• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R'ash

EP3 tyre advice needed

cross t1r's off the list straight away
  2. R'ash

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

So I went down to Area motorsport last week and had a tegiwa manifold fitted, also had a k100 ecu fitted with the 'civic cup' map loaded on. It has totally transformed the car, and much better than I expected so got to say I'm very happy with it :D it would be nice to get it on some rollers and...
  3. R'ash

How to take out coolant reservoir EP3

I had the bumper off, I can't remember exactly how it was fixed but I can't remember it being a problem with the bumper out of the way
  4. R'ash

Cheers bud, without swearing I love Cadwell!
  5. R'ash

Cheers :) it was going to be k100 and tegiwa manifold but I'm starting to think my coilovers aren't quite upto the job so I maybe swapping those too
  6. R'ash

Cheers mate, I've a buddyclub on the drivers side and tegiwa on the passenger side they're pretty much identical
  7. R'ash

I fitted an eyebolt where the standard belt buckle fits bud
  8. R'ash

Cheers :) i went to watch that at Donnington it was a good day out apart from the weather! As for racing i can't see it, don't get me wrong i would love to but it would be expensive, plus i'm not good enough :lol:
  9. R'ash

Some pics from a recent trackday at cadwell, it was a cracking day for it. i've fell out with the tyres i'm using though they just couldn't cope. I think it's the size i'm using what is the problem i found that i was on the tyre sidewall on half of the corners! Also before the trip i was due a...
  10. R'ash

Anyone fitted rear bolt in roll cage???

i'm guessing its the same section what would come with a full cage, if so then none has to come out but you will have to cut it in places. can imagine it will be awkward as it was a bit tight fitting mine with no interior. If you check the safety devices website you can see pics of an ep with a...
  11. R'ash

Cheers, yes it's made a huge difference it's made it very lively. Next up is polybush the front and rca's then it will be exhaust manifold and k100
  12. R'ash

Some pics from the day...
  13. R'ash

Couple of videos from yesterday's trip to Oulton Park. Weather was great for February so got to give the new setup a good go and all I can say is I love it! http://youtu.be/v26jwMzGaPU http://youtu.be/sM9I0FK38Mw
  14. R'ash

EP3 Rear Brake Issue

It could be a collapsed brake line
  15. R'ash

Speedo

These are a bit closer to the true mileage than the 48k ones :lol: would save any hassle explaining in the future when you come to sell with the mileage being logged on MOTs and services. unless you had the clocks altered.
  16. R'ash

Speedo

I paid £50 for them delivered i'd take £35 for them of £30 if you can collect them
  17. R'ash

Speedo

i have a preface set with 74k forsale if any good? i bought them as mine had broke and the seller said these had 79k on which they didnt so held out for another set. There are small differences between facelift and preface clocks but they are still interchangeable
  18. R'ash

Yes its shorter, i've never been in a car with one to be honest i'm having it fitted purely on recomendations! hope i like it! :lol: some fit a longer 6th gear along with it but as its not a daily i've chosen not to. Vehicle: UKDM 01-06 Type R Gear Ratio Peak Engine Torque ETE Power Gain...
  19. R'ash

Bit of an update, i've got the car booked in at Area motorsport for the following bits fitting Mfactory plate diff Mfactory 5.84 final drive Clockwise Motion lightened flywheel Oem clutch Also booked Oulton Park on 14th feb, can't wait to see how it goes
  20. R'ash

I certainly am :D
  21. R'ash

Short clip of the shift light, not the best but you get the idea. i'd have liked to have stuck it where the dash curves round the speedo but with it having a flat base it wasn't possible without looking odd. with the ignition on the lights show battery strength and the first few seconds on...
  22. R'ash

Hi-Spec 4 Pot kit for OEM ep3?

mine are 2 piece 328mm, no spacer is needed but there is only like a 2mm gap that's why alot of people like to run 3mm spacers for extra clearance. I did start using a spacer in the end but like I say they do go on. That pic on pg 1 is with no spacer. Also thy work fine with the abs ect.
  23. R'ash

Cadwell Park - October 31st

I bought a gopro just before going aswell, Very pleased with it except i could have done with taking a spare battery as they don't last very long! http://youtu.be/uHKvmBqYnIk
  24. R'ash

There's also yellowspeed worth looking at, Area and tegiwa sell them
  25. R'ash

There was a chap on ctro on about selling his stoptech touring kit, might be worth a pm. batfink76 is his username
  26. R'ash

I believe the fronts will go down more but not sure by how much to be honest as I didn't set them up. The rear will definitely go further
  27. R'ash

I think eightspeed sell them or if not there's that burn motorsport who have registered as traders on ctro
  28. R'ash

Stoptechs in black under oem wheels with no spacers :smt023
  29. R'ash

Fitted a 'shift-i' progressive shift light at the weekend. I'm hoping it'll help give the engine a break from the limiter bashing it gets on track :-D no pictures of it fitted yet but it's the same as you see in Areas civic cup car
  30. R'ash

FN2 Brakes?

Or a wheel that's got a lot more brake dust than the opposite side on the same axle is a good sign
  31. R'ash

ebay brakes ?

^ totally agree, i even ran bullseye specials last week at cadwell on the back and had no problems. They were meant to be a temporary last minute quick fix but i think i'll leave them in seeing as they were ok
  32. R'ash

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

You need to rip out your interior it won't sound boring then! :lol: Car looks mint and love the TDs :cool:
  33. R'ash

ebay brakes ?

cl pads- http://www.driftworks.com/honda-carbone-lorraine-brake-pads-rc5-and-rc6-compounds.html trackmaster- http://www.japspeed.co.uk/cosworth-trackmaster-honda-s2000-civic-type-r-ep3-rear-brake-pads.html
  34. R'ash

Haha i think i might have to start doing that more :lol:
  35. R'ash

ebay brakes ?

I cant really say on my experience as they were the only pad i used on track before swapping to stoptechs bbk. But i know others that i go with rate cosworths trackmaster pad or a more track only if you fancy swapping pads over for a trackday is carbone lorraine rc6, they do a less harsh pad...
  36. R'ash

Cheers mate i saw that i got tagged in it earlier. I've got an mfactory helical one sorted hopefully from kipps on here once as its removed :) there was one mega cheap on honda parts forsale page the other day but i spent too long thinking about it and its been snapped up
  37. R'ash

ebay brakes ?

Personally i'd steer clear of ds2500s if you are planning on trackdays, i had some in the past and all i got after giving them stick was pedal vibration and heard lots of others have had the same issue. A very good road pad but nothing more
  38. R'ash

Exhaust advice, race header on track

No problem glad to help, Good to hear you're happy with the manifold too as i'm planning on the tegiwa one aswell
  39. R'ash

wheel colour

Anthracite? in a satin finish maybe
  40. R'ash

which brake fluid?

No mine took 2 bottles, i believe it's recommended to change this stuff every 12months. i can bet mine has been in nearly double that and its still looks new and performs well ( i was doing 25min stints at cadwell on friday just gone with no brake issues) i'm not saying thats the case for...
  41. R'ash

which brake fluid?

i couldn't say to be honest, its cheap thats for sure. rbf600 is by no means an expensive fluid and is about £13 for 500ml bottle. You can pay a lot more for more serious stuff, but If you don't abuse your brakes then i cant see any benifit you'd get. If you do then the motul is good link...
  42. R'ash

which brake fluid?

i use motul rbf600
  43. R'ash

Engine management light problem! Please help

yes mate see link below http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx280/343blueR32/94%20Integra%20RS/K20z3transSide_zps7d127fec.jpg
  44. R'ash

Engine management light problem! Please help

On the right below the breather on the cam cover. Assuming its a k20
  45. R'ash

http://youtu.be/uHKvmBqYnIk
  46. R'ash

clip from friday cut short by a red flag http://youtu.be/MNwDJf5uKCs Just uploading another, unfortunately they're all from the morning as the battery went flat First time i've used a gopro so i know for next time to save the battery for the afternoon
  47. R'ash

Cheers mate. Yes it makes sense to fit one at the same time, might even have a short final drive fitted aswell if I can afford to :)
  48. R'ash

Cheers Dave, and don't worry i still have them :)
  49. R'ash

Took it to Cadwell yesterday and was very happy with its new set up, handled great. Although i am starting to feel the need for an lsd. Car was faultless nearly, just started crunching gears toward the end of the day when hot so guessing the clutch is on its way out. anyway a few pics from the...
  50. R'ash

Well it hit 92db at 5.5krpm on the static test that's with oem manifold and aem cai. He did say when I was asking about this exhaust that it was a little restrictive on his but he is pushing around 300bhp. The exhaust is 2.5" external diameter, 2.38" internal
  51. R'ash

Not at the moment no. I'm at cadwell tomorrow on a trackday I'll let you know what db it hits on the static test, pretty sure it will be well under should help guesstimate what it would with a mani on. Although I know a lad running this exhaust along with manifold and jrsc and he has no problems...
  52. R'ash

EP3 Front Caliper Rebuild

It was this thread I replied in Infact, there's a youtube guide what i followed in there pg 3 http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?85974-Front-caliper-stuck/page3
  53. R'ash

That's the one, sure I made a thread when I did mine, I'll have a look and post link
  54. R'ash

Just had a look its brakeparts.co.uk on ebay looks like they've changed name but you can get the pair for £56 or single for £30
  55. R'ash

If you are taking it out I'd just replace it. Sure I only paid £35 for a new one with seals. I got it off ebay from brakes international
  56. R'ash

Rear caliper problems

Yeah i think its just the nut what's toward the rear under the center console plastics to adjust it
  57. R'ash

Rear caliper problems

is it just a handbrake problem or is it the same when the foot pedal is pressed? You could take the pads out and operate the handbrake mechanism on the caliper by hand, you should be able to see the piston move out. With it being new though along with cable cant see it being them so it might...
  58. R'ash

I've got the tegiwa catback and it is very quiet
  59. R'ash

Seized rear caliper, replacing & pagid discs?

If its the sliders you only really need a suitable grease, I used lithium grease, red rubber grease is good also as far as I know
  60. R'ash

There's also the handbrake mechanism you can check to see if it's moving freely
  61. R'ash

I had mine in bits yesterday for this as the nearside rear wheel was red hot and caked in dust. On mine the piston wound back ok so no reason to think anything was wrong with that but the slide pins were really stiff so just took them out cleaned them up and re greased. Changed discs and pads...
  62. R'ash

Cheers, i used halforsds own rubbing compound then just polished them up with some meguires. i didnt use any uv protective coatings though so will no doubt cloud back up but they look good for now. I did cheat aswell and used a machine polisher
  63. R'ash

After a trip to area last friday i now have a shiny new Tegiwa catback, also new wheel alignment settings and fresh oil ready for cadwell park next week :) i spent a couple of hour tidying the headlights up too as they were looking abit shabby before after
  64. R'ash

17x8

There was a couple of mm clearance when stationary, it was under hard cornering it would catch possibly caused by play in the bushes
  65. R'ash

17x8

with an et53 offset i'd say you'd need spacers more than anything, I had et48 8j wheels which used to catch the rear trailing arm so had to use a 3mm spacer
  66. R'ash

Wheel size.

i'd have thought you're better sticking with the 17s and fitting a wide tyre on the front like a 235/40, fit a narrower wheel and tyre on the rear if you dont want to mess with the arches that way you can have your front and rear sidewalls looking the same if that makes sense
  67. R'ash

Wheel size.

Ignore the fronts as they are 8j I had them on the front too but they burnt through the arch liner
  68. R'ash

Wheel size.

I had et35 8.5j slipstreams not saying it's the best though as not sure what other offsets are available, they did catch but I did have much bigger tyres on 225 45 17
  69. R'ash

EP3 Power Steering - Can you remove it?

You can fit the dc5 hydraulic system into the ep3, it's been done several times
  70. R'ash

Wheel size.

That will depend on a few things. wheel offset, ride height, how much camber and tyre size. You will more than likely need to roll the rear arches aswell
  71. R'ash

What oil for 2002 ep3 civic type r

You can use that grade too, but in my experience it burnt through it twice as quick. Every engine is different though
  72. R'ash

What oil for 2002 ep3 civic type r

5/40 fully synthetic I find best
  73. R'ash

My civic type r Fn2 (update)

Just had a read through, very nice :smt023 nice knob too :oops:
  74. R'ash

Wheels fitted today, quite pleased :)
  75. R'ash

couple of pics from japfest2 More stickers thanks to Rob at AREA Also swapped the rotas for these Nothing new but a well tried and tested size which is what i'm after
  76. R'ash

Cadwell Park - October 31st

That is cheap! i'm going a couple weeks before on the 17th costing £120 and i thought that was good
  77. R'ash

Thanks, it's not to bad for its age but believe me it has its war wounds like every other! Peppered in Stonechips the front bumper is!
  78. R'ash

Cheers, no I haven't weighed it properly but based on a different post where someone weighed all the parts they removed I'd estimate around 100kg saved before adding the cage. I think its made quite abit of difference, for track anyway.
  79. R'ash

Not much of an update as spending on the car is on hold for a while :( damn house move! Anyway i'm off to Donnington next Sunday for japfest 2 so if anyone is going you may see it there just on a small stand. Since my last post i think all i have done is roll the arches, swap the wheels front to...
  80. R'ash

Rear brake issue

If the piston turns back in ok then that's probably fine, you don't have to use a wind back tool if you don't have one. I use a ring spanner and a long screwdriver to turn the piston. As for the slide pins have you tried leaving them to soak overnight in penetrating oil? or some heat on just the...
  81. R'ash

EP3 rear caliper carrier seized

Not sure, your best bet is probably your local motor factors, if not then online
  82. R'ash

EP3 rear caliper carrier seized

Copper slip is an anti seize rather than a lubricant for moving parts. Red rubber grease can be used on brakes
  83. R'ash

First impressions - Stoptech 328mm 4-piston brake kit - Civic Type-R EP3

Great write up, I'd recommend trying the Pagid blue rs4-2 pads with these brakes though when you need to change them, personally not a fan of the ds2500 on track
  84. R'ash

Low revs grinding noise on my new purchase! Help

it's not the nicest noise i agree, If it's under warranty then you'd be daft not to let them check it out but i wouldn't hold my breath on them solving it.
  85. R'ash

Low revs grinding noise on my new purchase! Help

Mine has done this since i bought it early 2010, *** done nearly 30k miles including trackdays without any issues if that reassures you. I've read posts where others have suspected the clutch release bearing and changed it with no joy.
  86. R'ash

Choosing new tyres best price and performance

You're right it will but not by a great deal, at 30mph it would read 29.57mph and at 60mph it would read 59.14 according to http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7&offset=45&width2=215&aspect2=45&diameter2=17&wheelwidth2=7&offset2=45#content
  87. R'ash

A 215/45 isn't bad if you can't find them in that profile, I had some r888's that size and were fine
  88. R'ash

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/car-tyres/toyo/proxes-r1-r/225-45-zr17-91w-57524 these have them in stock in various sizes for 17's.
  89. R'ash

New seats for track use, or just harnesses?

I'd get a high sided bucket seat first, you might find that helps a lot as your arse won't slide about and if you do then go for a harness later at least the seats designed for it. Oem seats aren't really meant to be used with them
  90. R'ash

How wide can you go on rear tyres? 17" rims, EP3

Here's difference http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=45&width2=235&aspect2=40&diameter2=17&wheelwidth2=8&offset2=45#content
  91. R'ash

How wide can you go on rear tyres? 17" rims, EP3

I think you'll struggle with a 235 aswell as I'm having trouble with my 225/45/17 at the min and thats with arches rolled. Depending on your wheel you should be able to get them on the front though, I can't with my wheel offset unless I were to buy the gentleman above front j's wings. Just bare...
  92. R'ash

I thought the rs-r's were great, gave them some hammer around cadwell last week and had loads of grip. They coped well with the heat too if not better than my previous r888's i had did. I know a couple who have had t1r road tyres on their civics and both said they were appalling lol. Everyone...
  93. R'ash

Which proxes you mean?? I wasn't recommending them for an all year road tyre anyway just refering to the good price. For a road tyre Contisports all the way for me but as for the federal i think they're great for half the price off the r888 for a track tyre
  94. R'ash

Try tyreleader.co.uk I just got 4 225/45/17 rs-r's for £85 each which is about £25 per tyre cheaper than anywhere else I could find
  95. R'ash

Meister R Zeta R and FRSU - Help Please, I'm a NOOB

I have meister r's and it handles very well, Stevie at Grinspeed set mine up. If i remember right it's set as follows Front -1.7 deg camber 2mm toe out Rear -1deg camber 1mm toe in You are best off taking it to him or Area ect though as they know these cars inside out and can offer advice and...
  96. R'ash

Went to cadwell on saturday, this time though i had the rotas on as the r888s on the others were past it. I had some 225/45 Federal rsr's fitted to them first though and i think from now on i'll be sticking with these rather than swapping the wheels all the time, much less hassle
  97. R'ash

Apex Springs

No doubt there are better springs available, but i wouldn't go as far as saying they're a waste of time just because they are linear
  98. R'ash

Apex Springs

Nothing wrong with them, I used to have a set and they weren't too harsh on the road and decent on track. Like all springs that don't come with bump stops they 'clunk' sometimes but easily solved by fitting some
Back