• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jigga50

HID conversion kits

Cheers, will send him a pm. Don't think I've logged into ctro for several years.
  2. jigga50

HID conversion kits

Hi Can anyone recommend a brand or kit? There are loads on ebay, I'm sure will be varying quality. Some of the feedback was off putting, "lasts two days" "melted" stuff like that!! Seen Mccollough products, know they're supposed to be good, albeit more expensive. It's for my...
  3. jigga50

Highest Mileage on an EP3

I sold my 53 reg pre facelift a year go, iirc around 60-70k miles for £5100, so would imagine you could pick something up in this time of year for your budget.
  4. jigga50

Insurance company

They emailed me back, saying wanted proof of ncb. It's 4 months into the policy ffs. I didn't have any details, couldn't remember who it was I was previously insured with. To cut a long story short managed to jog my memory and get it sorted. Just as well really, paying about £250 at the moment...
  5. jigga50

Insurance company

Yeah going to ring Monday, better to speak to a real person and find out. Just thought it was an odd thing to ask for, given I've never had to provide it in 4 years of riding and 12 years of driving! EDIT : Found it, crisis over lol
  6. jigga50

Insurance company

I took out some bike insurance in January. I recently changed bikes and therefore changed it over to the new one a few weeks ago. I got an email saying they need a copy of by driving license. Can't understand why they would need this, never been asked before. Also i'm 3 months into the...
  7. jigga50

Rough idle when warming up

Could it be the engine cover is loose? This happened on mine when it was cold.
  8. jigga50

Poorly EP3 Rolling road result!!

Someone said about the top gear challenge. They also did one with a Renault espace type thing, put new suspension on etc. They did a dyno and it was down on power. from the quoted figure.
  9. jigga50

Just booked a trackday!

Is that in your own car or something else? I'm off the Oulton park Saturday, see my mate racing a motorbike :lol:
  10. jigga50

Just booked a trackday!

Pics/Vid from Rockingham Had a good day, although only stayed for the track part of the day. My neck was wrecked :mad: Corsa - Quite nippy and chuckable, although didn't like the driving position. Astra - Nice to drive, but oddly turbo didn't seem to kick in till about 5k, then woosh. VXR8 -...
  11. jigga50

Possible to replace seat covers?

My seats on my pre facelift ep3 are getting a bit shabby on the sides. Particularly the drivers side. See the covers zip off, but £600 is stupid money. Sure buying the seats from a scrappy would be a lot cheaper. I've seen the leather seats on a ctr, I thought they looked good personally, iirc...
  12. jigga50

Just booked a trackday!

It was more of a cost issue, in my own car. Petrol and wear on tyres/pads/disc etc. Also gives me a chance to drive some different cars. It's now gone down from £160 to £120, I've been credited the £40 difference :cool: Also going earlier to take some photos of the morning session. So I'll...
  13. jigga50

Just booked a trackday!

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/microsite/vxrtrackday/vxr_trackday.html Booked Rockingham on 27th June. Was going to go last year, but it was sold out. Should be a good day!! Always wanted to rag a car about on a track, just not my own!!
  14. jigga50

v power etc.

Same here, stepping feeling at low revs. Doesn't seem to pick up quite as well. Also after several tanks of 95 vtec is farily none existent compared to with super. One tank after isn't going to make much difference. I would say to people try a few tanks of vpower. As the difference is graduale...
  15. jigga50

best drop in filter for stock airbox

I had a panel fiiler (k&N) in my bravo 1.8. Seemed to make a little difference low down. About the same difference from 95 ron to optimax. Thinking of an ITG one myself.
  16. jigga50

dastek unichip?

I've just got a standard ep3 with no mods. According to the dastek site it makes a big difference. That said, it doesn't say if the table is from a standard car. Also strange that the bhp before only goes up to about 150bhp, it can't be that much down on claimed bhp figures surely. On a...
  17. jigga50

New Stereo

Just bought one of these. http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=KDLHX601 £60 :cool: Going to order a dab aerial too. Debating whether to order the ipod box for it, which is £32 ish. Think will just stick an mp3 cd in the unit. Suspect I will be listening to Planet Rock most...
  18. jigga50

LPG

Just been searching and there are no posts about this. Since I got my ctr fuel has gone up a lot. Spending roughly £1600 a year on fuel. Looking into lpg conversion, it would save me £1k a year on fuel. Also slightly cheaper tax too. I am looking to move out in the next year or so, this would...
  19. jigga50

IPOD in a EP3

Just noticed the civic stereo isn't square so would need and adapter. Had one for the bravo, stereo didn't quite fit properely because of it. hmm
  20. jigga50

IPOD in a EP3

I know I said I wouldn't change the Head unit but if was going to take dash apart for lead, may aswell change it. The stock changer wouldn't work then but who needs it when you have mp3/ipod connections. I do have an old Sony mp3 changer, but that defeats the object having an ipod. Thinking a...
  21. jigga50

IPOD in a EP3

Got the standard HU and changer in my ep3. Sick of swapping copied cd's in the HU. Got a new Ipod nano 8gb now. Not sure which route to go down. Either the ipod cable for the HU, although my mate has done this many times on civics (he used to work for bass junkie) I am worried about him...
  22. jigga50

OEM vs TP Pads

From Honda they are £45 so will go for those. Not a bad price.
  23. jigga50

OEM vs TP Pads

Hi Had a quick search but nothing too current. I need to replace my standard OEM pads on my ep3 2003 ctr. If I don't get the standard front pads which I guess are £50-£60. After a good third party set, e.g red dot. These seem to be good has anyone got them? Don't want cheap crappy one's I...
  24. jigga50

Air Con

All sorted now. very cold, bank account very empty!
  25. jigga50

Air Con

Had it looked at. The compressor is damaged. By a stone or something. Compressor + regass + labour £464 OUCH!! to be fair not as much as I thought for the part, vectra one is more like £800. Just to top things off. Went to petrol station was closed, still a bit flustered managed to...
  26. jigga50

Air Con

Checked the gas this weekend, was totally empty.
  27. jigga50

Air Con

I have booked it in at Honda for a weeks time. In the mean time going to top it up, if it's not that will take it. My mate reckons most systems have a safety vaulve that stops power to the compressor when the gas is low.
  28. jigga50

Air Con

Lets hope it just needs regassing. It's out of warrenty. New compressor and/or rad won't be cheap.
  29. jigga50

Air Con

If the air con is very low should the compressor still come on? I know mine was low in the summer so must be very low now. I can't hear the compressor come on when I press the button. Hoping it just needs topping up. It's a 53 reg ctr. Thanks
  30. jigga50

Viewing own threads

Hi Since the forum has changed the "view my threads" link has disappeared. Or am I not looking in the right place. Thanks
  31. jigga50

Standard Tyres and Brake Pads - how long?

I've had my CTR almost a year now. Had just under 29k when I got it, done 41k now. The tyres seemed new when I got the car still plenty of tread on them now. Used to only get 8-10k on tyres on previous cars. Probably due to the softer compound.
  32. jigga50

Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

Has anyone got a sound clip of the Gruppe M so I can compare against the CAI. I have a standard pre faclift CTR with no mods. What are the rough torque/power gains of a Gruppe M vs CAI. Preffably on a standard ctr. ------ To be honest wouldn't mind the power/torque increase but don't...
  33. jigga50

Brake Disc wear

I have a 2003 ctr with 40k on the clock, had it since Dec 2005 29k. It has the original Disc/pads on front and rear. Someone pointed out that the front discs are worn a bit which you would expect but the rears looks almost brand new like the haven't been used. Is this nomal? I...
Back