timing belt on haha!
  51. Ally138

Cheers dude! Yeah I'm going up again tomorrow and was there yesterday haha! He's a really sound guy, you really cannot fault the guy with the amount of cars he's built and repaired. What car do you drive? Might have seen it about
  52. Ally138

finally patched the TSWs. vile things and on went the dc2 hubs not much else except that ive put in a deposit for this thing..
  53. Ally138

I just used a lot lol. never dried out properly so i ended up buying ek9 ones lol
  54. Ally138

thanks mate! lifting the finger and started gettin bits n bobs for the hub swap! haha
  55. Ally138

So here is my build up and what has happened so far and what is planned :) here are the mods when I bought the civic back in March 2011: - A full respray in Starlight Black - Smoothed off coupe front bumper - Carbon vented bonnet - Buddy Club short shifter - replica ek9 grill - lowered on...
Back