• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jackCTR

removing backbox

what tools + (socket sizes etc) do i need to get my backbox off?
  2. jackCTR

skunk2 springs 55mm F 50mm R

has anyone got a 50mm drop they can show me ?
  3. jackCTR

part number????

the lever down in the drivers footwell to open the bonnet on my ep3 has snapped clean off and i need a new one does anybody know the part number for this or know what it is called speciafically so i can search for one on the net. thanks.
  4. jackCTR

Recommended lowering kit?

iam currently running stock springs but want to change to some eibachs, but dont no how much to drop it. any reccommendations? i cnt go too low as i got a sportex b pipe and it will scrap like hell! just want to lower the car to give it a more aggresive look!
  5. jackCTR

Rear caliper

My caliper on the rear on of ep3 isnt seeming to opening back up fully and the pads are rubbing on the brake disc, why would this be? And isit a new caliper and pads job or can abit of diy sort the problem? Thanks guys
  6. jackCTR

Spoon N1 Backbox Rattling?? Any Suggestions?

mine does exactly the same neil, have you done anything to stop it doing it? if so let me know!! because its soo annoying at times!!!
  7. jackCTR

buying a k100

oh yeah it will all be done at the same time.. iam currently looking a MOT station that will pass me with a de-cat before i go any further though. NIGHTMERE!! i wanna get up too the 250bhp region... what will you say is needed to get there from what ive already got? you think an RBC and new...
  8. jackCTR

buying a k100

diamond hazz top man!! cheers for that! iam thinking of going for an RBC and a dc sports race header what one you reccommend i go for first?
  9. jackCTR

buying a k100

k100**
  10. jackCTR

buying a k100

okay thanks hazz, iam currently running a teg M with spoon N1 and sportex racetube what would i be expecting in gains from a k110 map with that set up? also what is the advantages of a k100 remap? can anyone explain this to me. cheers dudess
  11. jackCTR

buying a k100

if i took it down to TDI can they fit it and map it all in the same day?
  12. jackCTR

buying a k100

when you buy a k100 or kpro do u buy the ecu then take ti to the garage then they will create your map? or do you get a map with the peice of kit? becasue the guy iam dealing with has said it may be cheaper for me to buy the k100 and get wherever i buy it from to supply a map for it aswel... so...
  13. jackCTR

rear brake problem

salt!***
  14. jackCTR

rear brake problem

yeah it does tend to go away after a little while just wondered why it was happening in the first place, but rust and crap building up does sound like it could be that! i live right next to the coast so alot of slat in the air!!
  15. jackCTR

rear brake problem

ive got EBC discs with redstuff pads on the rear of my EP and as i work away for a few weeks at a time when i come home and drive it again sometimes i an hear the rear disc rubbing it almosts sounds like. dont spose anyones had any problems simular and can shed any light? cheers
  16. jackCTR

ecu maps norfolk

iam looking for a garage closest to norwich that will do a map with a k100 for me.... anyone no where there is a garage atall? thanks
  17. jackCTR

will this fit?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEIBON-02-05-Civic-Si-Carbon-Fiber-Spoiler-Wing-MG-EP3-/370328754326?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5639505896#ht_1846wt_1043 will this fit my EP3 without having to mod anything?
  18. jackCTR

am i legal?

iam running a std header with a sportex unsilenced race tube and a spoon N1... its LOUD!!! does anyone know if i'll pass an MOT with these mods?
  19. jackCTR

exhaust knock

yeah checked them yesterday and there fine, so its baffled me a little as it was fine when i first fitted the kit. had it on there about 3 months now and had no problems but all of a sudden its started knocking slightly.
  20. jackCTR

exhaust knock

iam running a spoon N1 with a sportex 2.5" race tube and just recently i can hear it starting to knock slightly up near the bend on the backbox. it wasnt before so how can i put this right. any ideas?
  21. jackCTR

exhaust fittment

ive just bought a spoon n1 with a sportex unsilenced b pipe. ive also ordered all new gaskets and fittings to fit it up with. ive ordered just straight oem replacments for it are they okay to fit it all together or do i need different fitting to mate these two new parts together? thanks
  22. jackCTR

help needed

ive just bought a new centre pipe and i need to change the gaskets and nuts and bolts between on both ends, could anyone tell me what the names of the things iam looking for are please? i did check out the parts page on the lings site but i still didnt really know what i was looking at. would...
  23. jackCTR

part munber

anyone know the part numbers for the exhaust gasket between the midpipe and cat and also the backbox to midpipe gasket? much appriated
  24. jackCTR

sportex silenced race tube

whats peoples opinions of the sportex silenced race tube? it will be mated to a spoon n1 backbox. what will it sound like you recon? iam trying to achive a sporty raspy sound not a deep boy racer tune. and as i cant find ANY spoon b pipes anywhere secondhand!! so iam looking to other alternaives.
  25. jackCTR

Bpipe to fit n1 back box

I cant find any spoon b pipe on the second hand market so what other b pipes would fit my spooon n1 backbox without modification? What are silenced pipes like ? I like the scorpion b pipes anyone had experience with scorpion?
  26. jackCTR

FRSU

what about adjustable lower control arms are they going do any good for the FRSU?
  27. jackCTR

how much

what do secondhand mugen style spoilers go for?
  28. jackCTR

perfect drop

whats the perfect drop iam looking for to gain a best advantage for a FRSU
  29. jackCTR

best value for money manifold

is your car mapped? or you getting that 9BHP standard? what it sound like?
  30. jackCTR

FRSU

i live in near norwich and those places are miless away! theres a race/rally centre that does all goemetry set ups etc and they said they will do it. just needed to tell them what set-up i want. it will be tracked occasionally and used daily on the road. so don't know what to go for! dont want...
  31. jackCTR

FRSU

i know the general set up *** have for a basic fast road. but i am looking to track it as well as drive on the road, so what are people using?
  32. jackCTR

FRSU

iam looking to have a FRSU done but dont know what figures i need to ask for. can anyone tell me??
  33. jackCTR

Apex springs

yes i totally agree, yeah i had a feeling they might be a budget brand! so thanks for that bud. think iam going to stick with my original idea and get the eibach pro's!
  34. jackCTR

Apex springs

Opinions on apex 30mm springs? Are they any good, anyone got previous experience with these? Let me know your thoughts
  35. jackCTR

best value for money manifold

whats rated as a good for its price exhaust mani? i hear japspeed are not bad for the price but i hear there made crap. plus i cant reall afford somthing top of the range toda etc. so looking for middle of the market really.
  36. jackCTR

Oil change

Okay nice one ! :)
  37. jackCTR

Oil change

Hey guys i brought my new EP3 the other day and iam unsure of what oil is in it. So iam just gona do an oil change and start from scratch. So to do and oil change is it just the case of removing the sump plug and taking off the filter and letting it all drain, then after Pop it back on and fill...
  38. jackCTR

genuine spoon or rep spoon?

Oh yeah it is, just want the whole package to perform at its best!
  39. jackCTR

It sure does!! I want gains out of it eventually as i want stage 1 and looking for about 240-250 on a dyno so if the rep can produce gains like the original when put with the right stuff iam happy to get it!
  40. jackCTR

Thats good then. Yeah let me know outcome mate
  41. jackCTR

Nice onee, have you got to modify anything to fit that bpipe?
  42. jackCTR

i cant find them would you be a diamond and send me the links? :D
  43. jackCTR

yes get back to me bud i also am thinking about the sportex bpipe so would like so know feedback on sound and fitting please :)
  44. jackCTR

i want a Spoon N1 backbox but cant seem to find any secondhand at the moment. but people are telling me they have the rep and it still does just as good of job for the price. but surly the replica has to be cheaply made and surly the baffles cant be half as decent am i right? plus i believe for...
  45. jackCTR

reccomended stuff

cheers stoo, i hear all this v-power and using the more pricey petty is a total myth but IMO i think shedeserves nothing but the best ;)
  46. jackCTR

reccomended stuff

Reccommended Oil and petrol for the EP3?
  47. jackCTR

What colour!?

yes chris i do like the standard look, like you say a slight shade difference might just set it off a little better!! i like bronze also, my mates got a set of dc5 alloys on his EP3 and they look great!
  48. jackCTR

What colour!?

What colour should i have my wheels on my NHB ? Hmmmmm any ideas?
  49. jackCTR

Radio interference

How can i rectify this problem and keep the HID's? I just checked the receipt and there hids4u aswell. Would a garage be able to sort the problem?
  50. jackCTR

Radio interference

I dont know, i bought the car today and it had them on so dnt no weather its a cheap kit or not, the beams excellent on themit doesnt look cheap. i dont get how it would effect the signal of all things though :/? Any ideas?
  51. jackCTR

Radio interference

I like them though so i wanna keep em on, why would turning them on cause radio interference?
  52. jackCTR

Radio interference

Can anybody help? Ive got a 6000k hid xenon kit On my ep3 and when i turn the headlights on i start to get interference with my radio signal. When i turn them Back off the radio works Perfectly again. Anyone had this issue with theirs n know whats the cause and no how to fix the Problem? Thanks
  53. jackCTR

b pipe

cheers stoo, what you recon of a scorpion centre pipe sileneced with an N1 back box will be like?
  54. jackCTR

b pipe

anyone had experince with a scorpion silenced centre pipe mounted to stock back box?
  55. jackCTR

HID's

god knows. i see loads of ep3's rolling round with xenons though i thought they were legal lol obviously not! i take it you dont get pulled very often for them if lots of people are burning around with them!
  56. jackCTR

HID's

are they easy to uninstall bud? because i think i willbe taking them off!!
  57. jackCTR

HID's

do you get just xenon bulbs then or isit HID xenon? iam confussed its just the ep3 iam buying has Xenons on it already
  58. jackCTR

HID's

ohright, whys that?
  59. jackCTR

HID's

are HID xzneon headlights legal and pass an MOT?
  60. jackCTR

k100

ah well iam an EP3 guy soo lol how do you do this then ive never heard of it
  61. jackCTR

exhaust opinions and ratings!?

Are sportex a rated exhaust amongst the EP3 world? lol I had one on my old Corsa c and that was just a back box but it gave a nice sound! Don't know if that would be the same for Civic though as they're a much better motor!
  62. jackCTR

short shifter

anyone had any experence with a tegiwa short shifter?
  63. jackCTR

k100

whats etune?
  64. jackCTR

k100

hondata k100 anywhere in the east anglian area i can go to get a hondata k110 map?
  65. jackCTR

opinions need feedback on scorpion exhaust systems. the price doesn't seem too bad to me for a cat back. my preference for an exhaust is I am looking for a sporty raspy sound but something not unbelievably LOUD! lol would these exhausts be any good to me for what I am looking for? thanks :)
  66. jackCTR

whats the difference

hey whats the difference between an EP2 and EP3?
  67. jackCTR

insurance help!

anybody know any insurance companies where you can get away with not declaring offenses? if so which ones! thanks :)
  68. jackCTR

N1 backbox hey iam thinking of going with just an N1 backbox for the time being, whats it like as just a backbox? good noise? how loud?
  69. jackCTR

LSD standard on a ep3?

yeah.. screw that one lol
  70. jackCTR

LSD standard on a ep3?

how could you find out?
  71. jackCTR

LSD standard on a ep3?

cheers tom :)
  72. jackCTR

LSD standard on a ep3?

how can you tell if its fitted with LSD? dont want him just saying its got it when it aint!
  73. jackCTR

LSD standard on a ep3?

yeah thats what i thought, the JDM was standard and the UK ones aint. oh thats okay then. cant complain at a fitted LSD :L
  74. jackCTR

how to clean discs and caliper up

anybody know any methods of cleaning rust of discs and calipers to bring them back to there former glory?
  75. jackCTR

LSD standard on a ep3?

iam now about to buy an EP3 and the guys told me it has LSD. do EP's come with slip diff? i didnt think they did? :confused:
  76. jackCTR

k100

anybody know anywhere in norfolk that map k100's?
  77. jackCTR

quotation

hi peeps, had a quote of a few bits i want doing to the EP and just want to see if you think iam getting a good fair price on it all or am i being overcharged. heres the list. quotation came from TDI North The intakes (tegiwa) are £526 supplied and fitted with new intake pipe and scuttle...
  78. jackCTR

Tegiwa Parts reviews

was that the spoon with the b pipe or just the back box? whats the fujitsubo sound like?
  79. jackCTR

Tegiwa Parts reviews

isit, okay mate nice one. what sort of make am i looking at to get the more higher pitched sporty sound you recon? dont want the deep tone, whats the spoon n1 like?
  80. jackCTR

Tegiwa Parts reviews

whats the teg exhaust system like? the exhaust tone iam looking for is not so much of a boy racer deep dirty tone. iam looking for the more cleaner sporty sound. more higher pitched if you catch my drift! anyone knowif what i have just describd sounds like i should go for the teg? or know which...
  81. jackCTR

Tegiwa Parts reviews

who me or the other guy? what do you mean by troll? lol iam a newbie you see
  82. jackCTR

Tegiwa Parts reviews

Hey everyone! just want to get any reviews of people running such things as tegiwa inductions, exhausts, mani's etc to see what their opinons of them are if possible. Reason being as you all know their parts are priced really low compared to others. so are they rubbish quality? or are their...
  83. jackCTR

tyres.

yeah i see them after i posted this lol thanks anyways mate
  84. jackCTR

tyres.

What tyres are recommended for the performance and price guys? :) what are people running?
  85. jackCTR

perfect wheel size

just wondering whats the perfect wheel size for the Ep3? 17s like the OEMs or maybe got 18? wanna buy the best size for handling you see :)
  86. jackCTR

ive heard youve got to be running a race header for that mod mate. i may be wrong though...
  87. jackCTR

short shifter

hey! somebody recommended a buddyclub short shifter to me as a good mod but i dont really know what sort of benefits it will have to me. do i have to be running other supporting mods to make it beneficial to me? or will it still have effect standard. thanks :)
  88. jackCTR

i see your running a japspeed mani, hows that baring up? iam attracted too it because of the price but i hear bad things. you experienced any problems with yours?
  89. jackCTR

iam looking for the high pitched sporty sound, one like the skunk2 mega power R! :) dont want one that sounds too much like a typical boy racers one lol
  90. jackCTR

beginners street package

was an LSD lads?
  91. jackCTR

beginners street package

sounds a good starting set up dude :) what engine mounts you got? whats the benefits of having aftermarket engine mounts you know? thinking of maybe getting some myself.
  92. jackCTR

yeah let me know mate, ive had a look at some of the piper systems n they seem quite good value for money IMO. alwyas heard they give a nice crisp sound so yeah but good to know what it sounds like n also whats gains it can produce!!
  93. jackCTR

beginners street package

haha yeah I know I could I am just looking for an all round street package really, like you said suspension FRSU and some slight power gains will do just fine! :) What you running currently then dude?
  94. jackCTR

cheers mate! :) i really like the sound of the skunk2 mega power r 70mm do you know if youd have to run a 4 2 1 race header with that?
  95. jackCTR

hiya iam a newbie and iam looking at getting an exhaust system fitted to the EP3. i just want to get an idea on what people are running, see what peoples opinons are in terms of performance and sound, also see what exhausts seem to be worth there pennies and the ones that arent! which exhausts...
  96. jackCTR

beginners street package

okay will do...cheers :)
  97. jackCTR

beginners street package

iam from norwich mate, know of any around that sort of way?
  98. jackCTR

beginners street package

nice one mate, cheers for that! :D yeah what arms and bolts would you say are good to go for? like i said i dont mind paying for qaulity! :)
  99. jackCTR

beginners street package

oh does it. okay, how would sort of huge difference we talking? where abouts can you go to get a fast road set-up, how much money are we talking bud?
  100. jackCTR

beginners street package

fast road set up?
Back