• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Cowen

Cowen's NHB EP3 Premier Edition - 'Black Stealth' - Final Update

Thanks Jimbo. I have only had the car since January but I enjoyed the 4 months of driving it and felt it needed to be done right and properly. I got it serviced at Honda and all the parts were purchased new with the work done by trusted people. My cars are my pride and joy when I have them. So...
  2. Cowen

Final Update. So here is the final update Boys and Girls. After ordering all the parts I wanted, I took the car up to TDi North to get everything fitted and the FRSU done. Parts fitted were: JDM Anti-Roll Bar Eibach Lowering Springs Eibach Camber Bolts Eibach Camber Arms I had fitted the...
  3. Cowen

My EP3 winning awards this weekend

Congratulations Samantha :) Hard work rewarded.
  4. Cowen

FN2 Sway bar ?

Where did you get the work done?
  5. Cowen

lowered on eibach 30mm springs but rear hasnt dropped

Did you manage to resolve the issue mate?
  6. Cowen

Thanks for the info Jimbo, I will measure it on a flat surface before and after the fitment. Will help others with the info on how much of a drop the pro kit actually gives aswell :) I am getting the FRSU done so there will be some camber put on from that (yes I know not alot, but it will help)...
  7. Cowen

Great, so I have got the wrong kit then!! Guess I will have to go with a 15mm drop instead as its too late to exchange them. As for the wheels, I will be getting the arches rolled just to make sure there is no scrubbing, but I have test fitted them and it is not as bad as you expect. Plus there...
  8. Cowen

Headlight fixed and More Parts :D Hello Boys and Girls...... So an update to my EP3 :) After the little incident with the smashed headlight, I searched around and found myself a replacement headlight to get the car back to its great self. Didnt take long to install and everything lined up...
  9. Cowen

Bought a second hand gruppe m... Need some advice please

Thats absolutely fine mate, mine sits exactly the same as yours in the pictures. Very little will actually get in there and the small amount that does will drain out through the hole in the bottom :)
  10. Cowen

Bought a second hand gruppe m... Need some advice please

I have the tegiwa m and havent used the heat shield. Many other people with the gruppe m or tegiwa m have decided against using the heat shield to be honest, i think it is more of a personal choice. IIRC it doesnt support the actual intake at all. Have you got any pictures of your scuttle? You...
  11. Cowen

Eibach Camber Bolts and Camber Arms for EP3

Thanks for the advice Jimbo. Im quite lucky in that I have quite a good budget when it comes to parts (not as big as some of course lol), but I have only heard good things about the eibach components and so thought they were the best for the money. If there are other/better components anyone...
  12. Cowen

Eibach Camber Bolts and Camber Arms for EP3

Hey guys. So I have been looking around on google and ebay etc for these, but before I go buying them from any old place, I was just wondering where other people had purchased them from? I would prefer to go with a company I know is trusted than just somebody through google as they may have had...
  13. Cowen

Recaro Question

^^ That!
  14. Cowen

Ep3 06 tweeters?

I should really check my speakers as the sound system in mine is great .... I just thought it was the standard setup as it came with the honda stereo etc installed
  15. Cowen

SAD TIMES!! So after getting the car detailed and having it look spot on, the next day I decided to go out for a drive down some country roads to enjoy what the EP3 is all about. When on the way home this happened!! STUPID F***ING PHEASANT DECIDED TO COMMIT SUICIDE!!! Absolutely raging...
  16. Cowen

Clean and Detailing to give it back some shine!! So with the nice weather now coming back, I decided it was time to give the car a proper clean and detailing that it deserves..... Give the colour that pop and shine again :) So after speaking to a friend who does car valeting on some VERY...
  17. Cowen

Samantha's freshly painted new build EP3

The fresh paintwork and smoothed bumper really looks the part. Nice EP3 :)
  18. Cowen

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

I have looked around and the RM01A is still available but at a cost of course. It is making me think whether to go for the TEGIWA or go for the original as I loved the sound and quality of the Fujitsubo but the TEGIWA seems to be very good value for a system on par with the original.
  19. Cowen

Thanks N77. Very good comparison there between the two.
  20. Cowen

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

What can I say Tom..... Just an amazing project from start to finish. I just spent well over an hour reading all 74 pages of this and the highs and lows you have experienced with this project is what I love about cars. Making into something that is your won and has your own touch about it. It...
  21. Cowen

Having owned and RM01A before on my EG6 and looking at getting one for my EP3, it does look very similar to that system. Would be nice to hear the comparison between the two and see what the difference in gains etc is.
  22. Cowen

Ep3 progress thread

Amazing car mate, really like the colour. What tyre size you running on those rims?
  23. Cowen

Update ...... Tegiwa goodies and more to come :) Hey people :D So purchased myself some bits for the EP3 :) First I got myself a Tegiwa M Induction Kit: Cant wait to get this installed. Going to modify my own scuttle panel. Second was some new bolts to dress up the engine bay (along...
  24. Cowen

Window tinting my civic type R ep3

Nice work mate. I was planning to keep mine standard but it just never turns out that way lol Good luck with the build, will keep an eye on it and see exactly what you get up to :)
  25. Cowen

Window tinting my civic type R ep3

Another one of the many reasons I went for a premier edition is due to the rear windows already having a factory tint on them. They just look so much better. Check out my members car thread for pictures of a NHB if you want an idea on how yours will look mate :)
  26. Cowen

Gruppe M induction kit with OEM intake?

If you are on about the OEM black pipe then yes you can use it, but I have heard that it can move quite a bit and split the pipe. So would be better for you to get a silicone hose from somewhere like Tegiwa :)
  27. Cowen

A little update....... So I purchased a few minor bits that I needed to replace: New parts from Honda including new wing mirror glass, new rear wiper blade and Honda Jass washer jets: Some new number plates with carbon fibre letters: Then finally a set of 6k HIDs and LED sidelights...
  28. Cowen

fitting 6k h1 hid kit help please :/

No problem Josh. Definitely a great upgrade, love having them fitted to mine :) Good luck.
  29. Cowen

fitting 6k h1 hid kit help please :/

If you havent got any then you need some holders that fit around the HID bulb to fit in to the headlight without drilling any holes etc Like these: http://www.hids4u.co.uk/honda-civic-type-r-and-type-s-bulb-holders.html With these you can then set them in and use the metal clip to secure them...
  30. Cowen

Thanks Chris. Is very tidy and a great starting point for me ...... Such good fun though :)
  31. Cowen

Thanks guys :) Part of the reason I got the premier edition is the seats :D
  32. Cowen

Hey guys, So I have a day off work and so thought I should edit this post and write a proper intro about myself and my new CTR :) My name is Grant and its nice to meet you guys. My Honda story started out when I purchased a 1993 Honda Civic EG6 as my first car and absolutely loved it. The...
  33. Cowen

Rota Grid Drift's ......

Thanks for the info Davey. I guess the best option is to speak to Julian at RareRims and test fit one to see what is best. That way the question can finally be answered and I can pass on the info to people like yourself :)
  34. Cowen

Rota Grid Drift's ......

I knew I would have to stretch the tyres, but from the looks of those pictures I dont know if he is running much camber even though he has slammed it. But thanks for the help NYA :)
  35. Cowen

Rota Grid Drift's ......

YES!! I have found evidence of an EP3 fitted with the wheels I want and in the same fitment!! Some of you will have seen the photos of it .... A yellow EP3 on black rota grid drifts. He has it lowered and I think the tyres are 205/40/17 but it is proof that the wheels will fit. Must .... Order...
  36. Cowen

Rota Grid Drift's ......

Using a few websites that take your old and new wheel sizes and calculates the difference, it would be very close. I would have to stretch the tyres slightly but really need to test fit some.
  37. Cowen

Rota Grid Drift's ......

I have found a company that does them in 17" 5x114.3 8.5j ET30. So the question is will these fit?
  38. Cowen

Rota Grid Drift's ......

Hey, So I have decided that I want a set of Rota Grid Drift's for my EP3. I have searched through the topics on the forums regarding these wheels and fitment, but there is only a few from a while ago that is people asking about them. What I am wondering is if anybody has now fitted a set of...
Back